Main Menu

Updated Pet Chart

Started by Iskandar, October 20, 2005, 05:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iskandar

I noticed the Pet Chart in the forums here hasn't been updated in a bit (since before the pet focii were upgraded a few months ago), so I took a little time while in the DoD Beta to gather some information to start a new one. It's still very rough, and will need a lot of input from the community to be complete. I've carried over some of the general info from the original chart, but broken it up to Unfocused and Focused for simplicity. Anything that is unconfirmed since the focii upgrade is indicated with a ? (the level of the warders, for example).

Please post any changes or updates for the chart when you are able! :-)

Unfocused Warders

Warder                
Pet Lvl        
Pet HP        
Damage           
Notes
Sharik (8 )          9        200  11 Bite /  7 Bash     Rare Double           
Khaliz (15)       16         400  20 Bite /  8 Bash     Doubles               
Keshuval (21)     22         650  27 Bite / 11 Bash     Very Rare Quad       
Herikol (30)      26         800  32 Bite / 12 Bash     -                     
Yekan (39)        31     ~1500?   40 Bite / 16 Bash     Rare Quad, Shields   
Kashek (46)       39       2100   49 Bite / 17 Bash     Quads                 
Omakin (54)       41     ~2350    52 bite / 20 Bash     -                     
Zehkes (56)       43       2530   55 bite / 21 Bash     -                     
Khurenz (58)      45       2720   62 Bite / 24 Bash     -                     
Khati Sha (60)    47       2940   68 Bite / 26 Bash     -                     
Arag (62)         60      ~3900   74 Bite / 28 Bash     Enrage               
Sorsha (64)       60      ~4100   77 Bite / 29 Bash     -                     
Alladnu (68)      62       ~5318   86 Bite / 30 Bash     High Regen (150/tick)
Rashara (70)      65      ~5700   91 Bite / 31 Bash     5-6%/tick Regen       

Focused Warders

Warder           
Focus   
Pet Lvl   
Pet HP        
 Damage               
Notes
Arag (62)        SB      61?   4475      76 Bite / 28 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Arag (62)        MoE     ?     5180      86 Bite / 30 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       

Sorsha (64)      SB      61?   4720      79 Bite / 29 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Sorsha (64)      MoDk    ?    4750      ? Bite / ? Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Sorsha (64)      MoE     63?   5440      86 Bite / 30 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Sorsha (64)      RS      64?   5735      88 Bite / 30 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Sorsha (64)      MoD     65    ?         77 Bite / 31 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Sorsha (64)      SoC     65    ?         77 Bite / 24 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       

Alladnu (68)     SB       63   ?            91 Bite / 31 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Alladnu (68)     MoDk   64   5642      94 Bite / 32 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Alladnu (68)     MoE     ?     6045      96 Bite / 32 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Alladnu (68)     RS      65?   6210      98 Bite / 32 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Alladnu (68)     MoD    65    ?       100 Bite / 32 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Alladnu (68)     SoC    66    ?       101 Bite / 33 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       

Rashara (70)     MoDk   66    6000       ? Bite /  ? Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Rashara (70)     MoE     65?   6400      99 Bite / 33 Bash       5-6%/tick Regen       
Rashara (70)     RS      ?     6480    101 Bite / 33 Bash        5-6%/tick Regen       
Rashara (70)     MoD     67     ?      103 Bite / 33 Bash        5-6%/tick Regen       
Rashara (70)     SoC     68      ~6900     104 Bite / 34 Bash        5-6%/tick Regen       
Rashara (70)     SS      68      ~7200   112 Bite /  ? Bash        5-6%/tick Regen       

Unconfirmed Focus Reports

Warder           
Focus   
Pet Lvl   
Pet HP        
 Damage               
Notes
*Khati Sha (60)  SB      47?   3500?     70 Bite / 27? Bash      High Regen           

*Sorsha (64)     MoDk    ?     ?         77 Bite / 29 Bash       -                     
*Sorsha (64)     MoD     65?   5775      91 Bite / 32? Bash      -                     

SB.......Summoner's Boon
MoDk...Minion of Darkness
MoE.....Minion of Eternity
RS.......Ritual Summoning
MoD.....Minion of Discord
SoC......Servant of Chaos
SS........Spire Servant

Special Warder Abilities

Shielding:

All of the warders from level 39 and up have the level 30 Warrior ability of /shield, which allows the warder to absorb *some* damage that would otherwise go to you (for example: instead of taking 100 damage, you take 50 and the warder takes 50 (or more)).

Warder's DO NOT use /shield often -- in fact, it's quite a rare occurence. In general, you need to be under 30-40% life -- but they dont always use the ability when you drop low (it's a random chance). You also need to stand -RIGHT- next to your pet -- not having the pet behind the mob melee'ing (this is often a reason why Beastlords rarely, if ever, see this ability work).

Enrage:

Enrage is triggered when the warder drops to about 10% life left. When Enraged, the pet riposte's ALL attacks made from the FRONT arc (if the warder is being attacked by many mob's, it can't riposte attacks from behind). Enrage lasts about 12 seconds, then the pet can be hit normally. Enrage also has a long "recast" time -- but if you can suspend your pet, unsuspending it will reset enrage timer.

High Regen:

A focused warder will regenerate health at a much higher rate while not in attack mode. A 5-6% regen rate seems standard for all focused warders. An unfocused Alladnu and Rashara warder have also been reported to have higher natural sitting regen than the lower level warders.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Iskandar

A quick word about my methodology....

All warders were completely 100% unbuffed at all times, so the max hit/bash numbers are accurate for the base warder. Spells such as Growl, Leopard and Panther will modify the max hit/bash accordingly. When submitting new information, please make sure the warder is completely unbuffed to ensure accuracy! :-)

To determine the hit points of the warders, I took advantage of the parsing bots in the Arena on the Beta server. My warder would engage, the Betabot would beat him down a bit, then I would put the Betabot on hold. My warder would continue to attack to keep sitting regen from kicking in. I would then cast a standard player heal, aiming for one that did close to a round number (most were done with 1491 and 1088 pt heals). I would keep track of what percent of the warder's health was healed for what amount, and then use a little Algebra to figure out the total hit points (yes, our High School math teachers were actually right!). I did each test roughly 20 times. In some cases, variations would occur of 1%+/-, so I would increase the test set and average the two results -- these results are indicated by a tilde (ie, ~5000).

A quick example... if 1000 hp = 20% of the warder's health, then 1000=20% * X ... 1000=20/100 * X/1 ... 100,000=20X ... 100,000/20=X ... 5000=X -- so, in this example, the warder has a total of 5000 hp. I'm still amazed I remember how to do that! :lol:

I am not 100% certain this method is completely accurate, however... the reason I say this is because many of my hp numbers are coming up much lower than the ones in the original pet chart, which is the opposite of what I would expect since the focii were shifted down a level. If someone can confirm or deny these numbers, it would be most helpful!

I was unable to determine the pet levels since only one of my accounts was in Beta... and oddly enough, most of the folks on Beta seem to come in levels divisible by 5... go figure :-D

I had a limited number of focii available at the time as well, and to ensure accuracy between new warder information and the pre-focii upgrade information, I have omitted anything that I have not confirmed directly. Some reports were posted after the focii upgrade, and I have included them in a separate section until they can be confirmed. I have a Servant of Chaos focus now, but just haven't had a chance to do a naked warder test run with it yet.

Finally, for the abilities of non-focused warders, I only indicate the level at which they begin to display that ability. All warders after this level will continue to have the ability. (ie, Quads begin with Kashek at 46, and continue down the line through Rashara).

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Gragamale

Just did some checks with Spirt of Alladnu.
with Summoner's Boon
lvl 63 pet
max hit 91
max bash 31

with Minion of Darkness
lvl 64
max hit 94
max bash 32

really not sure on hps
kitty was attack green mobs in Dranik's scar unbuffed, just checking lvl and max hit damage
Gragamale

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=786671

Iskandar

Updated with a few general Servant of Chaos warders and Gragamale's updates :)

Stumps_Bertox

jeez, MoE and RS pet are that close in HP? no real reason to wake up at 5 am to check goats I guess.........
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Nusa

If you want a check on pet HP, I have a completely different method:

Find your nearest Nexus Scion (yeah, nobody uses em anymore, but they're still there). Create the pet you want to check, stand just out of melee range, and have your pet attack the Scion, who typically 2-rounds it. Add up how much damage it took to kill the pet. Repeat until you bracket the pet HP. If you run enough trials, your precision should be better than the 1% resolution of the pet health bar.

Iskandar

oo, thanks Nusa, that's a good idea :-) I hadn't thought about using them for that. I'll have to set aside some time this week to give that a go :-)

Iskandar

Goradana

If the pet dies in 2 rounds, were talking 1k+ hits. Wich means the pet can have 50hp left when he scores a 1200 hit and your numbers will be 1150 wrong.
U could also duel the pet and have the killer parse, but that would make the regen mess the numbers it to much since they regen oretty fast.
The healing method is easy and accurate, just use more then one heal.

The lvl 70 pet with minion of darkness is lvl 66.

Nusa

It's only wrong if you make it wrong by not evaluating your data. Each trial gives you a result that says, "The pet has at least X hitpoints, but at most  X+lasthit hitpoints." After you've killed a few pets, your least and most numbers using your collective results get closer together. Kill a few more, and they're closer yet. Kill enough, and you could narrow it down to a few hp if you really wanted.

Pet regen applies regardless of the method you use to test. The longer the test takes, the more it tweaks the results.

hakaaba

68 pet unfocused is level 62.
70 pet unfocused is level 65.

Ive got a bunch of foci available so ill post the combinations i can do soon (tm)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Sariss Bloodscale

68 pet with the RS focus from Qvic boots has a max hit of 101.  Being a dumbass, I didn't note the max bash, but I'm positive about the max hit.

hakaaba

got a bunch:

70 pet, servant of chaos focus: level 68, max hit: 104/34, ~6800 hp
68 pet, servant of chaos focus: level 66, max hit: 101/33
64 pet, servant of chaos focus: level 65, max hit: 77/24  (bugged?)

70 pet, minion of discord focus: level 67, max hit: 103/33
68 pet, minion of discord focus: level 65, max hit: 100/32
64 pet, minion of discord focus: level 65, max hit: 91/31

Only hp data i tried for was on the 70 pet with SoC.  Its too much of a pita to gather more heh.  But that one enraged at 1% after taking 6776 damage from the scion.

EDIT: wtf? the 68 pet actually hits harder with the inferior focus, ritual summoning, than minion of discord rofl.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Dancolen

No growl/growl

70 pet focused MoD - 97/100
70 pet unfocused - 91/94

68 pet focused MoD - 94/97
68 pet unfocused - 86/89

64 pet focused MoD - 77/80
64 pet unfocused - 77/80

Guildie asked me to do a pet chart for him... gonna poke him here... heres info if its useful

SoChaos is probably just not picking up pets below level 65 or 66... like MoDarkness.
As to why MoDiscord or RS are... Im not sure.

Dummkopf

Just tried the Nexus Scion thing to check out my Spire Servant focused pet, sadly after around 20 tries he managed to damage the scion so he went into summoning mode....

Anyway, unbuffed hp for level 70 pet focused with spire servant is ~14000 and max hit unbuffed is 108, with growl 112. Now off to get my corpse back.