Main Menu

Soloing Epic 1.0

Started by Jenneth, February 23, 2005, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenneth

Hi I am wondering if I could solo or possibly duo final fight with a 59 Shaman,I am a 65 beast with pretty crappy gear.
Thanks
Jenn on Prexus

Oneiromancer

I'd say...probably.  The nice thing about the final 1.0 fight is that it is repeatable...the item you use to spawn the final guy is either returned to you, or you can get another one from the Shar Vahl elder guy (I can't remember which).  So there's not as much pressure as some of the other parts of the epic.  With confirmation that it's repeatable, I'd say just go ahead anyway, with a rez you don't have much to lose.

From what I remember of the final fight, the pet goes down easily, but the main guy is a pain.  Since your claws are the only melee thing that can hurt him (including your pet's melee) you might want to give your pet some mage proc weapons so he will do more dps than just his own proc.  I don't think his dps is very much, so you might be using lots of DoTs with you shaman and have your beastlord really laying on the aggro.  Been a long time though...he runs really fast and early (maybe 30%?) so snare or root is important at the end.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dahr

I've actually been wondering as well, if I had CA3/ND3, possibly CS1 or 2. As well as a 58 druid. What would be the lowest level that would sound reasonable to be able to duo epic up until fights needing more people?

Right now I'm 55 with 15aa. With just virtue I think I'm at around 4.5  - 4.7k hp which would of course be higher if I was to get ND3 and a level or two.

Just something I've been wondering is all. :)
Dahrl
55 Vah Shir Beastlord
Cazic Thule

Hereki

All of the epic fights benefit from higher levels more than more people.  None of the mobs have regen better than your dps, which is the key factor, and none of them have massive dps.  Resists are the one factor that you can use to make a big difference in your performance.

I would bet that, with decent gear, you could duo it all at 60.  A druid or cleric would be the best partner if same or lower level, and Savagery would be your biggest advantage for the level.

Dahr

Dahrl
55 Vah Shir Beastlord
Cazic Thule

picanic

ok guys and girls i  am curanlty lvl 37 and climing fast .  with a lvl  70 cleric to help with what lvl could i start doing hte epic?

Nusa

Level 51 is the earliest you can get the quest to work, although you can obviously collect some of the parts ahead of time.

In the early days it was possible to twink the quest at level 1 with the right help, and it was done a few times. I suspect there were objection to beasts being able to get a 55% slow procccing weapon at low levels, prompting the change.

Dakat

If the shaman has decent dps you could otherwise it will be a long fight. 

noslen

I did my final fight with 2 70 Warrior, 70 bard, 70 cleric and myself and pet.  Took awhile to bring him down with that bunch.. the worst part was he took off on us.. agged what we didnt kill before the fight..
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server