Main Menu

Warder Proc Rate?

Started by Gharrik, April 02, 2004, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylaz

Well, Thanks T & C for this answer. I realized I shoudn't have posted something with "seem" in the text, but that was too late ...

As the actual mechanism of combat round is pretty complex, and devs could basically code anything there, I wasn't sure it was not something like (computer nerd-technical-lingo following) :

Each round auto attack is on:
 if random(AC,ATK,AAs,...) hit=true
 if random(Delay,Haste,Proc rate,AAs,...) proc=true
 if hit
    do_damage - hit=false
    if proc do_proc - proc=false

Now everything is clear. Proc has a chance to happen with every swing, but the chance is computed so as to be independant of swing rate, something like:
 Proc % = weapon_proc_rate*dex_proc_rate*aa_proc_multiplier*a_factor/swing_per second
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Coprolith

QuoteNow everything is clear. Proc has a chance to happen with every swing, but the chance is computed so as to be independant of swing rate,...

Correction (just trying to be 100% accurate here, i think you understand it right now but your wording might still confuse others):
You don't get a chance to proc on every swing, just on the first swing of a combat round. When you perform a double or triple or quad attack (we cant do the latter 2 but other classes can) the additional attacks do not get a proc check.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)