Main Menu

Updated Pet Chart

Started by Iskandar, October 20, 2005, 05:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dummkopf

As Tastian said, it is a one time check. I use the SoAS to shrink my warder as well (its in the last backpack with other clickies) so there should be no difference.

Al quaida zombies do 12k, if you have several dieing close after each other or together with some of the other zombies you can easily loose a pet (and a lot of players), i just suggest to keep track of how much in percentage a heal for a certain amount does, easy to calculate the rough amount of hp the pet has at that moment, of course there is the error due to the fact that you only see full percentages.

Tastian

"and the pets max hit is the most important since that is the most common for a pet to hit for, but just looking at max hit isn't the only factor when determining how much dmg the pet focus effect added."

Currently the max hit is for all focuses I've parsed and as a general rule for pets and that's what I said.  However, some of the gains do come from other changes (hit range, distribution, etc).  It would be possible to have a pet focus that didn't change the pets max hit at all and still granted a sizeable dps boost(kinda like how PCs work in most cases).  Kinda doubt it'd be done that way, so parses as usual is the only way to get a really clear idea of what the focus is doing.

Tastian

Ran some tests using your method isk on SoC level 70 warder.  Using a 448 point heal numbers came out to being ~6900hp.  Just seems like spire is a crazy high boost to HPs.  Re-checked a couple lower level focuses as well(god I'm a packrat), but nothing seemed out of place.  If you need any specific data I think I've got everything but SS atm lol.

Dummkopf

Well, i had a very few tries against a nexus scion again, lowest damage taken on my pet was around 13.9, highest a bit over 15k. Me and my warders were allways unbuffed of course. Unfortunately the scion decided very fast that she liked me a lot and went into summoning mode so i wasnt able to run many tries, those that i could fit in are in this log. Feel free to use it, if i find the the time (and the motivation) i could probably do a few more runs.

Essant

Thanks for trying DK .. I dont know what to do now other than try to contact a dev.  Best I got like I said was under 9K.  Not a happy kitty.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Tastian

That is just an insane HP disparity.  Ess, could you try just sending your freshly summoned (focused) warder into a mob in whatever zone and then putting them on hold after they've taken 50% or so damage.  Then drop some greater heals on them or whatever and see how much the heal lands for and how big a % that is? 

Essant

Tas, thats what I was doing on the Nexus Scion.  I'm convinced we have a bug, please check it out with the devs.  I've been speaking with the other beastlords about this.  DK did his other tests, his convinced its still 14K.  Think Oiingo said the same thing too.  Spoke with one other VS beastlord who had the foci cross server and hes seeing the same results I am.  I have reason to believe that its bugged, and that its not benefitting Tiger warders as well as it is Wolf and Bear warders, and maybe others.  I *hope* that the bug is affecting me, and when fixed will yield me a 14K pet, but appoligies in advance if the bug is on other races and they actually get nerfed to closer to 9K.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Tastian

I'm going to try getting this looked at soon.  Would you please post the rough number you are seeing for hp ess?  I'll see if I can get some tests done with a couple different warders in case that is the issue somehow. 

Essant

Sure Tas, gimme a couple days to get another sample written down
Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Tastian

Did some tests with spire using Gheal again(448 base, 896 crit).  Basically the heal would always be either 4 or 5% of the unbuffed warders hps.  A crit was usually 9%, but most of the time it'd be 4%, 4%, 5%, 4%, 4%, 5%, etc. 

5% ~ 8960hps  That's too low though since heal lands for 4% more times than 5%

4% ~ 11,200hps  That's too high because the heal lands for 5% some of the time.

Even 8960 would be a big boost compared to SoC hps(about 2k), but 11.2k  still falls very short of the 14k(ish) dumm is seeing.  Anyone else with the focus that can run some tests?  Have to make sure the natural regen of the warder doesn't come into effect.  Either throw it at a mob and let it get blazed all the way down, or have a mob beat your warder down, step in to tank so it stops taking damage, and then heal them with Gheal or whatever.  Record how much the heal lands for, and what % that is for the warder.  Few tests is all it should take because unless something is wrong in the test the results normalize very quickly.  *shrugs*

sunkash

curious why you use such small heals for testing? Been  a while since I've tested mine, but I "at least thought I did" have pretty good luck getting it down to within a few hundred HP's going the other way.

for example "and simplicity", say you think your pet is exactly 10k, let it get down to 10-20% health ( 100-200 HPS ), hit it with your pet heal.
Of course better heal if ya got it, from another class, just so you dont hit 100% . Lets say you used a druid or cleric,etc that had a 4250 heal, crit for 8500. ( again not that they have this exact heal, just for simplicity.)
10% + 8500 crit heal = 95% health, then you're dead on; if its a few percent one way or the other, still you can tell almost exactly what their HP is. Hit 100% ever, you know its HP is less than that, never get to 95 pet has more than that 10k. after several heals you should be very close to actual.
with the heal your using now, you're only accurate to 1135HP; ( 11200 - 8960 ) /2
of course 10% is a bit risky, why I suggested using druid or cleric heal, if they fizzle, you still got a chance to pet lay hands heal, or pull that 2nd pet outta yer pocket. the largest percentage heal you can do, and not hit 100%, should give you the best accuracy... well either that or I'm all wet, which wouldn't be the first time.

Tastian

"curious why you use such small heals for testing?"

I used such small heals because of what I was testing and how quickly it let me get at the data I needed.  By using the smaller heals I was able to get 3-8 "tests" per engage with my warder.  Since I wasn't looking for the exact hps of the warder, but rather to test the bounds in regards to ess/dumm's discussion it sufficed nicely for what I was after without taking heaps of time I don't have.

Since I'm anal and all though I've now gone back and run more tests.  One thing to keep in mind is that we are dealing with the % display from the UI which is very innaccurate to begin with.  For example, in one test the warder showed at 99% hps, but got healed for a whopping 13.  Obviously the warder has more than 1300 hps though.  Also because of the large number of hps we are dealing with within each % we can easily see gaps in the calcs based upon them. 

Data is in the form of:  %healed  -  Amount of heal  -  Estimated hps

6%  -  566  ~9,433
6%  -  604  ~10,066

7%  -  667  ~9,528
7%  -  674  ~9,628
7%  -  705  ~10,071

8%  -  738  ~9,225
8%  -  775  ~9,687
8%  -  805  ~10,062
8%  -  827  ~10,337

9%  -  839  ~9322
9%  -  906  ~10,066
9%  -  917  ~10,188

10%  -  954  ~9,540
10%  -  1,018  ~10,180
10%  -  1,020  ~10,200
10%  -  1,021  ~10,210

Max max-  10,337(8% test)
Min max-  10,066(6% test)

Looking at the last 8% test and first 9% test we see that the max number from the 8% test was at most 12 away from becoming 9%, so is very close to the upper bounds.

Either way though the numbers are still:

1)  A very nice boost over SoC hp-wise
2)  No where near what dumm has reported

Soon as I get some more info from people we'll see if we can nail it down.  At this point though it seems like dumm just has a super warder.  8(  Should we try getting him nerfed or just let it go?  lol

Tardar

It's been rumored the Dumm has been grouping lately with Barry Bonds.

The book being released soon, detailing the actions of the aforementioned, I have heard has an entire chapter discussing allegations that Dumm's Warder was seen shooting up Barry Bonds in the butt. I think it's fair to assume Dumm's Warder might have siphoned off a bit for himself. 

I think for the sake of the game, Dumm's Warder should be subject to random steroid tests.

Stumps_Bertox

Just got SS belt the other night so wasnt able to do much testing, but as of todays patch  (06/28/06) the SS focused pet has ~7200hp unbuffed, hits for 112. Kinda disappointed. I nuked warder down to 1% with my druid, then crit healed pet for 7186 to test.
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Skanda

Spirit of Uluanes pet hp parse. I did this against the Nexus Scion in Gfay using the new Healing of Uluanes. Neither pet had any buffs on it while I tested.

Unfocused
%healed    -    Amount of Heal    -    Estimated hps
    52%                     4404                        8469
    52%                     4432                        8523
    54%                     4605                        8527
    57%                     4841                        8492
    58%                     4975                        8577
    61%                     5177                        8486
    61%                     5244                        8596
    66%                     5582                        8457

The unfocused level 73 pet appears to have ~8500 hit points

Focused with SoC
%healed    -    Amount of Heal    -    Estimated hps
    41%                     4303                        10,495
    42%                     4404                        10,485
    45%                     4673                        10,384
    46%                     4841                        10,523
    47%                     4874                        10,370
    47%                     4908                        10,442
    51%                     5412                        10,611
  *83%                     8700                        10,481 (Critted this but only 8700 landed)

The SoC focused Uluanes pet appears to have ~10,500 hit points