Main Menu

Potime Beastlord channel

Started by Latang, June 21, 2004, 04:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bananea

Yeah Rugom, it's still active too. :)

I don't see the point of this though, it will be invaded by the lower levels regardless or the twink beastlords that skipped all content and went straight to Elemental or Time.

But I'm an elitest jerk off so don't listen to me.

Jozath

This has been done in a couple other classes I have played and has always seemed to me like a good idea.

While I am no where near time (still rounding up pita flags), it would be something else to look forward to in getting there.
Jozath - 70 - Beastlord - Bristlebane

Volsykat

I wouldn't mind seeing this, and maybe one for Elemental and up...I know I'm in rare form as a Raid Leader Beastlord, and we've only recently broken into the EPs -- we have a large number flagged, but are still backflagging more to ensure once we begin farming, we'll always have a decent sized raid force.  While I have a few places and people I ask about details and/or tactics on rings and mini's, some of them are contradictory, and others out of date, so it would be nice to have somewhere I can ask, from people still doing it or past it, how they handled it and what it was like.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

shenker

Glad it's still active Bananea since I wasn't sure if it was still around due to the mass exodus of people.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Ceggo

I'd love to see a channel like this started.  You could make it passworded and to get the password you have to private-message a moderator or something on this board.  Then you could tell the password to other l33t beastlords on your server (who may or may not read this board) that you deem worthy of joining the channel.  Also, it could be heavily moderated.  Just boot the idiots that spam :)

Eatbugs

I gave up on the serverwide channel about a year ago.  I suspect this one would end up with the same problems eventually, but you never know.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

neight

Quote from: JillieMTBut how would you stop this from becoming what beastlords:beastlords became?

Have a channel owner (and/or a group of moderators) who play regularly, and actually moderate the channel.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Karaja

QuoteAlso, beastlords are, generally, not raid leaders and, thus, would not need to plan raid strategies since they are, once again, generally, handled by officers and raid leaders.

And this matters why? I am not a raid leader, but i sure as hell helped my guild make the strategies for multiple god kills...

I would very much be in favor of this channel  :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920168&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Karaja Neverdawn, Barbarian Savage Lady
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920170&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Sheane Arrowless, Forest Stalker
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920169&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Seductre Digimortal, Dreadlord in the making
Luclin

Gospodar

Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Evilsunshinne

Konjii, youi dont even join the guild BL channel.  I feel so lonely =(

Grymlok

Feh, so that's where you vanished to, Evilsun  :P

The Berserker: Foecussed

Evilsunshinne

Ya, I couldnt handle starting raids at 12a-1a CST and having an abnormal sleeping schedule.

Klav

umm this channel has existed for quite some time.
although during GoD it drastically declined i am happy to see some new faces in the channel.
Some questions about this channel that i can answer.
Usually to get into this channel you are referred and invited by someone who represents you from that server ( how did that person get there? usually they are tight friends)
In the beginnging I believe it was Madeline from Vallon Zek who created the channel.  And the best beastlords that were on eqrankings( i believe, since i had little to no connection with any other beastlords from different servers). But for now most of the beastlords in the channel belong to guilds that are doing atleast qvic raids.
hope that helps any.
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby

Leatherneck

When I was playing my monk main, the Sensei channel was a very nice escape from serverwide.monks.  I got-and gave-some useful information both from when I was leading raids on a regular basis and just out exping.

I have serverwide.beastlords autojoined but always leave it within a minute or so of logging on.  An alternative would be nice.