Main Menu

Zoning Pets and what it means to us

Started by Drakh, July 01, 2004, 12:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urim

I found that Pet Affinity raised pet dps roughly 10-20%. When soloing my pet does roughly 70-75dps but in raids when fully buffed it is doing 80-90dps.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Rhaynne

Here is our warders cut out of a parse done in Qvic before I had Pet Affinity, and Urim's pet when he did have pet affinity:

QuoteRhaynne`s warder   9411 70.23 0 0.00
Urim`s warder   11597 87.20 0 0.00

Caali

Thanks Rhaynne, that made up my mind between Sinister and Pet Affinity  :D
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Tastian

From an old post...  

Max_pet means DPoC, full GoD pet AAs and pet affinity, bard in group, but not certain what % of time muse/riz is going.

Normal_pet means no DPoC focus, basic sorsha 77 max hit, no pet AAs at all including no pet affinity

LMM
Max_pet - 60.84dps average hit 62
Normal_pet - 48.84dps average hit 54

Pyronis
Max_pet - 67.66dps average hit 67
Normal_pet - 53.24dps average hit 63

General_pushOver (druav, rotsword,whatever)
Max_pet 76.33 dps average hit 73
Normal_pet 57.48 dps average hit 61

Charm bird
Max_pet 70.70 dps average hit 69
Normal_pet 52.44 dps average hit 59

Charm bird
Max_pet 59.21 dps average hit 67
Normal_pet 52.57 dps average hit 58

The real use of pet affinity though is something like this...
Sol Ro
Necro pet - 6k
Necro pet - 5k
Bst pet - 2k
Max_pet - 20k

You'll have some variation of course, but the biggest boost from PA will come from having a bard in your group, the actual gains from just atk buffs like pred/tunare/vallons on pet will be a few dps (again depending).

Choppin

hmm the wizards in my guild say a bard with them raises each of em dps up to 80 dps extra, so I doubt I will ever push to be in a bard grp just so my pet and I gain maybe each 15 dps..

I like pet affinity for the group heals /mgbs landing on it, since I never bothered getting all the pet healing aa stuff.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tastian

Really depends what you are doing and what song your bard is using...

Echo
1:     Increase Spell Damage by 25%
2:    Increase Haste v3 by 30%

Muse
1:     Increase Spell Damage by 15%

Riz
1:     Increase Spell Damage by 15%
4:    Limit: Instant spells only

Also remember that the spell damage boost is random like a focus effect.  Riz doesn't work on dots, muse/echo do.  Having something like muse going where it effects pet/nukes/dots (if you can use lol) makes for a nice boost overall.  Once you get echo though the DD focus goes up.  Also remember that GoD flappys for wizards don't stack with bard.  I'd never ask for a bard as a beastlord, but there are a lot of factors if looking at "optimal" placement.  In some cases necros that get haste for pet + dot focus + nuke focus get more out of a bard (depending on song) than a wizard that has GoD flappy.  Also depends on fight.  *shrugs*  Why is it everytime I answer I question it's in a way that makes 10 more lol.  *sigh* back to testing DW rate.

Rasthik

PA was the second AA I got in GoD and I have not regreted it since then

Rasthik
Feral Lord of Explicit

Incite

Quote from: Drakhfero ... requests from other classes  :twisted: :)

Eh?

Who does feros other classes?!?  

:wink:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Jataan

I am very glad to see that the pet remains shrunk on zoneing. and did anyone else log in and cast shrink on their pet then get mad because it was borked? I then tried Tiny Companion and felt like a real dweeb when suddenly Strypes was tiny and barely reached my knees.

Tastian, if you read this please pass along a heartfelt Thank You to SoE. they did a very good job on pet shrink and with the addition of zoning it was all in all an awesome job.
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal

jitathab

One thing I noticed that I was amazed at was when you take a TL your pet goes with you. Before it used to poof even if in same zone. - Great for RZ..

Only major drawback ive thought of that this change has not helped is when you have to zone in using invis. e.g. HoHa to HoHb which still leaves all pet classes at a disadvantage. Perhaps this could be "fixed"

This change has made a huge difference to tactics and times.

Toln

QuoteI am very glad to see that the pet remains shrunk on zoneing. and did anyone else log in and cast shrink on their pet then get mad because it was borked? I then tried Tiny Companion and felt like a real dweeb when suddenly Strypes was tiny and barely reached my knees.

Tastian, if you read this please pass along a heartfelt Thank You to SoE. they did a very good job on pet shrink and with the addition of zoning it was all in all an awesome job.
Yeah I did exactly that. Shrink on pet, ding shrink #1.. shrink again, and bah... it's still big.
Read that people were having success on here with tiny companion and that did the trick. Mini warder!

Also on a side note, if you shrink the pet with Tiny Companion and then re-shrink it with our regular Shrink spell, it actually makes it grow, much like the druid's bear pet :D

Shirrkarn Ayge

Shame pet still does not survive CoH tho :( but apart from that pet zoning is a great boost
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Ttony

Quote from: Shirrkarn AygeShame pet still does not survive CoH tho :( but apart from that pet zoning is a great boost

Suspend your pet first then you can unsuspend it after CoH. Suspended minions do survive CoH but not zoning. Just the opposite of zoning.

I believe pets were made to poof on CoH to stop an exploit a long time ago. Doubt if that exploit even exists anymore since pets do not agro anymore.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Shirrkarn Ayge

Aye I know suspend works.. just I am a lazy bar-steward and would much prefer pet to survive instead of me hitting a hot key twice :P
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez