Main Menu

The Spiritfrenzied Phoenix

Started by Vahaus Warder, March 08, 2005, 06:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vahaus Warder

Using the map at the following link could someone tell me where this thing is located with island # and approx loc please? Thanks in advance.

Map of Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind

Sharrien

I don't remember for sure, but i believe it was island 5, but may have been the one before it.  When I got mine we were in the midst of a plow to do the spiders and the monks brought it to the raid after I asked if anyone saw it around.  When you see a bunch of other phoenixes, that's the spot.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Latang

100% certain it is isle 6. Isle 5 is the air elemental isle. As you go onto isle 6, it's almost exactly at that little rock in the sw quadrant of the isle. might be a little bit more south, say about neg800-850, pos 600 ish.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Latang

Oh and a cool strat for those who know a couple of monk friends that are flagged. Take your 2 lvl 70, flagged and uber monk friends and run them up to isle 6. They will see the semi safe spot there, nw'ish of the spiritfrenzied. Wanderers path through there but not that often. You wait at inzone. They pull and burn the thing down in record time, you leap aboard your racing horse/pig, making sure you are buffed to the gills (including every resist buff you can get your hands on, and AC) and run like a mofo up to the island. Chances are you'll make it. While you are running, get your 2 monk friends to tag and drag all the mobs they can away from the dead phoenix and it should leave you with enough time to loot before you get destroyed by the awsome train you just created.

I dont know if the run can be done without a 100k horse or drogmor. Never tried it. BUT I have managed it quite often with one. Anyway, make sure you turn on fast no-drop item loot, be ready to hit your defensive disc if you get stunned, and be ready to summon your corpse back to guild hall if the bee's root you. I did it this way with just 1 monk, but he's pretty awsome (has epic 2.0, KTH 1hb) and he soloed it and when it started running he was at 50% or something. Super power Xastizi monk!

Rarrum

Another idea on this that I plan to try soon.. is die, and have a necro drag/train in and FD.. then rez once agro clear and kill it there.

A different idea I had was to do it solo using an Interplanar Brain Blaster ( DoN brewing item, has effect http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=6655 ).  My brewing's not quite up to par though, and have had troubles getting the pieces so will likely go the necro route (not as many well-geared monks in guild).  Doing it solo though would be similar... train in using a 100k drogmar then FD at the spot.. and as soon as agro clears (and drunk effect wears off enough) .. just solo it.

Bengali

I've read the Interplanar Brain Blaster has a huge chance to fail, so be wary of that.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Shatho

Does anyone know what this guy hits for?  I would like to know how many guildmates I need to drag along with me. 

Wrek Increw Druid
Mens  Monk
Quellious

trichem

same here, want some information that is confirmed.

rumours say that u can solo this one others say u need raid for it.

Anyone has any information?

Zanois

the actual mob you could probably solo, fully bst slowable, I dont recall how hard he hit, but I know it wasn't hard....

The hardest part about this mob is getting to him, you can do this several ways, take 2 groups with you and clear everything upto him.

Have a bard or monk train everything away from him, and FD/Fade and you run all the way up.

Have a necro take your corpse up, Fd/Rez you up there, you will need a few people to help you once there tho, because at the end of the tunnel to the open area where he spawns you will need to pull some trash, for example 2 mobs are either side of the exit, they can hit in the 1k region, and are only partial slowable if I recall.

Either way good luck>)

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Mahes

You definitely can solo the epic mob, assuming your gear is on par with someone able to complete the 2.0.  It will run at low health, so be ready for that.

As said elsewhere, getting there is the trick.  I took a druid, monk, bard, and myself.  The bard could have gotten me there alone but he also had a rez stick and he's a special kind of badass with the class. 

What we ended up doing was letting the bard and monk drag myself and the druid up top, rez us in, and kill.  We had a second death for myself and the druid due to a spider roamer.

It's easiest with a couple groups I'm sure, but if you know a bard, monk, or necro that's very good and can rez you...then you can duo it.

Constaq

ok... I feel like a neewb... I missed out on most of PoP.  I dont have this flag. I mention it to Guildies and they cringed then I say PoA not PoSky and they dont cringe as much..  I can get 5 peeps to help me get in (gimp) how long would it take to get to this mob? aprox.  Thanks.  Im stuck on this drop on epic 2 and we as of last night are Anguished Flaged..

and .. to make sure.. PoSky is the evil DT zone with keys PoAir different zone no keys Just a flag to get in?

thanks..

Mahes

Yes, PoAir is the flagged PoP zone.

How long it takes is just going to depend on how you approach it.  If you take a small raid, say 3-4 groups, it probably wouldn't take more than 45 mins to an hour to clear there and kill the bird.  If you use one of the duo or trio methods mentioned above, it would likely take about 10 minutes, but they require a really good FD class or bard as well as a rez stick if no necro.

Latang

Phoenix only hits 900ish from memory, very soloable if you dont get a spider add. Spiders are very tough and path through the tunnel. Best place imo to set up is in the middle of the island just westish/southwestish of the birds in the middle of the island, in a nice open area with no spawns. If you're not soloing tho, i'd get up there and rush him at his spot, there is only 1 bird that will add (right next to him) and is far enough off the spider path that it's not gonna add.

aleg

real easy way to beat this is to not be lazy and try to train mobs away. Just get a group and clear to em.

Constaq

with One group it took us 40 min to pull/clear to Spirifrenzied Phoenix.. had to do it twice cus I f'd up my combie (i dont want to speak of it) First time some name was up at the ent to first Tunnel.. killed the monk.. it was sweet.