Main Menu

I know you are better than this xal...

Started by Tastian, July 15, 2004, 06:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kromjr

Does anyone pet heal at 65? What once in a super great while. Or maybe you just feel like using that play style at the moment? 9 second heal times suck just no real situation to use it once you get your pet aug.
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Bananea

A well AAd mage has better pet healing than a well AAd beastlord.

Consider both a mage and a beastlord have Pet Mend and Max Hastened Mending...

Mages have two viable choices for healing, the beastlord has one.

I do not know a beastlord that keeps Healing of Sorsha up near the high end. Not since Calliav was introduced...and even before it was barely worth it.

Bengali

Quote from: mrowrrI sure would take that 3-4 second cast heal over my 9 second cast heal any day.

Amen.  Between Calliav, Mend companion and Renewal of Jerikor I could keep my pet alive on nearly any raid.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kinash

Quote from: KromjrDoes anyone pet heal at 65? What once in a super great while. Or maybe you just feel like using that play style at the moment? 9 second heal times suck just no real situation to use it once you get your pet aug.

I must be the only 65 BST with my pet Healing up! I am almost always soloing. :lol:  I don't use it so much due to the long cast time, but there are situations where I will use it. Since I generally solo in the same places I have gotten to know my quarry well enough to cast the Heal just-in-time to save my Warder. Most days I will never have to heal the Warder... I just keep the spell up "just in case"... never know when that Wandering Grimling will come along and think my Warder is a tasty treat while we are fighting something else!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

rhorse

My neighbor across the street got a new pick up. Do you think the goverment should buy me one. So we would have a balance street. In my opinion I don't think its fair, that he has a new one and I don't.
 And by the way thanks for letting me come here and complaint about this. Because it wouldn't do any good to talk to my neighbor.

Hrann

You would think someone like Xalmat would at least have SOME idea of what was going on outside his own class.  A quick look at our boards would show that our heals are currently one of the things we need looking into, for the reason that everyone has already stated - THEY SUCK for our style of fighting.  

Earlier in our career they are ok, but by the time you are 65 fighting at least dark blues, almost no one uses them.  SOE could go ahead and give us a pet heal that healed 50,000 hps, cost 10 mana and takes 60 seconds to cast.  This would be the best ratio heal ever, but would be completely useless.  Then Xalmat could use his fuzzy logic to show how overpowered we are - "look, they can heal their pet's for 50k hps!  OMG".  Knock yourself out.

The worst part is that he pretty much admits he knows what he has done is wrong, and continues to stand by it.  Completely dispicable in my opinion.

Keelo Graeham

I'm embarrassed to play on Brell with this idiot. He's made similar posts on the Brell boards as well.

*sigh*
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Gizmomo

I think everyone has made some valid points.  But lets not group all mages as being idiots.  Just because a few share a differnt view then yourself.  No reason to bash all mages.   :oops:   I have a 65 mage as my main.  Im just starting to level up my bst.  Each class has its plusses and its minuses.  I personally enjoy both.  I have heard the mage vs bst discussions for a long time.  Never cared for it.  Just remember if one person views something one way, doesnt mean everyone does.
Gizmomo Elfcutter - 52 - BST - Tunare

Myster Modrodz - 65 - MAG - Tunare

Bengali

Quote from: Hrann
Earlier in our career they are ok, but by the time you are 65 fighting at least dark blues, almost no one uses them.  SOE could go ahead and give us a pet heal that healed 50,000 hps, cost 10 mana and takes 60 seconds to cast.  This would be the best ratio heal ever, but would be completely useless.  Then Xalmat could use his fuzzy logic to show how overpowered we are - "look, they can heal their pet's for 50k hps!  OMG".  Knock yourself out.

Heh.  Actually it's even worse.   It would be like if we had a 60k heal that took 57.75 secs to cast, with a 2.25 recast, so including recast it would heal 1000 hp/sec.

Then Xal proposes a mage heal that is 6000 hp in 3.75 secs, with a 2.25 recast.   That's also 1000 hp/sec so the two are equal!  Fair is fair!
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BloodCelt

Quote from: GizmomoI think everyone has made some valid points.  But lets not group all mages as being idiots.  Just because a few share a differnt view then yourself.  No reason to bash all mages.   .

We realize that, I think everyone here realizes that its a vocal minority *over on the mage board.
Every class has their Tard Squadâ„¢, even us.

BC

*edit to clarify
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Sarrik

Quote from: Mneumenth
Quote from: SarrikSure we have malo, rod, CoTh, minor utility and wizards get root, snare, evac, port, etc.. yet wizards deal nearly double the DPS of mages. This is the mages biggest area of need in my opinion, mages need a way to deal equal DPS to wizards since mages are just as much a focussed class on doing DPS.  

Bwahahahaa...now Ive heard it all...

You want all the extras AND you want the same Nuke power as a Wizard?  Puhlease.

You are either truely stupid or you misunderstood what I was saying, I will assume the latter for now.

I was not suggesting mages get the same nukes as wizards, im not really sure how you even arrived at the ludicris conclusion. No I was saying that magicians nukes + pet should equal a wizards nukes. basically the total damage output of a mage should equal the total damage output of a wizard. Both classes have the exact same role in groups and raids, and thats to damage things alot. Both have minor amounts of utility, the wizard being superior at crowd control with a 3 minute root spell and snare kiting adds and evac to save some ass, the mage offering malo for when shamans arent around and mod rods and CoTH. Only the truely foolish would not understand that the primary role of a mage and of a wizard is suppose to be one in the same, unfortunately due to not being able to lower his agro, not having innate resist mods on nukes, the mage falls behind the wizard in raid situations greatly. In groups both classes are just fine.

mrowrr

QuoteYou are either truely stupid or you misunderstood what I was saying, I will assume the latter for now.

Hey now! It's one thing to come to our board to debate mages pet heal but the minute you start calling our members "stupid" you are out of line.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Sarrik

His post and some others here were just as disrespectful, I wouldent dwell on it.

Lheo

Thx God, the mages in my guild are great guys with very good skills, i love to group with them :D

Kanne

Quote from: Lorathir
Quote from: InciteWho wrote that Lorathir?

http://forum.magecompendium.com/viewtopic.php?t=15714

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.
Look for the guy who's avatar is that of The (ex) Iraqi Minister of Information.

I swear, I wish I made it up.  :shock:

This whole episode has got to be a joke, right? Are there hidden camera's here or what?

Oh god, this mage is in my guild.   :oops:

Let the wet noodle spanking begin.