Main Menu

Erana Farrell's timer

Started by Gremkin, November 02, 2004, 12:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaynne

Just a not so quiet word of warning... personal attacks are not allowed in any forum here.  I don't care how hot under the collar you get, everyone is to be treated with respect.  Stop the name calling.  Now.

Tusconi

Interesting how its just an hour. But two hours!!!.....OH NO!! You say what about the people who cant work that schedule? What about people that work that schedule, time it and then someone comes out to just pop it without killing it? What about beastlords who go out there to do the epic fight and someone pops it on them while they are getting set up? This would be completely disregarding the druid fight.  One hour isnt that long...you are right. But if there are people who can't work around a two hour schedule, don't you think there might be some druids or something that can't work around the one hour mob pop? And when has it ever been acceptable to have a raid mob popped on anyone? Druid goes out there to do the fight and bam!!! The whole raid gets wiped cuz DDA got popped cuz someone cant do the two hour schedule. Of course I know your response to the previous statement would be the same as your other one....."And?"
I would also note that the person who asked this question understood this and has no plans of doing it. To you its only an hour. To the raid that gets wiped because of it, it may be a lot longer for that druid to get his/her epic done.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

zumu

and? your post makes no sense. it shows that you have not read the threads in this topic. still, ill briefly address your points, in no particular order:

druids can pop their mob anytime, simply by walking into the tunnels. as can shaman btw. we dont have that luxury.

yes, an hour rather than two. if you would care to read the threads in this 1.5 forum, you will find several people for whom the 1 vs. 2 is an issue. you can feel free to go tell them that their problems are meaningless. in fact, youve already done that. so much for respect, please dont lecture me on it again.

do you think anyone would go pop DDA with a raid *in his room*? or even setting up? where did you get that from? imo youre inventing things now, to bolster an untenable position. fortunately i know where you can get your hands on a written record of everything said in these forums :D please quote the text from this or any other thread, where anyone myself included advocated or condoned that. its a valid point, but not in the context in which youve tried to use it.

selling clues, cheap. might have something to do with /who + /ooc.

Tusconi

I note that you make no comment for the beasts who may have already timed the schedule to go out there. As for the druids popping their mob whenever they walk in, I note that you don't comment on the fact that druids may have the same problem as far as getting the raid together within time spans. There is one post that notes that, if Elana Farrel isn't up, the raid will move on to the next target. Now suppose, as is likely, that there are druids with that same problem. Only thing is their mobs always pop right? Except this time when they go out to pop their mob, they can't do their fight because someone chose to pop DDA at that time. So, the raid moves to another target and the druid gets screwed. Ahh, but I know....."and?" Who really cares if the druid gets screwed right?

In addition, Erana Farrell is nowhere near that room. So how would the person popping it know if there is a raid in "his room"? Sure you could do a /who, but does that show where the people are in the zone? Or do you just not pop the mob when there are more than 2 or 3 groups in the zone? Or do you just pop the mob and assume that they aren't there? Or.....

In response to your comments about people who are having a problem with the window, I note that they have said they would NOT use this strategy of just popping the raid mob without plans to kill it. Now why do you suppose that is? Maybe because they play the game right and have respect for others? They already stated they have the respect not to do something like this. And yes, I have a lot of respect for them, as they do for others.  I have the same problem as my raid would just move to the next target too. However, I have no intention of just popping him anyway. I will wait. Some people have patience, such as those who have already stated they wouldn't do that.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

negrismorte

It is a triggered fight, not a pleasant one, and as such it must be managed.  IF triggering it to put it on a schedule is what you need to do, then that is what you do.  I exp in RCoD quite often.  There are rarely ever 2 groups in there and never in the area of the epic spawns (druid, sham, beast).  I dont see it as a problem to manage the timeline.  That is the mechanics SOE put in place for this fight.

EDIT: forgot to add ... how is this any different than a raid showing up in tactics to kill rallos? That fight has a big effect on that zone :P  and there are probably many other examples as well.

Aeshmal

QuoteOr do you just pop the mob and assume that they aren't there?
This is silly. You spend 30 seconds and ask the zone in /ooc or /shout if anyone is doing the druid epic mob. If not, pop the DDA and start your timer. It's that simple.

Vidyne

Also make sure no other raid is in zone, while youre doing your mob...

When we tried Krekk and beat him, and when a time guild I have a friend in tried him, both times, the zone had 2 30ish raids.

60 people total in zone.

When we did Krekk, around 50% life on Krekk, the zone DIED.

All players and npcs would stop moving for 15 sec, then....  move for 1-2 seconds fighting/casting, then stop moving for 15 sec, then move for 1-2 sec.

We completed the Krekk fight doing this, it took almost 20-30minutes total.

Would imagine itd be the same for any fight in this zone.  Zone isnt designed to hold 60 people..... which is sad.  BoT usually holds 140 before it starts dying.

Know this isnt really related to our fight directly....

Just try not to do turn in when another raid is in zone, likely will lag out like everyone on our server does when another raid is in this zone.

We've gotten War epic 1.5 and Shm epic 1.5 btw... with just 30 people or less both times.

Yet still DDA is impossible for us.  /shrug.

Tusconi

And I guess just hope no one who had planned on doing it comes in during the next hour. Course they will never know how long it has been up and the raid with them will logically assume it was just popped. Why wait an hour when they could do something productive.
Still isnt that hard to time it and go there when its up.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

negrismorte

.... i smell a tree hugger, an angry tree hugger

Tusconi

????????????
I am a "tree-hugger" because I have respect for other people enough not to mess with their raids that they might be starting? I am a "tree-hugger" because I can see that its not that hard to work within that schedule by simply figuring out when she will be up? rofl....that has to be the most hilarious thing I have ever heard!
Oh and one other thing. In reference to your edit to the previous post on how is this any different to a guild spawning RZ......umm, maybe cuz the guild plans on KILLING RZ and not just spawning him and leaving him up??....duh!

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

Growlin

You know.  Some people in here really, really need to find some help.
Just because a monkie can climb a tree does not mean it gets free cable.

Sative

Didnt know you could leave RZ up did they change his script  :twisted: