Main Menu

Minion of Darkness working?

Started by rochard, December 08, 2006, 03:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekokirei

erm, so, is it a reasonable presumption that MoD off the EHB works for summoning SoAllundu?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Helspawn

hakaaba

You should note, (when they "upgraded" pet foci) that the devs implied some foci contain bonuses that aren't strictly max hit/hp.  However, the devs seem to have delusions that attack actually does something.  This applies to PCs of course, but even worse for pets, where fero has been shown to have negligible benefits.

But some of those foci might just be atk bonuses.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

rochard

Well I hit Level 64 and got my new pet and you guessed it no increase in anything measurable.  Max damage 77 with or without the Enchanted Harpy Blade.  Level does not increase.  I cant tell any differance.  Necros have said it works for them.  It seems we got shafted and dev dont answer post here or on the SOE boards.  Also no response to bug reports. 

Illinther Sarantiel

As already stated, there seems to be no data for the lvl 62 and 64 spell summoned pets for Minion of Darkness. Summoner's Boon does, however. Penalty SOE pays for being lazy in the beginning and having to create a different pet for every spell/focus combination that exists. They just haven't ever corrected the issue.
Wildcaller Illinther Sarantiel
(aka the Kitty Blender and the InsomniaKitty)
75 Vah Shir Wildblood of 622 AA's
Member of Keepers of the Elements
Luclin Server

maxawesome

I want to post my experiences with this.

I have a 71 barb bst on Antonius Bayle, and have the Orb of Swarming Darkness from DoN merchants, with Minion of Darkness focus effect.

Previously, I ALWAYS got a message when I cast my pet and equipped this item, and my pets ALWAYS had improved HP, regen, and max hit.

I haven't played her seriously in months, and have instead rolled up a vah shir bst on Firiona Vie who is now 61. Now, I have obtained the Sphere of Swirling Flame on this char which also has the Minion of Darkness focus effect. In anticipation of level 62, when our pet is level 60 and *should* by rights be affected by pet summoning foci, I logged my 71 bst to test and make sure that Minion of Darkness effect works for the lvl 62 pet.

On my testing, I discovered that Minion of Darkness is BROKEN for beastlord pets from Arag (the first one that should be focus-able) on up to Alladnu (the 68 pet, the last one I got before retiring my 71 bst).

Now, I also have a 62 mage on The Tribunal, and he has the Enchanted Harpy Blade, which has the Minion of Darkness focus effect as well. I have let that account expire, and haven't played him in probably 2-3 weeks, but before I let the account expire, the EHB's Minion of Darkness effect DID work for both his epic pet and the 61 and 62 summoned pets. I tested all of them. It increased their level, hp, and max hit.

SO. My only conclusion from this is that either a) Minion of Darkness is broken, pure and simple, as I cannot confirm nor deny that it still works for my mage, or b) Minion of Darkness (and perhaps other pet focii) are broken for Beastlords.

Either way, this is something SOE needs to fix.

The only other oddity is that when I search for our pet spells on Lucy, it only lists 1 focus item, which is one with Ritual Summoning effect. And even stranger is that it doesn't list ALL the items that have Ritual Summoning as affecting our pet spells, just THAT one in particular.

I have a deep suspicion that Pet Focus items are broken for Beastlords in general.

Now, how do we get SOE to listen and investigate the problem??

maxawesome

Can anyone confirm my findings?

Has anyone tested to see if Summoner's Boon is broken, and can anyone test to see if Ritual Summoning is working?

Thanks,

Iidun 71bst on AB
Cyberian 61bst on FV

Vidyne

Will see what I can test.

Darkness has never focused Arag or Sorsha to my knowledge, max hit wise, but did upgrade con level.

I can only really test max hit quickly...  HP and regen take longer, and con is sometimes hard to judge without non-75s to check.

Unbuffed/Growl of the Beast max hit.

Arag 74/76 Unfocused
Arag 76/79 SBoon
Arag 74/76 MoDarkness
Arag 86/89 Ritual Summoning
Sorsha 77/80 Unfocused
Sorsha 79/82 SBoon
Sorsha 77/80 MoDarkness
Sorsha 88/91 Ritual Summoning
Allandu 86/89 Unfocused
Allandu 91/94 SBoon
Allandu 94/97 MoDarkness
Allandu 98/101 Ritual Summoning

That help any Max?  Done today on Erollisi Marr server.

If my understanding of events are correct...
Minion of Eternity was the first focus available to beastlords, via plane of time.
Then came LDoN and its Summoner's Boon and also a raid drop of Ritual Summoning?
Then came GoD and we see Discord.
Then came Omens of War and now we finally see Darkness added along with Chaos.

Somewhere in there, on blue servers for a few days? and on PVP servers for longer,  Minion of Darkness went live in LDoN camps, I beleive, via a pair of gloves you could buy, that were beastlord usable.

So...... something like this?

Mages/Necros
Minion of Darkness - Luclin(Vex thal drop, MAG/NEC ONLY)
Minion of Eternity - Planes of Power
Summoner's Boon - LDoN
Ritual Summoning - LDoN
Minion of Discord - Gates of Discord
Servant of Chaos - Omens of War

Beastlords
Minion of Eternity - Planes of Power
Summoner's Boon - LDoN
Ritual Summoning - LDoN
Minion of Discord - Gates of Discord
Minion of Darkness - Omens of War
Servant of Chaos - Omens of War

So its not suprising that Darkness, which started as a raid only drop in Luclin for mag/nec ONLY, not usable by beastlords, and not attainable by beastlords until Omens of War, where Allandu and Rashara show up, would somehow not work with Planar pets.
Granted given its description it should, but we just got Darkness in Omens of War, and it'd be a lot of work to go back and fix Darkness for us on Sorsha and Arag I'm guessing.  As to why they haven't fixed it since Omens.. I'm not sure.

Spiritclaw

Because the only way to get it in OoW was to go to a zone that was 69 required to enter.  DoN gave it to us in a required 70 range slot item.  They never created the data tables for the pets because by the time you could use either of them, you weren't using the 64 or 62 pets.  Now that it is on tradable items that can be worn at 50 +, they should go in and add the pets that they have neglected
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

gorgera

MoD is definately not working on the lvl 64 warder but summoners boon is.  I purchased a Dead man's hair yesterday looking forward to an upgrade over summoners boon and all I got was a lower conning pet that hits for less damage.  I petitioned and got a working as intented message back from a gm.

This is bull do do.

Spiritclaw

Unfortunately this is not something a GM can fix.  This is something a Dev needs to research and input into a DB.  A pet focus just tells the computer where to pull the pet from, it does nothing else.  No pet was created for MoD 62/64 for warders.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

maxawesome

I think the GM response we were hoping for was "This is a known bug and is being looked into," as opposed to a digital brush-off.

Working as intended. WTF in this game is EVER working as intended???

/rant off

That aside, I suppose I am left with the option of forking over some cash for the SB aug from LDON (I'm on FV) or just level to 65 and use my ring with MoE.

Either way, it irritates me that this would work for other pet classes but not for us. Just seems.....intentional.