Main Menu

Plane of TIme

Started by Elyias Steelfang, May 24, 2004, 06:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elyias Steelfang

Ok I know lots of you are in Time or done with it.  But I just got flagged for it tonight :D

Third guild on our server to make it there (Drinal is the backass woods of servers :p)

From what I have read Time can support 3 guilds.  Is this true and you just have to work out a schedule?

Dont want to ask for raid strats cause I'll get to learn all that on my own just wondering if we are going to have to compete for spawns.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help with the question gonna go log back in and run around timea some more  :lol:

Urim

PoTime, in theory, could support up to 7 guilds if each guild cleared it in 1 day. This is due to PoTime being an instanced zone. You zone in and each phase has a time limit associated with it, complete that phase and you move on to next phase with any leftover time added onto next phases time allotment. If you don't complete a phase in set time then booted out of zone and have to start that phase you got booted from over again after a brief time (not sure if can be started right away or not, never had to deal with it). The zone keeps a memory of where your guild left off last time and respawn the zone how it should be based on the way you left it. And this time allotment is what causes the problem of only certain amount of guilds being able to use it each week.

Say guild one clears phase 1-2-3 and then stops for the day, that will leave 4 hours for phase 4 left on clock plus whatever amount remaining from the first 3 phases. That means that for 4+ hours no other guild can enter PoTimeB and start their instance because Guild 1's instance is still going to be going on. Thats why i said it could feasibly hold 7, hell probably more if they just raided opposite schedules because instance ends once egg after quarm is killed (you'll understand about the egg when you get there).

So you will most likely have to develop a rotation saying each guild gets 2 days in time with the last remaining day as a free for all or last remaining day switching each week so one guild gets 3 days a week and then the next week another gets 3 and the next week the last one gets 3.

Hope that helped and wasn't just the rambling of a half asleep person.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Dummkopf

If you run outta time and get bootet out of potimeb you can start over after a 15 minute wait or so, but you have to start over with phase1 again every time, only after that you move on to the phase you were working on before you got bootet. P1 will have only placeholders and no loot droppers if it is less than 12 hours since you finished it last time. The instance is keyed to all persons that were in the raid, not to the guild as such.

Ttony

Grats on GotK making it to Time. A 3rd guild in Time on our server should tighten thing up a bit. Right now we spend 2 days clearing Time without breaking a sweat unless numbers are low. Time can support 3 guilds with ease on 2 day rotations. It removes farming of phase 1 though but then ST and CiH have alts roll on that stuff or it just plain rots right now. It will for you very soon so no need to rush. I am sure a rotation will be worked out between our guilds with no trouble.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Jataan

Grats GoTK! on making time. WTG Elyias

Rotation is very simple and we'll get that all worked out in short order. As there are only 3 capable guilds on the server there is plenty of Time  for all.
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal

Yingoku

Ugh. 5 guilds are Time enabled on Bertoxx. Soon to have 6th since one guild is short on Rathe... omg.

INSTANCE POTIME! :p

-Yingoku

Katonca

On Brell,

We have 4 Time guilds.

Guild #1 - takes Sundays, they been there for a long time and can clear in 1 Day.

Guild #2 - Takes Thurs and Saturday (my Guild)
Guild #3 - Takes Mon and Tues.
Guild #4 - Take Weds and Friday.

Works out well it seams.

All USA time based, so no Phase 1 Conflicts Usually with the loot timer on 1.

Loot is nice there even if it gets old.  Last Saturday we cleared thru 4, leaving 2 up in Phase 5.  Total of 34+ Loots....
Katonca
Feral Lord
Brell
KatzCrap

Elyias Steelfang

Thanks Guys :)

I am sure our respective leaders will work out the details.  

Cant say how excited I am to finally beat TRC.  That has to be one of the WORST encounters ever lol.

Derrict

Quote from: UrimPoTime, in theory, could support up to 7 guilds if each guild cleared it in 1 day.

It'd be far fetched but you probably could have 14 Time enabled guilds, 7 on an Asian/Austrailian time zone and 7 on American/Euro time zone.[/quote]
[65 Marauder] Derrict (Halfling) - Retired
[65 Feral Lord]Ferome (Vah Shir) - Retired

Grymlok

Currently, there are 5 active time guilds on Fennin Ro.  3 are in the EST rotation, one raids nights PST and the other is on Asain time.

The Berserker: Foecussed