Main Menu

Class envisionment

Started by Humlaine, May 25, 2007, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

bst changes

*** EDITED****
- added in a few new things and changed some existing things on here to make it more inline with current wants / needs, numbers as follows have been edited or added , 1 , 4, 7 and 8

**********EDITED**********
1. Ferosity throw it out the window, prath already said it sucks and upgrades wouldnt really be a upgrade for it, ya its a sore subject. My suggestion is this new spell line! Aura of Ferosity, +20 to Combat Effects ( over cap ), Mana Flare ( granted this isnt same as enchy buff ) deals 200 damage to your target each time you proc, This imo would solve the best of both worlds and emimnate a buff we must keep casting over and over.

2. Paragon, This is second only to Fero I think for most of the beastlords, in its current form paragon adds +125 to mana I think, and 400hp per tick, instead of having it at a set number, I suggest it goes on a scale of what the cleric epic is on, a % base, adding 10% back to a person's mana and HP, thus making it a very viable and great upgrade for a needed AA which we are known for.

3. Pet Dps, our pet dps is by far the worst, falling behind necro's and mages since they added in procs to their pets.  I suggest booting our pet dps by a meer 10% , I think pets hp is fine , but the pet is lacking when I use batm they our parse my pet most of the time which is a sad instance.

***********EDITED***********
4. Frenzy of spirit, add a new version of this aa, adding in overhaste for both the beastlord and pet, 5% overhaste, also causing special attack's ( IE rake or jagged claw ) to cause greatly increased damage ( 100% more ) for the next minute, wouldnt be the same but would be a great addition to our already crappy AA line.

5. A new Growl upgrade! (self buff ), Spirit of the Night, beastlord and his warder are filled with visions of past battles, causing them the chance do to 150 damage ( magic based ) proc, for the next 1 mintues 30 seconds ( note should stack with panter, and storm blade), also increasing damage by 30%, and adding 2000 hp to both the beastlord and his warder

6. a Cure all in group form, unlike rangers they arent a shaman hybrid , I think we should have the same spell but with a 5% increase and in group form, it would bring our utility back to what it once was
*** NOTE *** This one isnt likely gonna happen , but it will server as a great utility in group settings ****

***NEW***
7. NEW RAKE!!!! Infuses your body with the power of the dragon, causing you, and your warders next attack to do extra magical damage, and has a change to make your enemies to slightly forget some of their past aggression towards you. ( Warder having a 20% chance to do the magical attack )

8. Form of the Feral lord - Imbunes you with the likelyness of your warder for a prolonged period of time, greatly increase your movement speed, +15 regen, and +10% accuracy overcap, would last 30 mins at first rank, 45 / 60 mins, aa would cost 3/ 6/ 9

This is a little of each persons thoughts and alot of my own gathered into what I think is a viable option for SoE to put into effect, dont turn this thread into a quote unquote complain fest or say that totally BS , I dont really wanna hear it voice your opinions and dont complain about the same thing 30 millions times SoE will just over look things if we try to drasticly or ask for huge changes

Epee

I agree with all of this.  GO GO beasts

recoil silverclaws

The paragon in % form was brought up in the last beta and devs said it wouldn't be a good idea because it wouldn't scale and there wasent any incentive to get the next lvl of the line if the last scaled all ready with a person's mana pool/hp's alltho the idea it self i like the dev's don't heh

Everything else logs great but im keeping my mouth shut about the fero part /zip = )
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Humlaine

from what I understand after talking with prath some, its a possiblity its just a last casuse but with lvl increase soon it might be viable again

Hanelce

Quote from: Humlaine on May 25, 2007, 10:14:27 PM
bst changes

1. Ferosity, ya its a sore subject, its split halfway from what I read, some want the group version, others just want the single cast to be fixed correctly. My suggestion is this, Aura of Ferosity, +20 to Combat Effects ( over cap ), and Ragging Aggression, Increases the maxximum ammount of attack you can gain from items by +250, same line as aa's but in a spell form, This imo would solve the best of both worlds and emimnate a buff we must keep casting over and over.

I like most of this, but I don't like "increases the maximum amount of attack you gain from items" .... with the AA's, I'm 10 points below my new cap.  Adding 250 attack won't help me, and I'm sure unless someone has gone crazy, and added 250 attack over cap for no reason at all - then it won't help anyone.

Quote from: Humlaine on May 25, 2007, 10:14:27 PM
I think pets hp is fine

Pet hp may be fine, but pet mitigation .. or lack there of, is where we need a fix.  If the pet is dead, from ae ramp or just ae's .. dps drops off anyway. 

Also, I'm not sure if I this is a new thing, or if pets got a stealth nerf.  Recently, in Demi my pet has been getting the DT dot.  Most of the time he just eats it with no problem.  But here lately, when the DT wears off.. pet poofs.  Also, I noticed while doing some backflagging for DK, that Daosheen dots now land on the pets, where I'm thinking they didn't before.  Dots we have NO way of curing, because we can't click the crystals for our pets.

75 Arch Animist

Humlaine

thats a bug in EQ which they are currently work on I think, as for the DT's they have always beenable to land on pets, as for the fero upgrade Idea I posted, they already said overcap attack from fero isnt a viable option so what i posted is according to prath

Hanelce

Quote from: Humlaine on May 25, 2007, 11:31:56 PM
thats a bug in EQ which they are currently work on I think, as for the DT's they have always beenable to land on pets, as for the fero upgrade Idea I posted, they already said overcap attack from fero isnt a viable option so what i posted is according to prath

Yes, the DT's have always been able to land, but the pet ate it, and just kept chuggin along.  I understand that overcap fero may not be a option, but trying to add 250 atk, over the current cap of 350?  Is tough, for most people.  I know I've looked through lots of upgrades for myself here and there, and I don't see myself hitting 600 atk from items for quite a while, if ever.  There are to many upgrades that I either lose focus effects, or other mod 2's that need more attention.

75 Arch Animist

Humlaine

aye I know but its call a change for the future we can grow into it, and its not like anything is set in stone, unless you have a viable option to what I posted this is what I am sticking with, and most people are over the capp in attack by a good ammount

Khauruk

CE's a stupid option for raiders...warriors are the only class we'd be looking to buff who would want it.  Pure dps classes are looking for pure damage augments for both higher dps and lower agro.  Also, w/ the presence of agro procs (Hi CS IV) on so many multiclass weapons, that'd cause hellacious problems in TSS+ where warrior agro is currently hurting.

Bad, bad option imo.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

you sir didnt read everything, plz try again

Tigrah

I actually liked it when we got bond of the wild, and growl... I think it would be awesome if bsts were given more spells/aa's that were focused on enhancing both the bst and their warder similarly. That to me is the heart of the beastlord
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Kitathia

1. Ferosity, ya its a sore subject, its split halfway from what I read, some want the group version, others just want the single cast to be fixed correctly. My suggestion is this, Aura of Ferosity, +20 to Combat Effects ( over cap ), and Ragging Aggression, Increases the maxximum ammount of attack you can gain from items by +250, same line as aa's but in a spell form, This imo would solve the best of both worlds and emimnate a buff we must keep casting over and over.

Aura sounds like a really good option - I like it. But do SoE even wants hybrids to have Aura's?

2. Paragon, This is second only to Fero I think for most of the beastlords, in its current form paragon adds +125 to mana I think, and 400hp per tick, instead of having it at a set number, I suggest it goes on a scale of what the cleric epic is on, a % base, adding 10% back to a person's mana and HP, thus making it a very viable and great upgrade for a needed AA which we are known for.

I would love for the paragon/Perf to give more mana/hp then currently - it would make bst a LOT more useful on raids.

3. Pet Dps, our pet dps is by far the worst, falling behind necro's and mages since they added in procs to their pets.  I suggest booting our pet dps by a meer 10% , I think pets hp is fine , but the pet is lacking when I use batm they our parse my pet most of the time which is a sad instance.

YES! I don't have Batm yet - still working on it. However I assume we will get a new pet in the level 75-80 spells, hopefully they will have  better dps.

4. Frenzy of spirit, add a new version of this aa, adding in overhaste for both the beastlord and pet, 10% overhaste, also causing special attack's ( IE rake or jagged claw ) to cause greatly increased damage ( 100% more ) for the next minute, wouldnt be the same but would be a great addition to our already crappy AA line.

NICE!

5. A new spell (self buff ), Spirit of the Night, beastlord and his warder are filled with visions of past battles, causing them the chance do to 150 damage ( magic based ) proc, for the next 1 mintues 30 seconds ( note should stack with panter, and storm blade), also increasing damage by 30%, and adding 2000 hp to both the beastlord and his warder

I assume this would be an upgrade to 69 DoN spell Panther. Yes that would rock, I would use it as much as I use Panther - if not more.

6. a Cure all in group form, unlike rangers they arent a shaman hybrid , I think we should have the same spell but with a 5% increase and in group form, it would bring our utility back to what it once was.

The idea is great. I'm very happy with the group Focus we got and SV too. But we have sorely been lacking in the cure/haste department. However I sorta doubt we would get this utility too.

One thing I would love to add is SLOW - take the Steeltrap away and give us a spell that the beastlord can cast with the same amount of slow on it as Steeltrap Jaw. I have used Steeltrap a little bit - but I don't really like that my pet is the slower. I don't like that I can't see if it takes ( unless it overrides my own slow) and I don't like that I can't see when it wears off.

Good list Humlaine,

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Inphared

Quote from: Kitathia on May 26, 2007, 04:15:26 PM
But do SoE even wants hybrids to have Aura's?

Hi Paladins!

I like the Aura idea as well. I think it would be a pretty nice addition.

Jkal_Shihar

Nicely done Humlaine. You pretty much read my mind on a few of those as well.  :-D
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Humlaine

if you all have any imput or have anything I could improve on just voice it, this way we can see our collective idea's in a list instead of gaggled around on this forums or want something brought up to attention