Main Menu

About beast in ME spawn rate...

Started by Tastian, September 30, 2004, 01:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Ok final stats are 27 hours and 7 nameds before I got the drop, had to kite it in the end since it seems to be beefed up so much.

Fionnah

Just so that people realize... 1 in 6 or even 1 in 8 isn't "ultra rare".  It's uncommon.  Rare would be 1 in 20, ultra rare would be 1 in 100.

Unfortunately it's a rare spawn with an uncommon drop.  The real problem is that it only has 1 ph.

For those that are complaining: Try re-doing the Cleric epic 1.0 again... *that* was a pain.  Begurgle: 36 hours, Gimblebrox: 19 hours, Pearlescent Shards: 9 hours, waiting for that guy in Sol B: 18 hours.

Yes, this camp is a pain, but it's better than what many have been in the past.

Any 'epic' that you can do easily in less than a week (mine has taken 5 days actual work, counting days with raiding and not counting days where I didn't login or work on it) is not too much of a pain to get.

Risk/time vs. reward for many on this item is unbelievable.  I'm using Battle Fist and Fist of Glowing Acrylia.  This would be a huge upgrade for me and cost me less than 1/2 the amount of time it will have taken me to get the raid points I'm going to spend on the Xegony fist.

If you want to have it bad... go get one of those epics that you can't solo/duo.  I've solo'd or duo'd all but 2 fights so far.  It took 3 of us to get the PoD part and I used 5 to do the Dranik's Scar part done.  I've helped a Rogue that has needed 12 for one part and 6 for another.

We've got it easy.  I'll camp for 12 hours (this part took me 11.5 hours... SG took me 12 hours) something I can duo.

The only part I don't like about this being a long camp is the fact that it's not something you can go afk on unless you want to die.  The other ones (Siren's Grotto, Gunthak) I could afk without much worry.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

CillianFV

Well, as has been stated many times, this camp is getting fixed in the next patch.  I won't be surprised though if our Girplan Spiritleecher fight gets tuned up a bit.  People are duoing this fight (I used 4 because we did it without a healer!) and that is just not what I think SOE had intended.  Hopefully they will leave the final fight alone now that it has be tuned up a bit already.  If they make it any harder, the will risk making it impossible for smaller sized guilds.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Elder Griksh

er.. ran to ME, named was up, killed him, dropped the essence... total time, about 30 mins tops...  :D

Zyvox.

I've spent little over a week camping this.  In the entire time I've spent there, I saw one named.  As I was fighting him.  A guild trying to go to VT trained half the zone on me. ( no names, doesnt matter) After I zoned off the train and returned, the named was gone.  As mostof you know, camping there is a mix of blue and light blue mobs.  To get an idea of how long I've been there, I've made over 33% real exp in 68 on this infernal camp.  Completeing the epic would be nice, but at this rate, its burning any desire to play out of the game.

Bheran

Did 26 hours and 4 nameds before I saw my drop.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

negrismorte

Very lucky.  Camped this for about 4 hours, 3 named with one pelt.  Came back next day, camped one hour, one named, one essence.

Durew

Damn retarded, the patch didnt specify anything reguarding the bst epic, specifically this camp. Been at it like 20 hours with 2 nameds only

People need to /bug this more please
Durew - 85 Druid
Zurew - 85 Beastlord
Officer / Raid Leader - Kratos - Luclin

Tastian

Patch message lacked many beastlord related changes (good/bad).  I left brenlo a message trying to get him to update the message so people would know some of the changes that went in.  Even a dev stated directly that the fix to drop rate would go in with this patch, so I'm hopeful it made it in.

Mhordel

No way.  No how.  Was this fixed in this Patch.

That is all.
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server

Warderr

One of the Dev's posted on the official boards that many "convenience changes" to epics were made that weren't listed in the patch notes. The official boards are slammed right now and I can't do a search for the exact message.

Warderr N'Wolfie
61 BST of The Nameless
<The Fools Republic>

Zyvox.

44+ hours spent on this spawn, 2 named seen in that time.  The night following the patch, I saw 3 named in 2 hours, 3rd had the drop.  Incidentally, ones without the drop ran at 20%, one with ran at 11%

Tukash

YAY, got mine..  Total of about 14hrs, 12 before the patch with 2 spawns, then 2 hrs last night.  First spawn last night had the drop, I'm not saying the rate has changed based on some others comments since the patch.  I just got lucky I guess.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Ooklak

Maybe totally lucky here but I spent about 45 minutes on this camp. Went in, killed 2 rounds of PH's which seemed to pop about every 10 minutes or so, maybe longer, but it was fast.

Named popped, took me down to 50% health before i noticed what was going on, trained to UP, called in some friends, pulled and killed him, dropped epic piece.

Da ook