Main Menu

I figured out a good clue for the piece we looking for

Started by Man0warr, September 19, 2004, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siodan

Quote from: OgeeWho says this drogmor is what we need ? It seems that everything has been tried with it and nothing is working including turning his drop in . This is everquest , just because it looks like it should fit doesn't mean it does .

And just because it doesn't work doesn't mean it is the wrong part ..  once again i state that we need to RELEASE and i repeat RELEASE the {bunnies} Savage energy from that beasts essense and turn in the ENERGY like the text tells us to. If you follow gramor (and i had to get someone else to fil this in as i {bunnies} in English class) it tells you.

QuoteIts spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord.

the "that must be reclaimed" is a prepositional phrase describeing the feral force not the spirit.

QuoteYou must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me.

the first "it" refers to the spirit wich was the topic of preceding sentence. the second it "it" now refering to the "savage energy".

this seems to me to be clear that we ned to release the energy and that is why this part is not working.

so far combining it in a forge doesn't work, nor with a smithy hammer nor with  a Soulforge hamer, nor with the hat with all those combinations, doesn't work, also in a morter and pestl doen't work. No one in PoK seems to want to release essence or in Shar VAhl or Shadweavers or tranquility, or gunthak or stonebrunt. tho i could have missed a few npcs.

there is still a wide wide world to check for this before i give up on it.  

now just to show i'm open mined i'll start killing anything posible, after all posible solutions to the essence we got from the Drogmore ( as well as the improbable) are exhausted, i'l start hunting and find a ranger bot.  The Wizard epic has a spawned named that i helped my husband try to find, ther is a /say phrase to say, we spent hours covering the place it told us to say the phrase in.... later on someone posted where to say it... we never even thought we could get where it stated, and yet if we had given up and the others had given up on what was correct but just not done right, they would still probably be stuck on that part as we seem to be on this on.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

kartunevz

snakes were surmountable?  then they werent?  does ssra make any sense?

Sharrien

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Hayyel

While trying different key phrases the following seemed to spark a reply from Muada.  Possibly not far enough along yet.

Spirit world?

not sure if this has to do with anything but found it interesting.

Sharrien

Maybe hold it on your cursor and cast a spell to release the energy.  Kind of a stretch, but we seem to be running out of ideas.  Ferocity or Infusion of Spirit come to mind as possibilities.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Shadowpaw

I don't think this quest is going to follow any mechanics we aren't already familiar with.

Let's assume occam's razor is reasonable and say:

1. This isn't the right piece.

- OR -

2. There is a step that needs to be done before the piece can be turned in.

--

#1 Is very possible. Several reasonable explanations for other locations have been described. Personally, Maiden's Eye fits the explanation very well. The word play of "surmountable" is reasonable, but not by any means an absolute. Saying Gulf of Gunthak fits the eye of the storm element of the riddle is a stretch.

#2 Is also possible. I think less possible than #1. The other piece in the quest does not need any particular combine to be considered a valid part of the Epic by Muada.

Therefore, I think we need to have some people go search Maiden's Eye and other zones for possible clues.

I recall having to spend two days farming in Luclin to get rare drops for my savage spirit claws. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same situation.
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Siodan

QuoteThe word play of "surmountable" is reasonable, but not by any means an absolute.

just one thing i have seen over and over again ... "surmountable" Means: Surmountable

Yes the play on words "mount" refering to the Drogmore is comical. But actualy 100% correct. The very definition of the word means something that can be conquered/tamed/overcome/climbed on top of, not just a play on Mount which is the root word. There is no true "word play", it really is the definition.

i know this is a bit of a rant it's just upsetting (after 32 hours awake reaserching things it's easy to get annoyed) that after all our posts on this board that the definition of the word gets thrown out just because of a punn.
I liked the punn it was funny. Still not 100% certain that we have the right mob, but the 99.9999% that is certain wishes Norrath would just blow up so it can get some esleep :)
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Chadoe

In Plane of Storms there is a mob named Swirling Monsoon Elemental, he is supposedly part of the mage epic for those who did not do their epic, but it might also drop what we need because it says needs to be released by a beastlord.......Just a thought, wish I would have had time to try it tonight.

He is a new mob, and looks like an air elemental.
link=www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=346857] Chadoe--Lvl 70 Beast---Tholuxe Pales

Fugitmori Chafftail 54 Warrior--member of Acropolis
The spirit is immeasurable.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Thunderfang

Ok here is a suggestion read the clips of what the elders have said.  Look what they are hunting.  Seems maybe this is what we should be looking for. Also maybe there is a box of some sort we have to find that will hold all of the essences. My suggestion is to go back and look for these types of mobs. I posted before that it is not where but WHAT.

Elder #1I rionu Bastun says 'I've been studying the rhinocerousss asss well asss other thingsss I cannot discuss, but my life is about our kind and the power of our warders. This gray beast here isss so incredibly fierce and surprisingly agile for itsss size. I have been able to use the waysss of ferociousss beastsss in some of my conjuresss that you may have heard of, hm?! Endless things to learn about wild beastsss. Enough slithering of the tongue, I shall [read] thisss note now.

Elder #2 Rashara Wrualla says 'Terrible. Just Terrible. I had a feeling something was wrong. You may return this to him -- I have signed it. Interesting place here, isn't it? Those Potameids do cause come trouble. I find them very hard to study as they are quite feisty. I specialize in the advancement and power of warders and the spirits of the wild I command are very dear and special. Many of them are of an ilk you have never seen and they are much sought after. All that will have to [wait]. I must go.'
Elder #3 Ikpug Giblod says: Ah, is letter from Muada! Have back! I gets bugged all da time out here. Me hates it lots. All my try to do study da lizards and how dey [survive] and grow in dis pretty and big place.

Elder #4 Diddugu said 'Tanks. You can have back. Me spit 'n' smear dat so Muada know me see it. Me smudged it me thinks. Me trust no one! Me on big job now and no time. Me studying da [mastodon]. Dey hurt me lots, but me tuff with my warder. No match for me! Dey do survive da cold good and manage not to die wit all da wurms and da beasts here. Me try to learn to harness da power of dem.'

Elder #5Marrey McGrannel says. "It is indeed authentic. i suppose i can tell ye that i've been studyin' the way o' the sirens. We as beastlords use the strength of our warders, as well as bestow magic upon them. These sirens use mind tricks! i'm workin' on a [way] to use the magic these fair ocean maidens do to help our kin."

So that leaves us With:
1 Rhinocerous
2 Potameids
3 Lizard
4 Mastadon
5 Siren
So far the Drogmar is a lizard and it has been killed.
Sounds like we have to find what it is they were killing or hunting for.
Go back to where ya found the elders and look for the beasts.
Ocean of tears is where the Siren is.
Overthere is where a Rhino is.
Jaggedpine is where the Potameids are.
CT is where the lizards are.
Western wastes is where the mastadons are.
Maybe Storms is where ya have to find the container.

Garl

I had a crazy thought. Has anybody studied the texture used in the sky of Luclin to see if there is any cloud cover that looks like a storm over a specific part of the world?
Garl
70 Beastlord
Ayonae Ro

Sasshaku

here's a longshot, try combining the item from the drogmor with an essence emerald somehow?

a_moss_snake_001

Handed the swirling feral essence to the iksar Animist in OT with interesting results.

a) I got the "trumpet" noise
b) she took the essence (didnt give it back)
c) she then said something like "I don't have time for people who have nothing to say".

Essence is gone (not that I care), no new items in my inventory. She wouldn't accept any other item I tried giving her (she just handed them back).

Is this a clue? Anyone care to try any of the other animists in this fashion?

Gromk

Moss snake what race are you ingame? Could be race related /shrug. But in the storyline at the moment these Elders are on their way to Muata, not like that means anything to the game but, in the real world that turn in shouldnt fit.