Main Menu

Run the collection relay.

Started by Pojodan, March 05, 2004, 02:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojodan

Had an interesting experience not that long ago with the epic.  A member of my guild's ally guild requested my assistance in gathering the drops for the final part of the epic.  I agreed to help though noted that even with me smacking stuff around it'd take much of a day to finish (Figuring 1-3 hours per item and an hour or so total travel time).  We both had time so we went to the Grey first.. a friendly druid ported us to Twilight so we where there in 10 minutes. 3 kills later, while we where still en route to the camp spot the Acryia chunk drops.
We run our way to The Deep next. 4th kill nets the padding.
Another quick jaunt to Maiden's Eye and within a couple minutes someone links one Gem as rotting near one of the other zone lines.  We grabed that then set at the Xis to get a second.. after about 6 kills we got it.

Total time was under 2 hours.

Anyone else had this kind of luck?  I know My Padding took 8 kills, Gems took 2 hours of constant pulling, and Acrylia took a bit over an hour of soloing at lvl 56.

Mindlet

I am not having much luck myself.

Padding took about 5-6 rounds of killing all shrooms to get it.

Went over 2 hours of not getting any gems till I got the first then about another hour to get the 2nd.

Spent a few hours in the grey haven't got the acrylia yet. Not going back there till I get 54 and new pet.

swamprat

I have started to do this to help out the some guildies with there epics. Got an Ore drop in the grey last night in about 20 mins before a guild raid on SSra.

I collected all of mine before I started the totems, because I didn't want to wait. Took about an hour in the Grey for my ore (before another SSra raid.) About 1 1/2 in ME for the gem drops and about 20 mins for the padding on another guild raid.
Swamprat and Croczilla
57 Beastlord on Xev, BBSCO
My Really Bad Gear

Kordeen

The padding took us about 15 minutes one early saturday morning. Myself (53 at the time) a 61 Ranger and 60 Pally. Fourth pizza-topper dropped it.

The Gem took a while. We killed and killed got one after an hour. The second came 2 minutes later from a /shout that one was rotting near the DSP zone line.

The Ore took about 15-30 minutes. I was accompanied by a fellow beastie that had just gotten his. He showed me how it was done and in about 20 minutes of fighting (figure 2-3 mins to get to /loc once in zone then buff and summon warders total of 30 minutes)

The hardest drop to actually get was the CMoW... That was so bugged I was about to put the key baord through the monitor... Now finding the Scouts up is fun...=/

Gariyn

Gems and padding under an hour total.

Ore about 4 sigh(.

:twisted:
Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

rawllef

Didn't get my epic until last month, total farming time was prolly about 12 hours. 2 hours in grey, 4 hours in deep, 6 hours in ME.

Ryion

The shrooms took several visits before we managed to get the padding.  The was the hardest part was dealing with all the adds since we weren't high enough level to single pull them.  Eventually we managed to get enough levels to finally handle them and got the padding.  The rest of the items were pretty easy in comparison.

RekcahMT

Seems I have been the opposite to most for collection.  The ore was 3rd stone beast, padding was 2nd shrieker, and gems were 4-5 hours on the 3rd time in ME.  I guess the Xi guys weren't filling the void. Just have Draz to take on now  :)
Rekcah - 58 - Beastlord - Morell-Thule

Dasquid

I had about the same luck as you. Went to Maiden's, headed to Umbral zoneline. Pulled the 2 Xi's there, Got first gem, Xin Thall Centien dropped Axegoreth's belt (grats me), next Xi we pulled dropped the second gem. The Deep, got padding on third shroom. The Grey took about half an hour, but in that time I got a lucid shard as well.

Torguran

I must say that the collection part of the epic was the most time consuming for me.  Took me several trips to ME to get the 2 gems, a couple hours for the padding to drop and after several attempts at Grey, still dont have the ore.  Once I collect the ore, just the final battle stands in my way! :)
Wildcaller Torguran - 70 Vah Shir
Proud member of **Prophets of the Myst**
Server formerly known as Torvonnilous

Torgy's Treasures

Zashir Swiftpaw

Heya Torg :-)

The Grey was my most difficult farming task.  The rest all dropped within a few hours each, but the Grey took me over a week of farming 3-4 hours per day before I managed to get the ore to drop.

kegulik

ME took me a while, but that's cause I could never talk my groups into killing the right mobs.  Once we did them, it didn't take long.

For the other two items, I ended up with two guild groups...so I figure through the sheer number of mobs killed, it'll be fast...2nd mob both times.

We went and raided after that, heh...took me two moe weeks to get the final two scouts.
Kegulik

Denrod

I had REAL good luck getting my items. Under one hour total. I swear they dropped off of the first mobs we attacked in the deep and ME. About the 3rd in the Grey (thats only because we got some aggro on the way to our camp spot). I thought for sure I was being watched! Took a small break to get some AA xp, then I have 3 battles left til I'm grooming my new claws!

-Kiarnaty Kerrath
-62 BL, Cazic Thule

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=787068">Kiarnaty Kerrath, 62 BL
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=123641"Denrod Stormmaker, 52 Druid
Cazic Thule

"Keyboard not connected -- press F1 to continue"
- actual BIOS error message

Rukais

QuoteFourth pizza-topper dropped it.

Lol.
~Rukais Greyclaws

Frehtyar

Got pretty lucky.  

ME took about 2 hrs of chain pulling, 65 cle, 65 monk, me (52 bst) 65 druid and 65 chanter bot, netted 2 gems.

The Deep took about 10 kills, tops 1/2 hr with me, same cleric and bot chanter.

The Grey (aside from bieng fun as heck) took prolly 45 mins, 65 Druid, 65 Shammy, 65 cleric, 65 bot chanter, and me.  Druid and I ran around, aggroing everything we could, and shammy chain slowed all that moved, heh, forgot I even had the chanter there most of the time.

That, and got 3 of the initial 6 scout fights in as well, so a productive day :)
Frehtyar

The Nameless