Main Menu

Copper Medal changed?

Started by Cirys, January 14, 2005, 02:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirys

Hello all,

Went to grimling to do copper medal part...Scouts and Veterans took me to camps, I said trigger phrase and killed whole camp.  No additional spawns no waves of mobs and I would return to the outpost and pick another one and do it again.  Eventually I got to the Captain.  Now, he took me to the three camps close to AC.  First time I hailed him he took me to the northern most camp and I was to protect Gelg the traitor.  This one was strange, I killed those attacking Gelg then Gelg started attacking me...so I dumped pet and ran Gelg away from the camp.  I watched waves of grimlings come in as I was kiting Gelg around keeping her from the grimlings that wanted to kill her.  Then she just poofed and went somewhere and something killed her.  Of note here is that on initially killing the grimlings on her they beat were beating the crap out of me...54 BL here. 

Hit the Captain up again, he took me to the second camp down.  This time I tried to clear the camp before the trigger phrase, big goof he left.

Thrid time I hailed him he took me to the most southern camp.  I was to wipe the camp and waves and kill the guards on the towers when I could.  This time I thought I had it.  Guard on tower was a necromancer aggroed on pet.  healed pet, pet was feared ect...  Fight took awhile but again I was getting my butt handed to me they were way tough.  Healed pet multiple times and they had me down to 17 percent life before I took off ending the last encounter.

Now from what I got you can only have a chance at the medal while doing a quest given by the captain.  The camps he took me too were not soloable by a 54 BL.  I'm hoping I'm missing something here or that all these other posts are just way outdated.  Please a little guidance.

CIrys
54BL

Oneiromancer

54 Beastlord soloable camps might be 1-3...one of the Vah Shir there will tell you which camps have been cleared.  Also, you need to make sure you get the yellow text from the Scout guy or whoever confirming that the event is starting, maybe the trigger text wasn't working?

There are some mobs that will drop the Copper Medal randomly, they are listed in the walkthrough on this board/site I believe.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

Indeed, copper medal mostly only drops with any kind of regularity from one out of the first 3 camps.

Otherwise it's clear the (non-grimling) bandits, and wait for a coin courier halfling to spawn.  They only rarely drop the medal.

Cirys

Well went back the next day figured I give this another go and look at things again.  This time did same as I did last time.  Difference the instanced spawn of mob waves and what was supposed to happen at the camps did.  No different from last time I did it.  Seems awful strange to me but I was able to get the medal solo easily.  Unfortunately not sure what caused the mobs to not spawn before.  Thank you for the advice and comments.

Cirys 55BL

nedoirah

I made a new thread posting on how to get the Copper Medal of War .