Main Menu

Pet push

Started by Jagze, May 02, 2004, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timberghost

I'd just as soon not have pets on a raid that aren't from a pet class.

We generally don't allow Necro Army, because it drives the Tank Mezzers and Chanters nuts figuring out which were the real mobs.

For the others, the swarm pets and the stupid melee pets, I'd just as soon not have them used on raids either cause you can see the dang mob being blocked downfield like the whole packers line is pushing em.  But of course I have to sell that to the guild officers, who like their new toys too grrrr.

Other than soloing, I've never really seen the point in chanter pets either.  They seem to have a lot of push compared to ours.  Nothing scientific, but that's how it looks.  Has anyone else noticed that?

I'd love to see the raid pets left with just beasties, magicians and necros, the classes where pets are what they do every day.  Even the Necro regular pets aren't bad, it's the dang army that gives us headaches.  But, heh, I can just feel the hate mail coming from the other classes if you say that too loudly.

Kanan

If i ever see a chanter pet up, I start commenting on it to them, asking them if chanters get pet hold (I know the answer is no), and then telling em to kill it if they can't control it, which none has ever had the stupidity to argue that they can control em, w/o the hold AAs.

The only other pets I see around nowadays are just the familiars, and those.. meh... they just take up space, but don't hit anything ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Jili

I wish Coprolith was still around to parse push, I would like to have evidence whether a non shrunk pet pushes more then a shrunk pet. Some pally told me that once upon a time and I swallowed it without requesting parsing and charts for evidence  :|

Timberghost

I never noticed a difference shrunk vs non shrunk other than the obvious, you can see the mob over a shrunk pet and waaayyy back when they used to path a whole lot better after being shrunk.  LOL I had to get the summon companion gloves just to find my dang pet in the old days cause he'd get confused around trees, and caves were terrible.  I did crystal caves and my pet never did find me.  Just kept jumping off the same cliff over and over.

Sorry about the derail.  I've never noticed a difference in pet push shrunk vs not.  My pet is always shrunk in raids, and may or may not be in casual groups depending on how lazy I feel.