Main Menu

Guild Routes to Time - What did yours do?

Started by Lithale, May 29, 2004, 01:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatbugs

Fear/Hate -> Kunark -> Kael/NToV -> ST -> BoT farming -> Ssra -> VT -> Elemental

Well, sort of - a lot of those overlapped, and we're in the elemental planes now but still farming the heck out of VT for new members. (At least, until the next VT-capable guild works their way up, then we'll probably drop VT altogether.)  We've spent a lot of extra time in VT getting geared up, partially because there's no competition for VT on our server right now, and partially because there are five or six guilds farming the heck out of the elemental planes and we'd rather not participate in the cutthroat race for spawns.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Lithale

Thanks for all the responses!

Our guild has definately made it's choice on direction.  We have completed Teir 1, and some of 2.  And now are mostly VT keyed, so VT and PoP raids will be the norm over the next few months.  I just haven't had the time to farm for the VT key, so I won't be a part (unless by some miracle) of the VT fun.

Again, thanks for satisfying my own curioisty.  :D

Gremkin

Quote from: LithaleI just haven't had the time to farm for the VT key, so I won't be a part (unless by some miracle) of the VT fun.

I truly, truly hope that you are using the term "fun" in the LOOSEST sense of the word...

:wink:
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Grymlok

We farmed the hell outta the BoT towers to gear up, along with minor luclin targets (THO, Lcea).

The Berserker: Foecussed

Tardar

I joined a brand new guild on Vazaelle, and in 14 weeks we went from nothing, to being VT keyed and Sol Ro flagged.  So, we kinda did both at the same time.  We aren't Time enabled yet of course, and we are hoping to get our first RZ kill soon. As we continue to Elementals, VT is uncontested, so we clear that once a week also.  Thank goodness for CoH.  

It's been a wild ride.  Many of the current members came from smaller guilds, so this has been their first taste of serious raiding.  It's good doing both Luclin and PoP stuff though, cuz it breaks up the monotony.  

www.alternate-eclipse.com

Whraith

We did the, "work from ground up" routine.

ToV, Velious GoDs, Sleepers, Luclin (including VT), Zerg guild was always in VT making targets hell, so we said screw it and jumped to pop.  Half the guild has their Earth B keys, Xegony down, Fennin Down, Here we come RAthe and Corinav.

VT has nice gear, but, the time to clear vs the amount of loot you get, pales serously when you hit Air and Fire.

Expert Artisan Whraith <Decade> and good old Fred the warder.
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Nameless

Toln

My guild started with ToV, then started keying up for ST by killing dragons mostly, in which we farmed lots of primals and SoDs for our melees..
Then some um, let me use the term politely, unkind people, woke the Sleeper on our server even though every one of the top guilds had agreed not to (We were one of the last servers to still have Sleeper not woken)
No more SoDs, we set out for Luclin. Started killing the various encounters there, did Ssra, did the Burrower in the Deep often, hit grieg's end, eventually keyed up for Emp and beat him.
Next moved into VT which we cleared about 10 times before taking a foot hold in PoP.
Didn't do much farming after that until EPs. We did Solro minis a lot to get that easy to acquire gear, then hit EP for all it was worth until the molds were rotting on a daily basis :)
Then set out on a hard course for killing all 4 EP gods and getting to Time.

Man0warr

on the Rathe we use rotations for all mobs/zones since vox/naggy so we still do VT even though we are halfway through elementals. We have gotten down to being able to clear it in one night and some of aten/mini aten/tvk drops are still very worth it. Some even better than some time due to their effects.
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Zatrik

Not to derail, but why did everyone do NToV before ST?  Our guild has been doing ST to prep for NToV.  We can kill three warders with three or four groups, so we're just gearing up on primals and SoDs and getting the rest of the guild keyed.  We also do a lot of Luclin though.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Tastian

I don't know about your guild, but back in the day we did NToV because it took awhile to key up for ST so we were doing Eashen and ik and what not.  Zland is easy, sont was a beat stick, kland you just randomly had bad fights, yeli was rough and LtK was alright.  Even still it took awhile to key up people.  Now with keys falling off vindi and tormax I think you can key up much faster and start keying up sooner in the progression.

Bananea

Bazaar gear -> EP -> Time for my old guild

I left the game for a bit though, and came back to a new guild...

NToV -> ST -> EP -> Ikkinz 4 -> Time

Odd huh :P

Zatrik

Oh yes, forgot you guys didn't have keys on the giants (velks, vindi, statue, tormax).  That would explain it since the only dragon we do regularly is Zlandi (though we've done Klandi and I'm sure we could do Yeli and Sont).
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Volsykat

Not sure if this applies since it's not a guild, but the Raiding Organization I'm part of started up to raid BoT towers originally, and is now EPed and we're doing the last few backflags before we farm SRT mini's to get to Solro, so we started with and stuck with PoP but hit lower content as well for loot, although some of our members are VT or Time or Time+...
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Khayden

My guild is an old one on bertox that has always raided but more for fun; we've mostly been more of a family type guild and not pushed hard for progression.  We don't have mandatory raiding and raid maybe 3 times a week for about 12 hours total nowadays.

Up until a year or so ago we did epics etc and Halls of Testing.  Then we started on Vindi, Low end Luclin (GoTS, IV, Grieg) and minis like Vhaksiz and Aramin in PoP.

We made the faction change to kos to CoV about August last year, and then we did about 4 months of NToV with a side order of Sleepers, AoW/KT, ST Key dropping dragons, BoT Towers and tier 1-2 PoP mobs.  (We killed Grummus about 3 weeks after first killing everything but the Vulak ring in NToV).  Think we did about 6 NToV clears in all and the Vulak ring twice.

We moved up to mainly Luclin and did Shei, Arch Lich, XtC, Cursed, HP, Emp, Tier 3 PoP (and monotonous backflagging) while keying for VT for about the first 3 months this year

Now we're EP flagged and VT keyed as of the last 6 weeks or so.

We just did the 3 easy air rings and a couple in earth, and should be able to clear VT next time it's up in our raid time.  

(FYI on our server VT lives for about 4 hours after spawning max.  Ssra mobs and things like AoW have similar life expectancies, so doing PoP at the same time helped us out boredom wise.)

I think we went from our first ever Vindi kill to our first RZtW kill in 12 months, without ever raiding more than 3 times a week.

We're gonna be farming VT and EPs for a few months to gear up as well as doing Rondo and getting into Kod`Taz concurrently and then we'll work through the EP gods in the usual order while trying the Kod`Taz+ raids.

We completely ignored the raid content in LDoN as I gather most people did.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous