Main Menu

Permafrost vs Rujarkian Bile in EP/GoD

Started by Hzark, June 07, 2004, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzark

On the face of it Permafrost (150 DD cold) is a better proc than Rujarkian Bile (125DD poison), but do the resists of mobs in EP/GoD tip the balance in favour of the poison proc?
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Tastian

Only time I like ruj over perma is in water.  Overall though I still run perma main because the proc is just better and overall it's a bigger boost to dps than ruj is for me.

Dummkopf

If youre in GoD chances are your weapon has a type 8 slot, there is a 150dd version of the ruj proc and i prefer that over the permafrost. I used perfmafrost for quite some time but i rather have the ruj slot now, i get less resists on it (i change my procs around quite often though).

Tastian

Hehe I currently have every main proc including 75 hp lifetap except for yak proc on some weapon of mine lol.  I keep waiting for them to let me remove them without destorying them so I don't have to burn more points on them.  Like dum said if you can use the 150 poison proc I'd go with that, but the question specifically was on the 150 cold verse 125 poison so I'd go with perma aug in that case.  If you have the type 8 then I'd go with the 150 poison.

Hzark

I don't see me getting a type 8 slot weapon any time soon. My guild is in Ikkinz trials and the Jagged Onyx Staff might drop, but I can't see my getting it as a new member of guild. Guild DPS would get more mileage out of giving it to monks. (But I finally got around to maxing my 1HB just in case).
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

Bengali

I haven't noticed the resist rate to really hurt Permafrost in the EP, etc.  It sucks in the Plane of Water, but so does poison for that matter. :)   In GoD it's pretty much a wash.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dumpty

All you mainly need to look at is where you are fighting and see "Do my Nukes land?"  if yes the the permafrost one will as well/better it has a neg30? cr check.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Tastian

Permafrost (150dd cold) is -25

Ruj bile (125dd poison) is -10

Ruj venom(150dd poison, type 8) is -25

Derrict

Pulled up old parsed to see land rates on the Ruj Poison and Ruj venom:

Ruj Poison, 92.5% land rate
Ruj Venom, 95.7% land rate

Parse on same lvl 61 perma rooted parse mob.
[65 Marauder] Derrict (Halfling) - Retired
[65 Feral Lord]Ferome (Vah Shir) - Retired

Hzark

I finally got around to doing SCF AA and I notice that permafrost can crit with it. I have yet to see a crit on Rujarkian bile - is that affected by SCF too?
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

Derrict

all of the augs are direct damage and can crit.
[65 Marauder] Derrict (Halfling) - Retired
[65 Feral Lord]Ferome (Vah Shir) - Retired