Main Menu

Zoning Pets and what it means to us

Started by Drakh, July 01, 2004, 12:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakh

So if the pet zoneing goes live (which for some reason i think it will) how will it affect the way you xp/raid?

What raid buffs will you be considering priority wise for your warder? will you go V or 9 + symbol? will you concentrait on ranger attack buffs or pallys HP buffs or perhaps just run with SV/SotP?

Will you be making an effort to keep pet alive more rather than letting it die? now MGB heals work on pets will you be using your warder on fights you previously didnt?

will you fero your warder over requests from other classes  :twisted: :)

What about LDoN?

will you be holding up the adventure while you find someone to buff your warder? :)

Savage Lord Drakh Darkscale, 69.70 Feral Lord, <Europa> Druzzil Ro
"You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first!"- Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boy Scout.[/color]

Shrouded

One of the things that this MIGHT do for me is encourage me to get pet affinity before 200+ aa's since my pet will be able to get hit with Bo9/symbol and actually get to keep it if I am soloing.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Karaja

Il take whatever I can get to buff its HP, which on unslowed mobs goes down quite fast. I guess since they are limited to 15 buffs so I would take Virtue, No resist buffs, BSS, SoP, VQ, No mind buffs (cept sd) and maybe something that I forgot asides normal pet haste/proc.

I would not be holding up my adventure, my warder did the job fine without being able to hog buffs, so why should this be changing?

What I would like to see if someone could parse pet dps with fero / without fero, wich would tell us if attack increases have a large positive effect or if it would be just anothe useless buffslot for 0.5dps increase.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920168&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Karaja Neverdawn, Barbarian Savage Lady
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920170&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Sheane Arrowless, Forest Stalker
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920169&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Seductre Digimortal, Dreadlord in the making
Luclin

Tastian

"I guess since they are limited to 15 buffs so I would take Virtue, No resist buffs, BSS, SoP, VQ, No mind buffs (cept sd) and maybe something that I forgot asides normal pet haste/proc. "

That's not true pets can go up to 30 buffs/debuffs like NPCs, but here's 20 lol

[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] I have 100 percent of my hit points left.
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Spiritual Dominion
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Spirit of Rellic
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Furious Strength
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Stamina
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Arag`s Celerity
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Resist Poison
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Talisman of Tnarg
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Resist Disease
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Infusion of Spirit
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Endure Magic
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Dexterity
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Endure Fire
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Endure Cold
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Turtle Skin
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Chloroplast
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Ferocity
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Inner Fire
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Spiritual Vigor
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Spirit of Wolf
[Thu Jul 01 11:14:06 2004] Acumen

"What I would like to see if someone could parse pet dps with fero / without fero, wich would tell us if attack increases have a large positive effect or if it would be just anothe useless buffslot for 0.5dps increase."

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2002

Anything else?  8)

Bengali

I'll go with whatever gets MGB'ed, except most of the time my pet will have SV since that's what I put on myself before the mass buffing starts so my pet will have it too.

I'll fero my warder when I get sick of rogues and rangers running oor when I cast it and wasting it. :p

I always make an effort to keep my pet alive, because I'm sentimental like that and I want screenshots of him getting the killing blow on raid mobs.  ;)   If I ever get a fast pet heal (yes, I use mend and calliav now already) I will cry tears of joy.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vahaus Warder

I'm with Shrouded, if pet zoning goes live I have every intention of paying for pet affinity.

Bananea

Pet Affinity is a pretty good DPS boost and is a very good utility, you should get it early imo.

Liga

Pet Affinity + Bard in group = much <3 from my warder.

Elrathin

Got pet affinity a couple of days ago in anticipation of pet zoning going live.  Well worth the 20AA now IMO.

Rhaynne

It was well worth it before lol.

My pet dps when up like 20pts after I got it.

Hzark

Quote from: RhaynneIt was well worth it before lol.

My pet dps when up like 20pts after I got it.

Hmm. Has anyone actually parsed this apparent DPS increase?

I seem to recall that SS + Fero only increased pet DPS by 4 DPS when it was parsed, so I find it hard to see how Pet Affinity would get it up much more. (Unless the effect of Bard songs is uber - sadly we rarely have bard with us on our raids).

Not that I am knocking pet affinity - it certainly increases our warder's HP and hence survivability, but a huge increase in DPS? I doubt it. (But I will take any increase in DPS that it does give).
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Tastian

Without a bard the actual dps boost from PA isn't all that large, but it does add some through tunare/vigor, pred, etc.  The main differance though is in total damage.  The pet simply lives longer.  Pet affinity alone will keep your pet alive againist a lot of mobs that previously you couldn't or put a lot of effort into.  For a pure solo beastlord it's pretty far down the list imo and even in groups where you don't usually have a bard it's still behind a lot of other stuff.  For a raiding beastlord though it's very nice.

VoS Jamond

All of this discussion is dependent on your assumption that buffs will be in tact once the pet zones.  There has been no indication that buffs will remain with the pet or if they will be wiped....
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

Khayden

Pets zone with full buffs on test.

I bought pet affinity last night, started saving for it after I saw the announcement about pets zoning.

An extra 2k hp on my warder will certainly come in handy soloing, and it also means I can zone into an LDoN or GoD trial and fight right from the off.  Handy for air raids too since we buff outside.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

kitanababe

QuoteZoning pets are in. Persistent pet data includes: Items, Spell Effects, hit points, mana, name, height, and mana cost to summon them. All PC summoned pets should zone with you in all instances except for when you die. Pets will also follow the same rules as no rent items if you log with a pet.