Main Menu

Flurry of CLaws targeting?

Started by Sharrien, October 21, 2010, 01:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

Apologize if this was already discussed elsewhere.

I just got Flurry of Claws yesterday.  It strikes a max of 3 random targets in an arc in front of you.  What surprised me was that our warder, swarm pets, mercs and party members are all eligible.  When I box my mage which I do most of the time, I tank and I face the rest of the party so that all the pets get a good shot at the mob's backside.  With all those possible targets I was only actually hitting the mob about half the time, the other half all 3 hits were used up on my allies.

This doesn't seem like it's supposed to work this way.  I wish I'd had more time to hunt in beta and bring this up before HoT was released.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

bradam

Sharrien's warder has been slain by Sharrien!

lol that screenshot would make for a good sig

Sharrien

Hehe, I could have gotten one of those after I stopped it from murdering healers during a Kithicor raid last year.

It doesn't damage any of the good guys.  On my mage I see a message saying "Sharrien tries to cast a spell on you but you are protected" or some such.
Maelin Starpyre

Sikkem

I have been told by a chanter that it goes through walls also.

Apparently I was breaking her mezz every time I used it.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Camikazi

Quote from: Sikkem on October 22, 2010, 12:21:48 AM
I have been told by a chanter that it goes through walls also.

Apparently I was breaking her mezz every time I used it.
The joys of learning the ins and outs of Cone AE spells :) specially the first one.

Sharrien

I sent a PM to Aristo yesterday about this.  As it is now, Flurry has very little usefulness since it often doesn't even strike the mob and has an even smaller chance of getting a strike on more than one mob.

I haven't used any AE spells in a while, do other hit-limited spells like rains work the same way?  Can their hits be wasted by targeting players, pets and mercs?
Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

Quote from: Sharrien on October 22, 2010, 02:57:23 PM
I haven't used any AE spells in a while, do other hit-limited spells like rains work the same way?  Can their hits be wasted by targeting players, pets and mercs?

Bards had a similar issue with the new PBAE mez they got in Underfoot. It was counting auras as potential targets, and missing monsters.

It's fixable, they just need to patch for it.

Eatmice

this spells works great, not a huge radius and it is a cone AE. i've used this with mezzed in area and right next to me. never broke mez. I just make sure i am not looking at the mezzed mobs. usually put them behind me. Great damage. did a 13k crit. (total from the attacks) non disc. So i like it. Very easy to control.

Nusa

Congratulations, that's called good control, and I agree that it's a nice tool to have around.

That said, the spell CAN break mezzes, and the spell CAN pull mobs through walls. You NEED to know the dangers around you when you use it. Never, ever, put this on a spam key.

Eatmice

very true, i was basically stating that people shouldnt be afraid to play with it. see exactly how it works and when to use it. i gave a few examples of what to do with mezzed in area. Before i got it. i almost didnt buy it from all the forums saying it isnt worth a damn. or its too hard to use and what not. Just reassuring everyone it is a great spell and dont be afraid to play it and be cautious til you get the hang of it.    :-D