Main Menu

New Geomancy Stones

Started by Urim, June 03, 2004, 10:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urim

Not sure any other people have heard about this but new geomancy stones appear to be dropping in GoD zones.

Taelosian Geomancy Stone: Jelki (all/all) - This is the old "Taelosian Geomancy Stone", just renamed. Results in same old turn in spell.

Taelosian Geomancy Stone: Eril (all but pure melee) - ?
Taelosian Geomancy Stone: Yiktu (all but pure melee) - ?

These two stones are new and drop instead of spells now. Each of these results in one spell, fixed by type. Now my question is if anyone has gotten either of these other 2 and done the turn in and can tell me which one results in the nuke or dot. I currently have the dot and would really like to get the nuke but don't want to pick up the wrong one and waste it.

Figured since this deals with high level spells that drop in high level God zones that it would be better put here so more people can see it. If in wrong place, feel free to move it.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Frehn Lunarfury

A guildmate posted this on our message board.  Dunno if its 100 % accurate or not...

------

GoD spell drops have apparently been replaced by 3 new geomancy stones.  Now instead of hoping the spell for the right class, you just kill a named until a stone drops and turn it in I guess.

They are all called "Taelosian Geomancy Stones <suffix>" where suffix is one of Jelki, Eril or Yiktu (klatu verada nikto?).

Jelki is the same as the old turn-in stones

Yiktu is for the group of spells that used to drop from Umbiki (I'm assuming Umbiki now drops this rune):
BRD War March of the Mastruq
BST Turepta Blood
CLR Holy Light
DRU Sylvan Infusion
ENC Apathy of the Nihil
MAG Rock of Taelosia
PAL Light of Order
NEC Night Fire
RNG Sylvan Light
SHD Mental Horror
SHM Balance of the Nihil
WIZ Black Ice

Eril is for the group of spells that used to drop from Chavoor:
BRD Dark Echo
BST Trushar's Frost
CLR Order
DRU Sylvan Embers
ENC Madness of the Ibbiki
MAG Monster Summoning IV
PAL Holy Order
NEC
RNG Sylvan Call
SHD
SHM Daluda's Mending
WIZ Telaka

Urim

Thanks, ill test that out next time i see one drop.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Grymlok

Are these still no drop?  If so, what the hell was the point of this change?

The Berserker: Foecussed

Mahes

Point being that when you kill a named and get your 5th rotting copy of the Mage spell, you'll now get a rune that has the possibility of granting one of 12 spells.  The odds of it rotting are more rare.

Frehn Lunarfury

I was thinking (hoping) whatever class turned in the stone got thier class specific spell from that batch of spells.

Grymlok

/bonk self

Was entirely too early in the day when I read that.

Ukator Iceblood

Now they need to make the spells that are gotten from turnin dropable (ala specs/parchs/runes) we have something. This is a very nice change. I just think making them sellable would be good for beasts needing coin, and other beasts that won't see those drops ever.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Grymlok

I could see them making the stones themselves droppable, but they won't make the spells droppable, I wouldn't think.  The whole idea is that somone has to have purchased the expansion in order to get the upgrades from it.  If the scrolls were droppable, that wouldn't be the case.  However, if the stones themselves were droppable, you would still have to do the turn-in in GoD zones, so would require purchasing the expansion.

Ukator Iceblood

True, PoP came with 5 levels so the spells could be dropable. Good point.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Ukator Iceblood

DRU Sylvan Infusion
Got this tonight in Ferubi. No rune, just the spell. So its not changed in all instances.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Grymlok

Interesting.  I killed a rare in KT earlier today, and it dropped two different runes (the pally got the equivalent of the old stone, and the other bst did a turn-in for our new dot).  I guess this was only changed in the flag+ zones.

Elyias Steelfang

Not sure if Turepta used to drop in sewers but another bst in guild got it last night from sewer 3 or 4, cant remember which.

Also got some spell drops 2 days ago in Vxed and it was just the spells and not stones.

Luckily they did not rot.

Ukator Iceblood

Damn that sucks. I'm not in KT but can do sewers/ferubi and group in Vxed (not trying to beat it, just for loot). Wish it was a change in all spots.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony