Main Menu

Kizash's Boots

Started by Latang, June 16, 2004, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latang

Anyone got these yet? Wondering if the pet aug was a significant upgrade from the Potime one, or if people have some dps/max hit/max hp info for the pet it summons. Just curious, currently have potime boots (which have spellshield - woot) and would really like to know if the upgrade would be worth the loss of the spellshield...

Latang

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Urim

From what i have heard the focus effect is broken atm. The pet still hits for 86 max just like with Minion of Eternity.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Shirrkarn Ayge

Can confirm max hit of warder with Kizash's boots is 86
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Rarrum

from soe bst boards:
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=488

QuoteAshlanne:
Hello Beastlords,

I have an update on this thread... The development team member I spoke with states that this will be change so that 88 should be the max hit.  This will go into effect next time we update which hasn't been scheduled yet to my knowledge.

This message was posted on June 7.  Anyone confirm that it is still broken as of the June 17th patch?

Urim

Quotemember I spoke with states that this will be change so that 88 should be the max hit.
IMO, that is still broken. 88 is only a 2 hit upgrade to Minion of Eternity and im not sure how much of an upgrade it is for mages but i would hazard a guess thats it more than just a +2 upgrade.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Rhaynne

(shrug) I like my boots anyways.

Only Kizash stuff I'm even interested in are gloves, arms and maybe the hat... though losing Faerun would probably poo poo that for me.

Bengali

Quote from: Urim
Quotemember I spoke with states that this will be change so that 88 should be the max hit.
IMO, that is still broken. 88 is only a 2 hit upgrade to Minion of Eternity and im not sure how much of an upgrade it is for mages but i would hazard a guess thats it more than just a +2 upgrade.

As stated in that thread, it's a +6 upgrade for mages.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yiktiki

So now that people are actually getting the Kizash gear, has anyone come up with a work around for the 10/20k price tags?  Is that just an unfortunate truth?  Its moot to me since I'm not playing now, but I was not one to have much cash... i would have had to sell gear to pay for upgrades, I was wondering how others were dealing with that.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Bengali

There's no way around the costs, but at least some guilds are paying the costs from overflowing guild coffers.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sempai

I got the boots last night. Did a few LDoNs today and my pet was still only hitting for 86 with a max crit of 142 as of June 18.

:cry:
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

seamusmc

Quote from: YiktikiSo now that people are actually getting the Kizash gear, has anyone come up with a work around for the 10/20k price tags?  Is that just an unfortunate truth?  Its moot to me since I'm not playing now, but I was not one to have much cash... i would have had to sell gear to pay for upgrades, I was wondering how others were dealing with that.

Didn't hear when you retired Yiktiki, sad to hear though. Thank you for your contribution to the community. :D

Anyhoo, there is no way around it. I'm fortunate in that I duo with my wife and we enjoy doing level 65 LDON's together. We use a twink to get us in and not only do we farm easy points this way, but we generate a pretty good cash flow. A lot of those crap items that drop are used for tradeskills and sell for 50p a pop. I've seen us get 1k a piece after 3 LDON's plus what we can get from droppables.