Main Menu

A question of specificity.

Started by Blaek Era, February 02, 2004, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaek Era

Permafrost - I have read that it is quite possible to have this bear agro on and warp to you in the Giants area.  If this is the case, this shouldn't really be too much of a problem to take him out.  Will a lvl 65 bst and a lvl 59 beast be sufficient (both have roughly 7 or 8 aa's a piece - nothing spectacular, either in the way of aa's or armor).

Swamp of No Hope - I keep hearing that this alligator is a downright maniac.  The problem seems to mainly reside in the fact that he stays under water.  If this is the case, would magic resist from an Enc and a bard playing some kind of magic resist song be sufficient to take down this alligator with the above mentioned 65 bst?  How do we heal our pets if we keep getting stunned and are fighting in the water?

As can be seen, I'm inquiring about whether or not it is feasible to complete this epic with  minimal setup/time/equipment.  I wager that I should wait til lvl 60 or 62 before attempting this, as the pet will have increased in power tremendously, but can I really wait that long to go without the Epic weapons, something that I actually need and can use right now?

Blaek Era
59 - Animist

Tastian

Perma -  I had bear warp up to king goblin area.  Only had to kill 1 giant that added as bear ran off.  Friend turned in totem, we waited a min, headed down, cleared goblins, then as we got near the doors, BOOM, bear on me.

Swamp fight-  This was a total joke imo.  It get's hyped about and just freaks a bunch of bsts I know out, but I honestly think it's because of a lack of information.  First get some MR.  I had 200 something last time and not a single death roll landed.  If you are talking about having a bard there and a 65 bst then 200+ resist isn't an issue.  Also, last time I fought him I was underwater with my pet and had the person I was doing for (56? 55? bst) up top.  They were actually able to melee well levi'n on top of the water.  Spells hit the gator from on top of the water to.  Yet if you are underwater melee'n you can't hit him.  I tanked underwater, paragon'd once and didn't bother to heal, finished fight with 80% mana from testing various spells.  Next time I'll levi me and pet and if can melee from out of water and pet's procs landing too it'd be even more of a joke.  Basically just get resists up a bit, understand that to NUKE you have to be out of the water, but to HEAL anyone that's in the water you have to be in the water.  Also the AE has BIG range, so don't have some caster skimping on MR thinking he'll just get his feet in the water and avoid the AE, it'll tag him too.

Whole epic can and has been done by 65 bsts solo.  Yes with more AA and certain gear, but getting a virtue, kei, etc from PoK and evening bringing one other person like a bard will basically guarantee a win.  Heck my pet tanked 3 of the fights well I was goofing around testing stuff.

Just be prepared, but don't be scared.  You don't lose anything until the tim deep fights, so at worst you waste a scout spawn.  I'm quite sure you can get it done though.  8)

Blaek Era

THanks for your positive post friend.  I'm really looking forward to picking up my Epic and I'm hoping to do it before lvl 60 ends.  

B

Dakat

Perma bear, every time ive done him, 5 or 6 times now, he agroed before the giants area.  I do beleave it will agro anywhere in the zone.

Swamp gator,  did him with a 65 shaman and a 65 wizard and myself.  Shaman was only there to augment my pet heals.  Pet meleed the gator the entire fight. The wizard did get a few nukes off when he finally entered the water.

Ryion

I had the Bear Warp up on me in the goblins area as i was running back after the turn in.  Everybody else in the bear pit was pretty surprised to have the epic mob disapear.  

Lucky for me I had a Druid following me back and she was able to Succor us out.  The Rest of the raid wasn't so lucky.  The Bear started summoning the rest one by one.  It was a total Failure. :-(

The second time went a little better and we were able to kill it without it warping on us.

Dorrogtr T`A

Well, when I did my epic, the bear spawned in the King Room, Vox WAS up at the time, dont know if that makes any difference but...  :?: It was about...7-8 months ago when I did Permafrost.