Main Menu

SUmmoner Boon Focus Effect

Started by Deaddragoxo, January 03, 2004, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larzzus

I got my pet aug last night - woohoo!

While waiting for a LDoN Adv to start up I went to Everfrost and found a spare IG.  Unfortunately these guys are now green to me, but I kept reading about the regen with DPoC so I thought I'd give it a go.

Hasted pet and didn't bother slowing the IG.  Well, after a couple of IGs, I got rid of the pet as I couldn't click off her haste for some reason.  Basically with haste on my warder, she was killing the IG too fast to be hit enough for me to check out the double regen.

I created a new pet without hasting, didn't slow IG and it got her to about 40pc before it started walker, lol.

I can confirm that the pet (ikky warder) does regen 6% unbuffed per tick.  I couldn't believe it and it just looks so good when you're pet is regenning 250 - 300 per tick. 0.1 - full health in 1.6 mins has got to be good.

Went into a LDoN and no more heals between enrages for this pet now.  It does make her tanking ability better as the additional hp per tick allows for extra time which is invaluable if you have a couple of fizzles on the heal.

Well worth 760 points regardless of what style you play I'd say.

Larzzus
Larzzus - 65 Feral Lord on The Nameless
Spirit Callers

Kilantiz Kylong

Quote from: Ukator IcebloodCan't help you with the Time focus question:)

Also there is the focus from LDON Time raid, think Kilantz has one.

Yes, I currently use the "Cherished Companion Shard" that is a drop from an Ldon raid.

Ritual Summoning - was stated by SOE to have received an increase in Damage output, last patch.

However -  there is NO additional damage increase that I have noticed from the my recent warder parsings.

My guess is that "Ritual Summoning" is still broken - at least for beastlord.

My warders max hit still remains 86.

Click here to view all current available beastlord pet focus items.
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

Phurbi

Huge difference in the pet.  Change my playstyle?  Probably not much really as I never solo.  The dog already tanked better than me with a virtue, now he's a much better tank than me.

Well worth 760 points if you're looking at the LDoN augment.
Phurbi - Feral Lord
Ten out of ten people die, so don't take life too seriously.

Mahes

The Time focus does have comparable regen to the DPoC.  Also there's a large dps increase in the Time focus vs. DPoC.

I did some parsing that was posted on the old forum and included DPoC pre and post patch.  When I get home this evening I'll repost it here or in the Pet Focus thread linked above.

Sadly, I'll likely not see the CCS due to lack of guild interest in challenging themselves.  :P  So I can't compare that focus on the same parse mob, but I think there's someone else here who will be able to soon.

Logato

Hmm, I just made lvl 64 and have all my 64 and less spells and my warder isn't hitting for 86. What am I doing wrong. I do have the NRO ldon pet aug.

CillianFV

It will only hit for 86 if you have the LDoN Time raid focus aug called "Cherished Companion Shard".  With the augment you have your pet should be max hitting for 79.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Tastian

1)  Purchased in Nro camp (tak adventures) for 760 points

2)  Pet's regen for me is 6% a tick unbuffed

3)  Not only does the pets MAX hit change from 77 to 79, but there is a shift in damage on almost ALL hits. Min hit stays same though.

4)  How useful it is will really depend how you play.  Having pet hold and being able to pet mez with his regen is nice.  Having him eat all HT's or even just leaving him behind to finish off a mob well you get next is decent.  

I personally miss the change in graphic, and certainly wouldn't have got the pet focus first if I had it to do all over again, but I'm glad I've it and I'm certain it's more useful to others than it is to me.  Also I believe the focus will make the level 60 pet, well level 60 hehe.  Just remember that putting the augment on an item will make that item recomended 65 or whatever, so putting it on a weapon at 60 could result in you losing dmg/stats on the item.

Zanai

can i point out they finally stopped the pet kicking when focused like it used to and dps since a few patches ago has increased didnt used to be that much of an increase in dps.

Fra as my old parses could see hp added was around 350 regen was double 2-4% need to do some need parses and see what dps increase is like
Primalist Zanai 70 Wildblood - Mortalis - Venril Sathir
Duke Weephil Muffinmann 65 Archon - Dragons Passion -Cazic Thule

Xuthaz

With DPoC my Pet regens twice every tick, once for 6% and once for 3%, for a total of 9% per tick (6 seconds).  first portion of regen comes at 4 seconds and last comes 2 seconds later at the 6 second mark.

PCs regen the same way btw, when they have regen gear on.
Elder Xuthaz Everhate
- Iksar Feral Lord -

Scalewulf

I think people that are seeing odd numbers on regen (while pet is prone), like 6+3 and/or 10...  are dealing with some sort of lag.  Either client or server side.  

Go someplace solo that gives decent exp and isn't packed with players.  Make sure you have a good connection and let pet go to work.  

After battle, watch pets health.  

I do this often and have zero packet loss for the most part and pet (without hp-buffs) regens 6 per tick.  

Maybe it's still bugged, maybe people with different races see different results.  ??!?

8)

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: XuthazWith DPoC my Pet regens twice every tick, once for 6% and once for 3%, for a total of 9% per tick (6 seconds).  first portion of regen comes at 4 seconds and last comes 2 seconds later at the 6 second mark.

PCs regen the same way btw, when they have regen gear on.

I've only ever seen 6% every 6 seconds on the DPoC'd warder.  Sure you didn't pul some kind of regen on it?  When grouped with my druid pal, she usually gives my warder regen and it sure seems to accelerate its regen over time though I've never actually checked every second to see the amount ...

I dunno where you get your 4/2 seconds stuff  for our regen - it seems to be different every time I play .. often enough I don't see the staggered regen at all because they land at the same time.

Shazhad

Hiya, new here, but I had a question concerning DPoC.

I recently just got the aug and put it on my Ceramic Shield of Valor. I thought this may have been a mistake, because when I summoned my pet, I got no message saying, "Your Ceramic Shield of Valor glows" or some such emote. I was worried maybe I couldn't have 2 focus effects on an item. But as near as I can tell, my pet does get focused when summoned. Just wondering if anyone gets a message when summoning.

Tastian

Nope no message. It's still working though and you can easily verify by the higher max hit.  You might regret putting on shield if you get a new buff extention focus item, but for now that's all good.