Main Menu

Epic 1.0 with same account Necro

Started by Lynke, July 21, 2005, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynke

I am currently level 51 and wanted to get my epic ASAP.

Could I use my same account level 70 necro to do the fights for the epic?

That it, do the hand ins and then log over to the necro, kill the mob and return to the beasty to loot?

Anyone see any problems with doing this?

Nusa

Technically possible to do that way. I'll not comment either way on your ability to do it. With the exception of the Timorous fight, the penalty of failing is mainly having to wait for the trigger mob to spawn again. The price of failing the Timorous fight is starting over, so take extra care there.

Lynke

Nusa

36 hour respawn on individual scouts is what I remember, but that was RL years ago, so might have changed since then.

(Edit, changed spirits to scouts above for clarity. Thanks Dakat. In my past experience, scouts have always been down right after a patch and pop 36 hours (1.5 days) later.)

Dakat

the SCOUTS are on a 3 day (36 hr) timer unless server resets.

the SPIRITS are on a 2 hour timer.  If you spawn them and die in your attempt to kill, you have 2 hours to regroup and attemt to kill again.

If you fail to kill the SPIRITS in the 2 hours time period, they will despawn and I can't remember for how long after that the SCOUTS will remain up and will not respond to you until a totem is returned to them. It might be the 2 hours that the SPIRITS are up.

rdahl

Quotethe SCOUTS are on a 3 day (36 hr) timer unless server resets.

Just to clarify, Scouts are on 1.5 day (36 hr.) timer (3 days is 72 hours).
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Dakat

Sorry meant to say 1.5 days to 3 days.

Lynke

OK, for those who are curious, all fights for the BL 1.0 epic are solo-able by a same account character.

The Spirit fights were all pretty easy, since the body timers were 30 mins and the fights weren't far from the Scouts.  There was no danger to my level 52 beastlord in those areas.  The key to Perma is pulling the bear a bit closer to the zone line.  You can get aggro from the bear simply by sitting down in the northern part of the King room.  He warps up on you.  I just /pet hold and run him a bit towards the zone.  After the fight, I cleared all goblins back to the zone in.  Pretty easy.

For the Timorous Deep fight, it was a bit trickier, since the body timer was only 7 or 8 minutes for the 5 lower level Images.  I killed 3 with my necro, switched to Beasty to loot then killed the last 3.  Raptors re-popped on me, but all of these fights were pretty easy for the pet plus one or two dots to handle.

For the final fight, I was surprised that the pet summoned me.  I killed the pet (pretty easy) medded up a bit and then went after Draz.

Draz had a lot more hps than I expected and I almost ran out of mana.  I was medding up for a final nuke when he started running (at around 6%).  He runs FAST (SOW speed).  He ran off towards the cavement (Tarmoks?) who are non-KOS.  Pet finished him there and I logged my beastie to loot his head along with a Dark Animist's tunic and gloves.

Hope that helps the curious out there...

rdahl

QuoteThe key to Perma is pulling the bear a bit closer to the zone line

Note a caveat.  When I did the permafrost bear it spawned on a group (they didn't respond to my /ooc about spawning the bear) and I was summoned from the king room to where he was. 

Side note:  I couldn't find my way out of the his spawn area without going through the dragon's lair.  Luckily I was 60 so I was banished once I had agro.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless