Main Menu

Txevu

Started by Latang, July 07, 2004, 04:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latang

Out of curiousity, does anyone like this zone?

I mean, Ikk raids were ok, same zone file for each one, but it wasn't too bad really. Uqua was painful to start out with, but once the strats are down it's a fun 3 hours or so. Qvic is just an armor farming zone, and doing the m'sha's for the 5th time and past it is dull, but it's nice and outdoorsy so I can deal with that. Inktuwhatever is awsome fun the whole way through...

But Txevu is cramped, trash mobs hit hard as a truck and have heaps of hp, there are a whole bunch of roamers that pop on you as soon as you CR from nasty_named_mob_01... I can't stand the place...

Someone tell me that it gets more fun as you go through it, we've done 4 or 5 raids there, and it's hard to log in knowing we will do qvic named then straight into txevu and get gangbanged by trash... We had 2 great mauls of the mighty rot in one night cause 3 named dropped them in 1 raid.

BTW, I missed out on VT (quit at start of SoL and restarted mid-way through PoP) and tho I have heard that VT was a long, boring clear-fest of trash mobs... This the same sorta thing?

Inspire me, I think I'm burning out.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Khayden

Have no idea what Texvu is like, but VT is a couple of hours of trash clearing to place coh bots once, and then you can spend 5 hours in there and scoop 25 loots off 7 or 8 named, only having to kill about 40-50 trash mobs.  

I'm sure it was worse back before PoP when trash didn't die quite so fast but if you can find it up and get the bots in it's great RvR.

The named fights are insanely dull apart from the Gflux ones though, think 1.2-2 million hp with luclin style mitigation...

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Urim

I feel the same way Latang. After a couple of raids into Txevu it lost its wonder. It reminds me WAY too much of all the hours and hours in VT but without the easy loot every so often. However, i do like the named encounters in this zone almost as much as the named in InkTu'Ta. The gladiator event is fun and original (however i wish they would allow the person fighting to use a pet!) as well as the Ancient Cragbeast Matriarch event. Also there are those couple mobs that drop the legs and bp molds frequently and are easy to kill so i guess that somewhat makes up for the cramped, mob filled boredom of clearing to these encounters. I think the zone will wind up being a pretty fun zone once all strats are learned and can clear through it relatively quickly.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Choppin

yea the clearing is a bit dull, and the encounters seemed to change over the last weeks ...to the worse (and F*** the 3 pct stun resist aug on same loottable as muramite bp, legs, and the rot maul)

ah well at least there is no limit on how many ppl you can bring, just wish last inktuta encounter would be changed back to a sane, winnable level to get actually a few more ppl into texvu
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Latang

The Noq encounter is a flakey one, last time we did it more or less flawless, no wipes at all (lotsa deaths, but there always is for us). The time before we failed 4 times before we ran out of CR time. It's still more fun than Txevu.

Urim

QuoteThe Noq encounter is a flakey one, last time we did it more or less flawless, no wipes at all (lotsa deaths, but there always is for us). The time before we failed 4 times before we ran out of CR time. It's still more fun than Txevu.
I would glady do Txevu every day rather than having to do Noq again. Inktuta is a great zone and all of the encounters are fun except for one, i just extremely hate the Noq encounter in its entirety and do not look forward to flagging recruits should we need any down the road.
Maelin Starpyre

Latang

I can understand that... when it's not working well, it's as bad as uqua, or worse. But if everything goes according to plan it works well.

Valsuvious

I really don't think that Noqufiel is that bad of an encounter.  In fact, I do think it's a great encounter, but I think that we (my guild) makes it alot harder than it is by not paying attention to what's going on.  I think that we could cut it down to a 20 min fight tops instead of 1h15m if peope just pay attention.  I personally enjoy this because I get to use my pet, and I feel that I pay a bit of a role in making sure that people don't die.

Urim

Quoteand I feel that I pay a bit of a role in making sure that people don't die.
So that's why you like this fight, its the one fight you don't die on!  :P
Maelin Starpyre

Valsuvious

Quote from: Urim
Quoteand I feel that I pay a bit of a role in making sure that people don't die.
So that's why you like this fight, its the one fight you don't die on!  :P

Hey.. for the record I've only died once in all the combined Inktu'tu runs we've done.. and that was from one of the cursecallers when I couldn't get him targeted as he was chasing me.

Maybe I should go back through my records to see how many times that you got smoked by Noqufiel the last time we did him :)

Rhaynne

Feel free.  But then I'll just go through a pull up all the times you've died on everything else!

Urim

Maelin Starpyre

Gurul Gnomemuncher

Quotejust wish last inktuta encounter would be changed back to a sane, winnable level to get actually a few more ppl into texvu

Think everyone is feeling this atm, SoE tweaked Noq event just a little to much imo..
Gurul Gnomemuncher - Feral Lord <Raging Fury>

Latang

We were a little late getting through Inktuta, so we were never able to attempt Noq before he was buffed. Out of curiousity, how did they change him?