Main Menu

DDA - Final Fight strat Questions.

Started by Kovu, November 02, 2004, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovu

Ok, i'm up to final fight and have found the room where the spawn happens.  Can we say OMG that room is so small.  When I checked there were 3 yardtrash mobs in DDA's room and a few kyv and ukun roamers in tunnel.  I know to kill them and get them out of the way but how do the kiters even kite ?  There is NO room for kiting in the room.  One post said have all pullers target a warder and have them run in opposite directions LMAO if they got all the mobs back down the tunnel and outside then ,yes, i can see that happening BUT not inside tunnel or the room at all.  This room is not the size of a football field in fact if it were a tiny bit smaller, you would be inside the Main Bank in PoK.

1. "Confused on how exactly the kiters did their jobs and WHERE."

Asked an Enchanter recently if anyone could use DC pets or charm yardtrash for extra DPS.  Answer. zone prob doesn't have mobs low enough to DC, but that is not confirmed.  Q. can you charm mobs there that aren't DC. A. yes, should be able to as long as they don't summon.

2. Can anyone confirm DC pets in RCoD, if so which ones?
3. Can anyone confirm NON-DC pets that don't summon, and which ones?

My view on the layout.  Start at Tunnel entrance: this tunnel leads to Y shape at the top of each Y-point is a SMALL circular room top Nth room or the one to left is room DDA spawns in.  Unless the kiters pulled the warders straight through the raid party (assuming raid party is on steps leading into DDA's room) so MT and healers could stay on steps and then druid could back-tag the train and get DDA back to that same room, I am not getting a clear picture of the kiting method at all.  Running in opposite dicrections is NOT possible, unless you are outside. To get all mobs outside and kited around to split up would have to make sure all Yardtrash was killed in a big area and enc mezzing all over the place?

If anyone can clear up my confusion on kiting method and or help with the enc pet questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully

Kovu Kingcat
70 Bst

Eatbugs

If you're going to kite, it will have to be outside.  The splitting method we've been using since the change relies on having the raid well away from the room where the mobs spawn to give the pullers room.

As for Enchanters charming, don't bother - charm has been nerfed HARD in OOW zones.  Charmed mobs hit for approximately a third of their normal max hit while charmed, then revert to full damage when charm breaks and they go after the chanter.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Kovu

That was what I needed to know :)

Kovu

BriguyFV

I have always enjoyed the company of Bards. Anyone know if a bard could pull this named mob out of his area? If not sounds like we are going to need ALOT of tanks. Or single pull the pets until you get them all killed?
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

Oneiromancer

Briguy, there are many strategies posted on this board about this fight now...you should probably read them as your questions have pretty much been answered.  All of the mobs have a huge aggro radius so you need to pull them very far away to split them...single pulling from the main room just isn't going to happen.  So yes, get lots of tanks or follow the pulling strategies that people have gotten to work.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Meeshna

Hmmm, I have been reading all the different strategies on this and how almost every technique on this has had to be a bit different.  Has anyone even thought that maybe Sony pulled a fast one on this fight by making it so that it could be different every time it's triggered?!?!?!

Just a thought.
Questing Vah Shir

Eatbugs

The techniques are different, but they all deal with the same facts - the mobs aren't tethered, they have huge aggro and assist ranges, and they don't path back to their spawn points.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Meeshna

I only brought up the fact that this fight may change slightly with each trigger because someone just posted I believe on Nov 4th.

Here is what Rhugan posted: "Did something change with this event in the last couple of days? I was in RCoD watching this guild attempt the final fight and when they tried to pull the mobs outside they would leash back into the room. Does this mean that the mobs cannot be slit any more because they are leashed to the DA room? Anyone else see this before?"

Was just a thought.
Questing Vah Shir

garios

just attempted the DDA fight on november 7th the mobs were not teathered but the pets ramaged instead of flurrying
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Eatbugs

Quote from: gariosjust attempted the DDA fight on november 7th the mobs were not teathered but the pets ramaged instead of flurrying

Half of them appear to rampage, the other half flurry.  It may be random - I haven't been keeping track of which rampage and flurry each time, maybe it's possible to have all of them spawn with rampage or all with flurry.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal