Main Menu

Minion of Darkness working?

Started by rochard, December 08, 2006, 03:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rochard

Last night I was able to get the Enchanted Harpy Blade http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemswithe...tml?id=4407 which has the spell Minion of Darkness. When I equipped it on my 63 Beastlord and summoned a new warder he still only hits for max of 74, just like before equpping blade. Shouldn't he hit for more now? Is this really working?

Kroshx

According to Lucy, the 62 beast-pet spell, Spirit of Arag, summons a pet at level 49. Minion of Darkness only works on pets above level 59. So, you'll have to wait a while longer before the focus will start working.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

rochard

That could be it but I think Lucy is wrong here.  My pet is dark blue to me at lvl 62 so he can be below 57.  he may not be 60 however but the pet guide on this site list the 62 pet at 60.

Gunzak

Yeah the level 62 pet spell summons a level 60 warder.  MoD is min level 59 and max level 75 so it should be working fine.  If its not you should bug the item in game and post it to the eqlive forums as it might not be working correctly.  Lucy must be wrong cause the pet is not level 49.  Lucy even says the level 64 pet spell only summons a level 51 warder which I know for a fact is level 60.  I am using the 64 pet spell and it conned even to my level 60 Druid while he was leveling up.

Sanois

I am a 66 beast using the 64 pet spell spirit of sorsha.  My pet was dark blue at 65 and turned light blue at 66 which means the 64 pet is level 60.  I dont know about the 62 pet...

Polanski

doesn't the max/min levels on lucy apply to the level of the spell itself and not the pet's actual level?

MoD was created in luclin afterall (VT gloves) and level 60 pets didn't come till pop, so are you saying they never worked until the pop pets rolled out?
Polanski the Butterscotch Golem
Elephi the Plaid Elephant
Felde the Purple Gorilla
Vivie the Yummy Gummy Gnome
Taie the Gingerbread General
Khallus the Cookie Commissioner

Royal Order of Candy
Fennin Ro

Kroshx

Quote from: Gunzak on December 08, 2006, 07:19:06 PM
Yeah the level 62 pet spell summons a level 60 warder. I am using the 64 pet spell and it conned even to my level 60 Druid while he was leveling up.

Maybe a typo on your part. Both the 62 and 64 spell summoning a level 60 pet?

Pet Focues confuse me, nurr.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Gunzak

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly.  The level 62 and level 64 spells each summon a level 60 warder.  I didn't mean a level 64 pet just the level 64 spell.

Nimbu

I also acquired a harpy blade for my level 59 (at the time) character. It didn't do anything with the L60 pet and it's not doing anything for the L62 pet either.

I've poked around and to summarise:

• A pet focus item will work on spells between the listed level on Lucy. They work on the level of the spell to be cast, not the level of the pet summoned. Note that the Mage epic spell, manifest elements, is flagged as MAG/59 for this reason.
  • Assuming the spell falls within the limits above, a database lookup is performed to create an appropriate pet. If there's no database entry nothing happens - you just get the normal, unfocused pet. Some of the database entries contain small upgrades whereas others make substantial changes (eg the Mage epic pet gains enrage despite only being boosted from L49 to L50).
  • When PoP was being created, the summoned pets were to be low level, as those that came before. Shamans would summon a L42 wolf (changed to L58 on release), while the two beastlord warders were to be L49 and L51 (both ended up as level 60 instead.)
  • Until TSS, beastlords couldn't obtain Minion of Darkness until L65 (the exception being that the Discord merchant on Zek sells a clone of the VT gloves, recommended level 65. It's not widely available on live servers.) Related to that, there are no database entries for Spirit of Khati Sha and Spirit of Arag with Minion of Discord, but there are for Summoner's Boon, which is widely available and attainable below L65.
So, to sum up - I assume they didn't bother creating templates for Minion of Darkness as only a vanishingly small number of beastlords would attain it before level 65. That's all changed now thanks to the harpy blade - with luck they'll add appropriate pets to the database...

Kanan

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Polanski

does anyone have the summoner's boon LDON aug to compare to MoD?

because if summoner's boon and MoD both don't increase max hit, I'd wager that the foci is working but it just doesnt affect max hit in this case. However, if summoners boon is increasing max hit and MoD is not then there probably is something missing in the database.

and before someone says it summoners boon does infact raise max hit on some pets.
Polanski the Butterscotch Golem
Elephi the Plaid Elephant
Felde the Purple Gorilla
Vivie the Yummy Gummy Gnome
Taie the Gingerbread General
Khallus the Cookie Commissioner

Royal Order of Candy
Fennin Ro

hakaaba

during luclin, pets were the level appropriate to their power.  Since pop, pet levels are unrelated to their power, just to let them actually be able to land procs and such since high level pets ended up being green to everything you'd be fighting.  But since then, the numbers that show up under the focus have been unrelated to the pet level.

And like nim said: They work on the level of the spell to be cast, not the level of the pet summoned.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

rochard

Any ideas on how to get Sony to fix this? I have filed a bug report and posted on their website with no response. 

Taiglin

One piece of info coming out of TSS is how pets are actually stored in the database; they live as full versions. What happens then is you cast your spell, the game checks your worn foci and brings out the appropriate pet. What doesn't happen is something along the lines of a base level pet being summoned and then a scaling affect being applied say along the lines of nuke damage/focus. Since this has to be done by hand it is the reason pet classes (mages especially) only get one pet spell per pet vs Rk I, II and III. Otherwise you would have to hand carve (# of pet spell ranks * number of foci in the game) number of pets. One reference. Might want to jump back a page or two in the thread to give it a bit more context /shrug

All that to say it doesn't sound like there is a database entry for this focus at that level. Should it be fixed? Sure. Will it get dev desk time? Anyone's guess. Do an in game /feedback and/or post something on the vet boards.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Vidyne

Quote from: Polanski on December 11, 2006, 09:46:00 PM
does anyone have the summoner's boon LDON aug to compare to MoD?

because if summoner's boon and MoD both don't increase max hit, I'd wager that the foci is working but it just doesnt affect max hit in this case. However, if summoners boon is increasing max hit and MoD is not then there probably is something missing in the database.

and before someone says it summoners boon does infact raise max hit on some pets.

I remember summoner's boon affecting the 62 and 64 pet, respectively.  100% sure it affected them because pet "super regen" came with summoner's boon, and my pet was able to survive alot more and cost less mana because of it once I bought the LDoN focus.

I am 95% sure it changed the max hit.  Whether that has changed since then, I am not sure.. but 62 and 64 were both focused in the LDoN era threw the DoN era when I got minion of darkness...  and then i got minion of eternity from primals, and then ritual summoning from Battlemaster ring.
I can go buy the LDoN pet aug, and test them out and post if anyone wants... /shrug...  just got to find some piece of old gear to put it in...
I still have my MoDark and MoEternity focuses as well.

Focus   None   SB   MoD   MoE   RS
Khurenz  62   62   62   62   62
Khati Sha   68   70   68   68   68
Arag   74   76   74   86   86
Sorsha   77   79   77   86   88
Allandu   86   91   94   96   98
Rashara   91   92   97   99   101
Uluanes   108   108   115   118   121

Hrm  tables dont really work well here.  These were with no growl of the beast(or other damage enhancing buff)

ok it works now.

FocusNoneSBMoDMoERSUnfocused Regen
Khurenz626262626210%
Khati Sha687068686810%
Arag747674868610%
Sorsha777977868610%
Allandu869194969822%
Rashara9192979910120%
Uluanes10810811511812115%

Regen is per tick, unfocused, no buffs.  The pet has to not be highest on any aggro list to regen.. this means you can stand in after pet has tanked a bit and pet hold, and the regen WILL kick in.
No buffs were used aside from Arag's celerity on some of the lower pets.... just so they would hit more than once per century.
Testing was done in PoInnovation on regular zone mobs.
75 beastlord 1394aa
LDoN summoner's boon aug
DoN Minion of Darkness range item
GoD Primals Minion of Eternity Ring
OoW Battlemaster Rhorius Ritual Summoning Ring