Main Menu

Back for some more input * sigh *

Started by Rhyce, December 22, 2005, 09:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhyce

Okay as it stands right now the Druid has decided to 2 box a Cleric. This will give us better healing and rez, which with us both learning to 2 box may well be needed  :-D. She will use the druid for our ports/escape, buffs, mana regen, snare when needed, and DPS.

So now we are down to what I should try and play as a second with the BL. I'm thinking possibly Necro. This will give us good DoT's, pet and FD pulling, back up snare, more mana regen, corpse summons and emergency rez's for the cleric. Other option might be a shaman for more buffs, even more healing, pet pulling, plus the panther line, and added slows/haste.

Am I on the right track here? I think with good AA's and some of the gear that we can buy on FV the BL should be a suitable tank.

As always any input is welcome
Rhyce of Firiona Vie

shenk

If you are going between necro or shaman, I'd go necromancer.

Necromancer has better dps, in fact you find you aren't good at 2boxing, the necro's pet will probably add enough dps.  At higher levels, you can buy a 3+ hr kei to help with mana regen, cast oak with your druid, SA with your beast lord and mind wreck.  All you need now is a bard in the mix and you'll never run out.

Another advantage with a necro is that since your bst will be your only melee class (and no taunt, and with the poison line DoT aggro nerf/fix, however you look at it) it may be helpful to box a toon that can FD off the aggro if you put out too much dps for  your bst to hold aggro.

All a shaman offers are better slows and better buffs.  Personally, when I play, if I have a shaman in the group, I get shaman buffs, if not, my own buffs are good enough.

Though I would probably recommend you boxing the cleric with your beastlord, and your druid boxing a tank class, you'll be a more rounded group and at high end able to take on bigger challanges.  From the sound of it, I'd go SK over paly/war so that you can FD/Pet pull.  The paly does have a rez incase your cleric goes down, but chances are if your cleric went down, your paly went first.

Chickennuggets

While I can appreciate the love of a Beastlord... if you are considering a shammie... then maybe a plate tank would be the best option instead of the Beast.  The beast will never be able to tank the big stuff later on, and your group would have the trinity plus a DPS class in there.  Obviously a Beastlord is the best class in the game... but not the best tank.  Although Bham's team does very well, but he has a lot more DPS going, so the Beast doesn't actually have to tank as long.  I dunno just rambling until the coffee is finished brewing.

2 copper from an overtired, overworked, under EQed Beast.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Hinthi

I will still hold with boxing a magician.  A necro will bring lots of DPS to the table.  A magician will bring comparable DPS to the table.  The advantage of a magician is malo.  Being able to lower mobs resists so you can stick slows, and other spells for that matter, is really really nice.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Banvaren

You will want a tank, imo. You will find that once you are going to typical lvl 70 places like RS and DoD missions the bst will not cut it. Since you have heals covered in access, I would pick between SK and War. The SK will allow you to FD pull singles while the War will offer a bit more tankage.

Rhyce

I can see I should go with Shaman/tank as my 2 box, but give up my BL  :-o I'm not sure I can do that.  * wonders if a 5th account could be slipped in unnoticed by my other half * Perhaps when the new EQ Titanium comes out I could win the battle over adding another account. I could keep my BL for soloing and play the tank/shaman in our little group.

All our characters are little yet so there is no big " having to catch up/PL them to add them". Right now I"m just glad to be back in EQ and having fun again.

About the new slow, does it still get resisted quite a bit with the modifier?

Currently we don't have Darkhollow, is there decent exp/AA content in it? How is the BL for slowing on the higher level mobs?

Again thank you for everything. I have to say this board has a nice group of folks that give sound advice. Even to the extent of looking beyond the class this board is all about * bows *

Rhyce of Firiona Vie

Kanan

<3 our new slow.  Yes it does get resisted, but the rate is so much less than it used to be.  There are pretty much only a few mobs where I have to recast slow more than once.  Its funny what difference a -20 resist mod makes really ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

shenk

Quote from: Kanan on December 22, 2005, 08:56:57 PM
<3 our new slow.  Yes it does get resisted, but the rate is so much less than it used to be.  There are pretty much only a few mobs where I have to recast slow more than once.  Its funny what difference a -20 resist mod makes really ;p

amen to that.  Though it seems either it lands on the first try, or it takes 3-5 to get one to stick.

Utqnia

Someone said it above...

Each of you needs a Melee and a caster.

SK is the only real option in a boxed group.  Uber aggro to ensure nobody else gets hit during the entire fight.  It helps in 2boxing the cleric.  Just keep SK targeted.

My current setup (2box Cleric Beast) I setup certain hotkeys.

/gsay Complete Heal %t
/cast 1
/cast 1

/gsay Quick Heal %t
/cast 2
/cast 2

/gsay Heal Over Time %t
/cast 3
/cast 3

/assist
/gsay Rooting %t
/cast 4
/cast 4
/tar Utqnia

/assist
/gsay Nuking %t
/cast 5
/cast 5
/tar utqnia

/gsay Gating

I promise you these will help your 2 boxing career mucho.

But take the advice of making a SK, which with your buddy, you take the cleric, he takes the SK, and here is why.

When you are not both on at the same time, you can each still 2 box your team.  Dru/Sk and Clr/Bst  (I personally would swap, but sounds like the dru is his main.)

Good luck...
/cast 8
/cast 8