Main Menu

Omen of War spells

Started by Yingoku, August 22, 2004, 05:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yingoku

I think it's odd that we didnt get any upgrade cure poison and disease. Do you guys think we should get a new form of cure poison/disease like such as spiritual purity or something that cures at the level of abolish or slightly higher?

Counteract poison is a pain when trying to get rid of Fumination in Txevu. >.<

Maybe something to cure in 2 casts or so insead of 6 times. heh.

What do you guys think? should we have a new different form of cure poison/disease?

-Yingoku

Choppin

Yea, I posted something like that in omens spellthread in spellarea, while I see no need for a better disease cure (well maybe a grp version),

I really think a way better poison cure and something against curses, would be way more helpful than a generic "new" copy and add 10 pct spell. (I would think rangers should get the same curing abilities if we would get anything)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

bummp

I like the idea of a combo cure like the priest classes get (and maybe paladins).  At lvl 66 to 70, I don't see the imbalance of giving us the equivalent a lvl 52 priest spell.
Master Bummp Indanite
Feral Lord of Bristlebane, 67 seasons and counting
Veeshan's Fury

a_moss_snake_001

Abolish Poison would be nice. Counteract doesnt cut it anymore.

Rarrum

I think our disease cure is fine.  We get a clicky (usable from inventory even) for Abolish Disease at the high end, which is nice especially when your not expecting to need it.  Counteract poison could use an improvement of some sort by 70 though.  More than a poison improvement though, I'd like to see a weak version of remove curse.  Just something that would be useful enough to cure it after a fight, but not strong enough for battle use.

Gourgeous George

I like it! This lack of curage niggles at me. Clerics can cure curses, and in turn Pallies. Shaman get it but we don't. Don't remember Druids getting good cures so see no reason to let Rangers in on the line.

Maybe that's because of the old root argument where all the Hybrids whose parent class get root or snare get one or both also, except for shaman transferring root to Bst.
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

kierstaad

Quote from: RarrumI think our disease cure is fine.  We get a clicky (usable from inventory even) for Abolish Disease at the high end, ...

What item are you referring to, Rarrum?

Dummkopf

He is referring to Phoenix Claw Talisman, that neck drops in fire off the arch mage and can be very rare, my current guild got not one drop during theyre time in ele, my former guild got several and nearly all beastlords got it (me too, still in my backpack). Thanks to Rarrum i noticed its inventory clickable...

Skratchen

Why is it that all other hybrids have 3 spells at level 66 and beastlords only get 2?  Also, why is it that beastlords need to wait 3 levels before getting a new pet spell, where other pet classes that have pets get their new pet spell at level 66 and level 67?  Something smells rotten in Denmark and it isn't the cheese.

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Tastian

Yeah I was just talking about this the other night.  Atm even bards get 3 songs at 66 and beastlords get 2.  Also we get fewer spells overall atm with 16 instead of ~19.  

I also think the division of spells is lame atm.  At 66 I honestly don't care if I get either.  CB is a nuts on aggro, and new pet heal is still too slow.  I could use, but the runes will be rotting before I bother with them atm.  At 67 they are all nice little upgrades to spells we've got, at 68 it's just power.  New pet, new pet proc, new pet haste.  I want every spell there now now now!!! lol.  Then there's level 70 that has our final pet that I'm really looking forward to, an overpriced fero upgrade and a long duration disease dot that most still don't want.  

That ignores the other issues like SA being 10/10 instead of 11/11.  All of the issues I've seen/heard/etc have been feedbacked and passed along, if you've got others post away.  I'd still like to see some of those PH spells turn into something good.  Upgraded cure like was mentioned in this thread, new haste (longer duration, etc if you don't wanna boost the % hasted), maybe a beastlord only self buff with some of the new % mods on it, etc.  Oh wells we'll have to wait and see.

Skratchen

Quote from: Tastian..... maybe a beastlord only self buff with some of the new % mods on it, etc.  Oh wells we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah Tast,  I also suggested/mentioned in another thread that it would be great if we got a new version of frenzy remaining as a self only buff that would have some % mods(I'd really like a %dmg mod personally) like our big brother shaman buffs.  I don't think it would be out of line and we're not taking any wind out of shaman's sails since what you and I are alluding to is a self only buff.

And as someone else pointed out, I wouldn't mind a combined disease/poison cure spell.  Also as you pointed out, some kind of a improved haste spell would also be welcome.  That's about all I can think of for now.  

I hope you can help open SOE's developer's eyes to these issues.  Right now, I have to think that a vast majority of Beastlords are underwhelmed by the spells proposed thus far for us in OoW.  It doesn't have to be that way when it goes live............ hopefully

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...