Main Menu

Rumor or Fact?

Started by Xarilok, August 05, 2004, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarilok

Rumors of Savagery having its peridot cost removed on test were circulating in my guild recently (my guild is like 1/4 BLs lol) and I was wondering if this was true or not?  

As it is right now, its not as useful as it could be, and for those that dont want to level to 65 asap, its an unfair penalty.  Why should one have to level to 65 just to get an upgrade that doesn't cost 100p an hour to use.

I would like to get some AAs in the 60s, before I get 65, but as it is now, I might just level to 65 just to save some plat. =/
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Yiktiki

While I hate to be a snot, cuz I know I hated paying for a Peridot, I don't see that there is good reason to remove it.  Level 60 Shaman still have to pay for their Avatar spell, only at 65 and Ferine Avatar do they get their component requirement removed.  That was the Beastlord argument at the time, why did they get the better spell w/out component and we still had to pay.  So they removed it for us.

In looking at the Lucy Spell lists... it doesn't appear that they have changed anything about savagery on Test.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=2941&source=Test
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Oneiromancer

Well, I would certainly say if Savagery got its component removed, then so should Avatar.  I remember going through a stack of Peridots because I didn't realize that it was a component until I ran out...and then I used it maybe once more before I hit 65 and had Ferocity.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Xarilok

I heard that avatar was getting its peridot cost removed too.

So should that druid spell that stops the rain, even tho its an opal.

I am just wondering why, at 60, did you carry a stack of peridot on you anyway?
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Oneiromancer

Several reasons.  I like paying for Temperance/Virtue with peridots, instead of cash.  If I was in a pickup group and I got a Temperance/Virtue, I gave the cleric a peridot or two.  If the cleric was a rich one but happened to run out, then I had extras for backup.  I still carry them around for that purpose, and they still come in handy for that purpose.

I like to spoil the person that keeps me alive.  :D

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Liga

I still carry a stack of dots on me.  For a forgetful cleric or necro, or for those times when someone in the raid needs some resist boosts and Im full on the fero cycle.  Its not like I will sorely miss the single inventory slot.  I also carry a stack of emeralds too.

As for the component being removed, I highly doubt it would be...ever.  If anyone is in need of a component removal, its clerics.  Once upon a time when dots were at a premium for buffs, clerics used to make out like bandits by getting gems(ah the seb days) which way outweighed the costs they spent on buffing the group.  But today, they barely spend as much in comparison to the old days.  A cleric with aa and focus can click HoV(2 dots) for 4 hours.  Back when it was no where near that.  This is without deaths obviously.  Sony is HUGE on this money sink thing since the plat duping scandal that went on recently.  Removing a component of a seldom used spell is the furthest thing from their minds logically.  Pretty soon, we wont even think about Sav because we'll have Fero of Hawthik to use with regular Fero.

Eatbugs

I recently stopped carrying my stack of dots - I hadn't used 'em (even to supply a Cleric) in about six months and needed to free up some bag space.

I doubt they'll ever remove the component cost from Savagery.  There are a number of similar level spells for other classes that require components, (thank god I'm not a necro, although pets zoning must have cut their costs down a bit) and it's hard to imagine any of them having the component cut without doing all of them.

Still, stranger things have happened...
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal