Main Menu

proposal: better documentation

Started by hakaaba, June 14, 2006, 01:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

I propose we start an official question of the week thread on the official sony bst forum.  It would be nice if you can get kytheria to sticky and lock it so only tastian can post and have comments in seperate threads, but thats optional.

You can and should continue asking the questions through your own channels, but it'll be a nice record of the questions and you can post any response you get as well (assuming you ever get one).  The idea is to post a question once a week completely regardless of whether or not the previous question has been at all addressed, however.  Important questions might be repeated after awhile. 

My goal is to wait a few months and when we have a solid thread of a dozen plus solidly supported, fair questions that have been totally ignored, we can use this as evidence that our class isn't getting the kind of dev attention it needs to be functional.

And if, as a side effect, something actually gets answered, all the better!

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

sunkash

Excellent idea!! hakaaba for president!!

hakaaba

So what do you think about this, Tast?

I'd do it myself but i don't really have the connections to ask the questions besides just plain posting them.

Tastian

I'm still trying to adjust to the "question of the week" thing(ish) whatever lol.  We were given some followup information and I'm hoping a few of the questions that were out of place or whatever originally will be re-asked shortly.  I do plan to setup a stickied thread with the questions and stuff, but atm it is basically fishing for flames like I said would happen all along because lots of the questions go unanswered and it just annoys people even more.  *shrugs*  Will see what I can do though.

Tardar

You know I don't understand the Dev's position either.  I mean what's the big secret?  Why not just talk openly about their "vision" for things so people can talk about things in an open and honest way?  I'm not talking about future stuff or expansions or whatever, just talk about how they see different classes or itemization.  Surely there is a reason why everything in GOD has Fire focus.  Well, explain it to us.  We'll bitch for a little while, but at least that takes something off the table as a gripe.  The more they try to be all cloak and dagger, the more confused and frustrated people get.  Nobody likes to be ignored, especially for a service they are PAYING for.  I understand things will change, and there are many different ways to accomplish a certain task, but changing the format in which they don't do anything or answer any questions doesn't fix anything, it just creates more frustration.

hakaaba

I think it would be unlikely to generate any kind of flames.

1.  It'd be on the beastlord boards which hardly anyone but bsts visits.

and

2.  Hopefully they can mod the thread, which would obviously make it impossible to flame it :p  Thats why i suggested comments in a seperate thread.