Main Menu

Tim Deep images

Started by Deaddragoxo, January 03, 2004, 07:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apawsia

Solo pulled all 6 by a level 65 enc using tas. We set up at th edge of the isle so respawn raptors charged us instead of attacking the images. With lvl 65 pulling, I would say aggro range is almost to the door of the ruin.

Areli Lionheart

Just got m'epic on Feb 21st.  We did both the TD and FG battles.

In regards to the TD battle, our plan was to have a level 65 Ranger pull the images to Chess Board Island (which is North of the Scout and Images).  We had a level 65 Wizard who cleared the island of Raptors, and sent in the Ranger.  "Incoming Image of Draz Nurrak!!!!.....Awww Nuts!!!" We started watching the health bar of the Ranger drop and quick..."I got all 6 on me!....They summon!!!"

Needless to say the Ranger needed a rez, we dealt with that and the level 62 Paladin went to check on things.  He managed to pull one to the Chess Board, which we tore into, but when he went back to pull a second one we got the tell "Everyone to me, Raptor agro'd the images".  We all took off to the Image Islandand set up shop to the right of the ruins where the images spawn.  Images made quick work of the raptor and return to the ruins where the Paladin was able to pull them one at a time, with the exception of the last one who agro'd on the Paladin who had gotten too close to the ruins during the fight with the 5th Image.

If I were to do it over again I would do the following:

Have someone clear the island of raptors (Wizard worked for us)

Have the Raid force setup to the right of the ruins where the images spawn (near the single Raptor spawn on the Scout island).  Pulling the Images to Chess Board was too much, although that is how the 2 other Beasties I talked to did it.

Have a 62+ Puller single pull the Images

Wipe out the Images with 1 group of 65s or 2+ groups of 50s (I had 2+ groups of 50s and 60s.  Overkill? Yes, but do you really wanna fail if things go bad?)

Areli Lionheart
Vah Shir Beastlord of the 55th Rank
Member of Chosen Spirit
Firiona Vie

Dakat

When I did it, I started on the south side of the hut at the waters edge. There are no static spawn raptors here. However one or 2 will roam by.  The raptors will attack the images but even 3 on 1 the image will prevail.  Let the image kill the roaming raptor.

Before the level change for exp happened, I was able to single pull the images myself at level 62.  With the new level change for exp it might be harder since lower level mobs are now blue. Blue mobs will usually assist their kind.  

The only real reason that people kill the raptors before seeing the scout is in case the person doing the quest is not quite ready and they want to kill the (green) Draz themselfs, which in turn will spawn the images. If someone or something else kills him, no big deal.  When you give the coin to the scout a low level (green) Draz spawns. Since he is low level the raptors usually kill him instantly. When (green) Draz dies, it spawns the 6 images. These images are quite tough and are 52 to 55 in level. So the raptors will die rather easily.  There is no real worry of an image being killed by a raptor.

rawllef

Did this yesterday with myself 65 beast, 65 druid, 62 monk. I had the monk pull to ensure single pulls and no misshaps. Well turns out the monk sucked and he pulled 3 at once, including the immune to slow image. We still won, but I about choked when I saw them coming and imagined having to start all over. I ended up tanking 2 and pet tanking one.

Keelo Graeham

Did this last night with me, 55, a 64 warrior, 63 cleric, 56 cleric, 65 wizard, 60 ranger, 65 shammy and a 56 BL. Heh, we pulled all 6 on accident. I figured I had to start over so I just jumped in and melee'd all I could. 56 cleric died from aggro, and next thing I know I'm seeing "You have gained raid experience!". I was surprised, we did all 6 images at once with only one death.

Was quite scary.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Dakat

Im glad you did well.  If you fail that part u will lose your spot and will have to do the 6 scouts over again.

Dasquid

I did the TD fight tonight. Was kind of odd, when I turned in the seal I think a raptor killed the green con Draz because I never saw him up. I turned in my seal and within seconds all 6 images had popped. So I had explained the fight to the people with me (1 Paladin, 2 druids and myself 57 BL).  Pally runs up and aggros all 6 at once, tanked em while druids stood back and nuked, I sent pet in and nuked/meleed. I had already collected my gems/ore/fungal padding so next stop, Fungus for the final encounter, should hopefully have my epic within the next few days.

Xarilok

Quote from: MahesOn a side note, one of the raptors runs near there and the images will kill it.  It's a very wise idea to save that image for last.  :P  He was damaged and I slowed...insta summon to 4 images beating on me.

Dang, that explains it.  A long time ago, I was swarming the raptors with my bard, and didnt see the images.  No one was in the zone all day, so I went back and forth, killing every raptor I could get.

Ran a bit too close to the images, and BAM! insta summon.

I ran a few feet, then BAM! BAM! BAM! summoned 3 times in about 2 seconds, ran again, summoned over and over til dead.

As I sat at my bind spot, I wonder why on earth I got summoned by mobs that I had not damaged...guess that is why.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

kujoe sloberjaws

i just did the TD scout tuesday night, he was easy as ever, took like 5 min in all to kill all 6 mobs,  "YES" they can be single pulled after that just have a good MT and a healer that is all u need
Kujoe Sloberjaw -  Veeshan server
Officer - Deadly Fury

Tardar

QuoteYES" they can be single pulled

Yeah right.  

Did you mean to say that they could be split off and brought to camp single?  If not, please explain how you pulled these single.

Raaski Razorclaws

I single pulled them back when I did mine long ago. Just me and a druid duo'd them super easy.

Edit: Was 65 at the time and did it just for fun.

Angybby

I am doing this right now, have been sitting at the spawn point waiting for scout, along with might I add about 4 other beastlords?? That part I dont get is are the other scouts on a faster spawn? Because I got those very easily with noone waiting for them either. But this guy Yeesh. I duo'ed all 6 of the scout and I was wondering the same thing if I will have any problems solo'ing these guys as well. Good info, I have already read thanks much.
Fugllee~65th Feral Lord
Arrynadia Silverwisp~63 Enchanter

Tunare Server

Ghorz

I did this encounter today. Lvl 68, mainly elemental gear, lvl 68 pet spell, only self buffs.

Things worth mentioning IMO:

I killed all raptors on the island, then headed to the scout, turned in the coin, and then started pulling images. There was no green con mob to kill, the 6 stood in the ruin when I arrived.

After I had the third killed, the first raptor respawned. I just watched the fight, the image clearly won, was not even hurt.

One was immune to slow, and one was super resistant (could not land slow). Other than that I did not notice any major resistances on any of the images.

None of the images ran when low on health.
They summon, but have no special features like Enrage, Infuriate or such.

As usual, if you pull with slow or any other spell that does no damage, you can single pull.

Had no problems with looting, got all 6 shards, I encountered no bug.

All in all this fight was much less dangerous to solo than the Permafrost one IMO.
Ghorz | Viking Alliance | troll beastlord | Stromm

Gilik

I did this last weekend and we had no trouble with it. I had only one group, but I still consider it bringing overkill. It was myself, a lvl 70 pally, a lvl 66 ranger, a lvl 62 warrior, a 65 cleric, and a 65 druid. We really didn't have any strategy coming into it and probably should have been more careful considering all my progress was on the line. We didn't try to single pull, the ranger just shot at one of the images and all 6 came barreling after us. The pally drew 4 to himself while the rng and war each had one. It was very easy, nobody came close to dying, and everyone said they had alot of fun, which made me happy because now they keep bugging me to set a time to do more of the epic (I'm stuck gathering the stupid items now, so I'm glad they wanna help). All in all, single pulling is not necesary if you have overkill, and bring a healer just in case.

Ripclaww

Did the whole quest over the christmas weekend, once i got here my 65 mag was able to solo pull all mobs using annul magic.  So they can be pull single if you use cancel magic.   :roll:

Thought i'd share this bit of info since it was this message board that helped me in the first place.  Oh and DONT touch the "The Chilling Terror"  talk about getting you ass handed to you on a silver platter! 

Ripclaww Tentigers
52 Beastlord