Main Menu

Grimling Forest Part

Started by DiosT, January 07, 2004, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiosT

Ok, I've tried in the past to get people to e-mail me how this goes...

but i always get completely different stories...

Can someone please try and explain, simply but informatively, the # of camps, difficulty difference between them, how hard they are, etc...

also how the fights progress, and the type of mob you need to kill, and frequency of the medal drop (or is it a drop you turn in for the medal ?)

I did this so long ago, it's completely changed since I did it, so please explain it well enough i can change my guide...

Here's what i have thus far:
http://beastlords.org/ep1c.php
Example Fight: http://beastlord.org/ep1cfight.php

Would like to get this part fixed, seems to be the -only- problem i hear about frequently

Zorthar

There are 9 camps, and the CMoW actually drops at them when you do them, it is not a turn in.

The only two  camps I have experience with are camp 4 and camp 9, but this was as a 27 beastlord with help from a 65mage friend.

Camp 4 -- Had a bunch of clerics and we were not able to find what to do, there would be reinforcements or something coming out of nowhere running to the camp, he ended up training like 20 grimlings to the Vah Shir Fort.

Camp 9 -- ABLE TO GET MULTIPLE FT1 MASKS AND CMOW -- This one was slightly easier, but that might have been his ability to burn down the mobs.   Spawned by the Captain, not sure on his name he is to the right looking out from the guy you ask which camps to.  You go to the spot he leads you to and say the starting phrase that is in the text he will say.  A Grimling Traitor will spawn, I can not recall his name, you must kill the grimlings attacking him (about 5), and then finish the rest of the camp off.  When you kill the rest of the camp another wave will spawn, this one was not doable with just the 2 of us, there were like 10 grimlings on the traitor.  One of these being a named, I have told this guy will drop the CMoW everytime, and the FT1 WIS5/int5 mana15 mask everytime, and the best part is, if you let them kill the traitor, the other grimlings will still be up (not sure how long) so you can pull the named, get your loot, and then go start the camp again for another beastlord or to farm ft1 masks for people who helped(NO DROP)

Tailzin

Currently trying to do this part of the epic...been trying for a week going back and forth to grimling and saying

"what camps"...each time he says "we've successfully driven back the grimlings to their cave" (IE no camps are available)... :x

Hopefully (could someone confirm? :P), the medal always drops!
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

Zorthar

You have to wait for a patch for the zone to reset Talzin, but when it does you can do whatever camp you want.

Mindlet

Actually the zone resets before patches but its very long. I went over a week with all camps complete but a few days about 2 camps were available with no patch in between.

I then tried to do camp 4 got to the end with the camp empty and no named spawned. Also no mobs from the camp dropped the medal.

Zorthar

Camp four seems to be severly bugged, at somepoint when I get my beast to an higher level, I will do a write up on these camps if someone doesn't put one together before then.

Tailzin

Interesting, I thought it would be an ongoing "struggle" between the grimlings and the outpost (like you imaging orc hill in Gfay or something :))

Never thought I'd be hoping for a patch lol :roll:
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

Mindlet

Bristlebane crashed or was brought down yesterday and the forest wasn't reset.

Rippykin

One tip is when you activate one of the vah shir soldiers to do a camp, be ready to run pell mell after him. When he arrives at the grimling camp he says something and you prompt him with a reply to set things in motion. If everyone's too far behind you might miss what the NPC says. Usually it's a big case of overkill anyway, so better to have 1 or more people with lag-free connections and sow stick like glue to the npc and worry about everyone else getting there by giving out the /loc of the camp after you hear what the soldier says. The detail info is definitely out there in epic guides -- you just need to be aware that grimling was revamped to get rid of turning in a quest item -- so if you see references to doing that it's old info.

Cerberus

Do you still need to keep the scout alive? Was told that it had changed and that it no longer matter if he lived or died.
O' Great Keeper of the Mystical Rubber mouse.

Katnipfend - 45 - Beastlord