Main Menu

Some TD information...

Started by Zorthaz, February 17, 2004, 06:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

I completed the TD portion over the weekend and I had a few observations which my help out others who are at this point.  I had three people there: myself (65 bst), 61 rogue, and a 45 enchanter.  Not a big force, but more than enough to get the job done.  I setup on the small beach on the island across from the island with the ruins where the images spawn.  We cleared all the raptors and then I turned in the coin.  This spawned the green con image, we I pulled and we easily dispatched.  I did not loot this corpse, due to some last minute buffing.  It disappered so fast I had to assume there was nothing on it.  I was easily able to single pull the images using the 65 slow.  After we killed the first two of the six images, the raptors respawned.  The enchanter kept the locals mezzed, but the images in the ruins eventually will be attacked by the raptors.  Do not worry about the raptors killing the images.  The raptors could barely take the images down one bulb.  Here is what you need to worry about: if you try to pull an image that has been injured by the raptors, you will be summoned inside the ruins!  If you see an image being attacked by a raptor you need to do one of two things.  One: if you are ready to pull another image and you see one being attacked by a raptor, wait until the raptor starts his death march and pulls the image out of the ruins.  When you try to pull it, you will be summoned.  You don't want it close to any other images when you try to pull an injured image.  Two:  If you are not ready to pull the next image, make sure you note where the injured image stands when it returns to the ruins.  You will want to save it until last.  I was lucky enough to end up with two injured images.  One of the two turned out to be the unslowable one.  As soon as I casted slow, I was summoned inside the ruins.  I immediately ran outside to the beach.  I had moved my forces over to the island with the ruins because I had heard about the summoning thing.  The rogue and I took out the unslowable one while the chanter kited the other around.  If I had to attempt this solo I would let the pet kill one while I ran the other around.  The unslowable one took me down to 47pct.  I was self buffed (4k hps) other than KEI and boon.  My pet was summoned using the summoners boon focus from LDON.  I hope you find this information useful when you attempt this portion of the epic.
Zorthaz
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Tastian

Good info Zorth, just going to add in my experience from the other day.  The other day I did the TD part for my sis.  I set up on same island at the ruins and killed two raptors I saw nearby.  They did turn in and green image died before I could click attack.  All 6 images spawned and I had no problems single pulling at 65.  Usually with slow, but I prox pulled a couple just to test.  I slowed 4 out of the 6.  One was immune to changes in run speed and the other I think might have been immune to magic or just rolled really well hehe.  I bounced 3 slows and then he was dead.  I paragon'd right after buffing and all were dead and looted before paragon refreshed.  I didn't heal myself at all except during the fight with the unslowable one.  This is an important part of the epic, but it really wasn't hard at all.

Apawsia

I can confirm that the first green mob has nothing on it's corpse. As for the images immune to movement spells, don't worry, they won't run away at low hp so no need to worry them running off to the water and die.