Main Menu

Sphinx Fight

Started by negrismorte, October 19, 2004, 12:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

negrismorte

Others have already posted locations.

What I found on Friday (15 Oct) as a 66 VS Bst (mostly ele gear):

Both were green.

The first one started at indif to me but scowled at my partners (human cleric, gnome wizzie).  Once I hailed, the faction went up to warmyly IIRC.  I did the dialogue and ran to the 2nd sphinx.  It was on the run I noticed that I was warmly so I don't know exactly at what point it jumped.

The 2nd sphinx was warmly to me but scowling to my partners.  I did the hail and dialogue.  The Rambling Sphinx popped and died with little incedent. Max hit seemed to be 686 but rarely hit that high.  It runs on low health.  I looted and did turn-in.  The newly restored sphinx aggro'd my partners but despawned before doing any real damage.

We ran to the first sphinx to do turn-in, ally now.  The Raving Sphinx popped and engaged.  This mob was not fully slowable and had a DS.  By the time the mob was half dead, my pet (fully buffed 64 w/DPoC) was at half also.  This one also seemed to have more HP as slow wore off unexpectedly.  I then died to a series of lucky hits coupled with RL distraction.  Cleric died right after I did followed by the wizzie.

We ran back, looted, rebuffed as 20min later the Raving was still up.  Just as I was about to pull, it despawned  :shock:

Well, not all was lost. On a whim, I went back to check the 2nd sphinx and it was back up again.  Whoot, redid the trigger phase and redid the Rambling fight.  Looted, turned in, got sash, went back to the first.

The first was still lying down.  I took a chance and hailed.  He said I had something for him.  I did the turn-in and up comes the Ravishing again.

We were better prepared this time.  Mark of Kings and Retribution to get rid of the DS and give him a taste of his own medicine.  Killed it this time very quickly.  Got the drop and did turn-in.

Rathe Mountain fight complete.

Persa

I did this fight yesterday and it was very easy...i did it with me, a druid, a mage, and a warrior.  Both of the spawned names went down with a breeze our druid only healed 2 times through both fights.  Its nothing major to worry about :)   To me this fight was like a breather from having to fight and get that darn wolf to spawn in ME.  :!:  :shock:
-Animist Persa Nality
-69 Beastlord of Vazaelle Server
~My uba beast loots =-D~
~My Guild Site~