Main Menu

Grimling.

Started by Deiadrox, October 11, 2004, 04:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deiadrox

Just wondering if these guys are spawned by killing random grimling, if they have phs, or if they just randomly spawn.  I killed the general, got the medal.  He spawned in the middle of nowhere, with no otehr grimling around him, and I don't remember killing anything near that area.  

Also, are the medals from the two different?  could i just loot two from the general? Or will i need one from each?

Deiadrox

Sat there for a few hours, seems they spawn in random spots so just camp them.

Colonel was at 1250 150, on the wall half way between the Tenebrous Mtns and AC.

General was at 550 450(I think, getting locs after the fact.) More of less SE of AC.  

Both were extremely easy to solo, me and my pet weren't buffed(no haste, procs, fero etc) for Colonel and I had no probs.

No need to mass slay grimlings as these are just random spawns.

Fionnah

You say they were easy to solo.... did you aggro/fol kite or did they summon?

What are the details of these mobs, straight up melee or do they have an AE/proc?
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Eatbugs

They don't summon, but there's really no need to aggro kite anyway.  They hit for ~500, but they're obsessed with casting their lifetap (Lesser Grimling Leech) to the point where they rarely go more than a couple of consecutive rounds of straight melee.  If you have decent MR (300+ buffed) and are 66+ you'll be partially or completely resisting the lifetap most of the time, so they're much easier to tank than most of the epic 1.5 named spawns.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Shieara

They seem to be completely random.  I parked a ranger here and just checked track every now and then.  They are total wimps to solo, you can just melee them down.   Just make sure you have decent mr to resist their lifetap.

Henathu

The Colonel spawned on the east side of the river. The General spawned on the west side but very near a camp. A tracker helps tremendously. Since I didn't have one, I just ran a continual grid for a couple of hours till I got both of them.
Wildblood
Henathu Stormwatcher 70th Beastlord of Luclin Server and Proud Member of <Sheep>

Merescata

Not sure if this matters now, but the General DID summon.   Also need to know if I HAVE to have one medallion from each or 2 from same mob. 

Cheers!
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

tunr

has anyone done the quest for the Grimling bane wepaons and then used them on the General & Col?

If so was it an easier fight?
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

hakaaba

Save yourself some time you wont need it.  If youre good enough to be doing your 2.0 then you can solo these without a pet :p

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))