Main Menu

Possible new stuff

Started by Khauruk, June 09, 2010, 08:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Standard disclaimer:  This is pre-alpha info, and these may never appear, or if they appear they may be in an unrecognizeable form.

A few things showed up in spell data today (courtesy of Kumbaja, long may he be healthy www.kumbaja.anonius-bayle.org)

Under search for BST AAs, I see only one new things, a Frost of Kesh`yk Effect line of AAs, capping out at rank IX.
Rank 9:

Slot 1   Decrease Hitpoints by 255
Slot 2   Stun for 1 sec up to level 87
Resist Type: Cold (Res. Adj. -30)
Category: Pet > Misc. Buffs

Looks even less than meh, especially without any procrate modifier on this.  Made by D. Cronkhite - that's Elidroth, right?

Spells:
Nothing new in our direct spell list, and nothing looking like it'll be for us from spells that are made, but there's some names which sound at least potentially beastly of upcoming spells/AAs:

Wretching Venom:
198pt poison nuke, 198pt/tick poison DoT pet buff it looks like. (rk2)

Fractured Limb
Bloodfeather's Curse
Hollow Howl
Broad Swipe
Vengeful Strike
Bestial Blaze
Hypothermia
Virile Lure
Frigid Breath
Ice Lash
Numbing Strike
Grim Gore
Renewed Spirit
Feral Shift
Parasitic Feed
Infectious Malady

So, we wait a month to see what's up.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

WOOT, looks like another aa button to mash!

I really hope they come up with more then this but past experience tells me there isn't much movement once beta starts.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

We definitely will see more than this, as 2 pet procs isn't an entire expansion :D

Bestial Blaze sounds like it could be an attributed caster dps thing, or perhaps the spell disc we've been tossing around.  I'm very curious about Feral Shift also, though that could be druid/ranger also.

I want to know who gets Virile Lure! Of all the classes, who says "virile" the most? /boggle

It was interesting going through it again  - I haven't visited Kumbaja's in a long time.  There's an AA in there which they last touched in December that was a 2k nuke, 1.5k dot and 65% slow.  A version for us, and a version for Fippy it looks like.  I'd love the AA slow, but too bad it was quite so OP :D
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sikkem

Is there any chance we could go for our pet stuns to be 1, 2 and 3 sec duration in line with the rank of the spell instead of a damage increase?

That nuke/dot/slow would have some major aggro attached to it  8-)

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Grbage

In the push to improve our warders we should include a 3.0 second stun to match air pets. Of course this means cutting the proc rate in half as well but I'm all for it for the increased chance of interrupting a round.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on June 09, 2010, 08:33:57 PM
Standard disclaimer:  This is pre-alpha info, and these may never appear, or if they appear they may be in an unrecognizeable form.

A few things showed up in spell data today (courtesy of Kumbaja, long may he be healthy www.kumbaja.anonius-bayle.org)

Under search for BST AAs, I see only one new things, a Frost of Kesh`yk Effect line of AAs, capping out at rank IX.
Rank 9:

Frost of Kesh`yk is the proc from rangers Frost Arrow AA, it's not ours.

Camikazi

My guesses on these from the names and previous spells

Fractured Limb - Rogue snare ability
Bloodfeather's Curse - Shammy DoT
Hollow Howl - Necro/Cleric fear maybe
Broad Swipe
Vengeful Strike - Kindof sounds Zerker-ish
Bestial Blaze
Hypothermia - Druid AC/Atk debuff
Virile Lure
Frigid Breath - Sounds like Druid AC Debuff
Ice Lash - Wizard nuke maybe
Numbing Strike
Grim Gore
Renewed Spirit - sounds like Shammy
Feral Shift
Parasitic Feed - Necro-ish
Infectious Malady - Sounds like ours or Shammy

bradam

Stun duration aside, I dont see why our warders can't stun level 87 mobs now, or level 93 mobs next expansion. 

Grbage

Quote from: bradam on June 10, 2010, 10:37:37 PM
Stun duration aside, I dont see why our warders can't stun level 87 mobs now, or level 93 mobs next expansion. 

Because only mage pets are allowed to stun greater then max level mobs.... Really stuns have been reworked, reworked and reworkded again to the point there really is no rhyme or reason as far as I can see. Started back when pallies were able to stun lock mobs making them the best tank in stunnable content then spread to other classes.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

Quote from: Camikazi on June 10, 2010, 05:41:32 PM

Rank 9:

Odd, given the history page for this ability on Kumbaja's.

http://kumbaja.antonius-bayle.org/spell/history/23565
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on June 11, 2010, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: Camikazi on June 10, 2010, 05:41:32 PM
Standard disclaimer:  This is pre-alpha info, and these may never appear, or if they appear they may be in an unrecognizeable form.

Rank 9:

Odd, given the history page for this ability on Kumbaja's.

http://kumbaja.antonius-bayle.org/spell/history/23565

http://kumbaja.antonius-bayle.org/spell/view/4805

That is the Frost Arrow AA, that might new ranks of it but the effect is from the Ranger AA.

http://kumbaja.antonius-bayle.org/spell/view/4802

That one is Flaming Arrows, its just a DD+DoT Range proc, also Ranger only.