Main Menu

SPF pet proc dps

Started by Doctor Choddy Chud, August 28, 2004, 08:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor Choddy Chud

Has anyone got a parse of this at all?  Would be interested to see what kind of DPS the SPF pets did.... this can be with any combo of WA, warder alacrity/fury - just never seen any numbers on this....

thankies
Elder Onti - 65 Vah Shir Feral Lord
331 AAs
I TANKED ATEN HA RA

<Exhumed>
Cazic-Thule

Doctor Choddy Chud

Thanks Tast, just what I was looking for
Elder Onti - 65 Vah Shir Feral Lord
331 AAs
I TANKED ATEN HA RA

<Exhumed>
Cazic-Thule

Hzark

I sadly do not have access to the weapon spreadsheet for reasons which I have mentioned before.

It seems to me that the SPF would rank differently as a main hand or off-hand weapon.

This is because weapons proc approximately half as often in the off-hand, but off-hand normal hits would be approximately 85% (if memory serves me correctly) of main hands hits.

Thus the proc would more than off-set the worse ratio (compared with several lower ranking weapons) when in main hand. However, when used in off-hand the benefit of the proc would be relatively less.

The weapon also has the disadvantage of looking upside down in off-hand.

Assuming Weapon Affinity 5, Warder's Fury 5, Warder's Alacrity 5 and Dexterity 305, how does SPF compare with Battle Fists or Dagger of Distraction (each with 150DD LDoN proc added) when used in off-hand?

The comparison is of interest to me as I hope to get a shinai before too long to use in main hand.

(Also how does Battle Fists with added 125 DD proc compare with Dagger of Distraction with added 150 DD proc, in off-hand? If the DPS difference was negligible I might choose to use the dagger for the extra HP and coolness. I got the dagger because it was rotting.)
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Oneiromancer

Seems like all of your questions can be answered by Coprolith's dps calculator: http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=528

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Vangetorix

This may not be the exact answer you're looking for Hzark, but going by the spreadsheet data (with default values, since I dont have excel):

Primary Hand DPS (innate proc included - no aug):
SPF: 55.08
Battle Fists: 48.89
DoD: 45.00

Secondary Hand DPS (innate proc included - no aug):
SPF: 38.21
Battle Fists: 36.75
DoD: 34.56

The base values in the spreadsheet are as follows:
1642 atk for h2h weapons
1575 atk for other weapons
280 Dexterity
84% Haste (34% item + Celerity self buff I assume)
All 5 levels of Beastial Frenzy AA done
Ambidexterity AA done
1 level of Weapon Affinity AA done
No Spell Casting Fury

Any way you look at it, the SPF comes out on top (dps wise) for your primary weapon, with the other two being pretty close for the offhand. I dont really think your aggro with any of these weapons would be too bad, so the proc on the DoD most likely wouldnt make any difference (unless you were trying to tank, in which case it could be problematic :P), and the Battle Fists' dps lead would increase over the DoD a bit more if you had 305 dex / WA 5 / SCF 3.

After attaining the Shinai, the SPF would still probably be your best bet out of these three weapons for your offhand (dps wise). The offhand proc DPS (according to the spreadsheet's default values) is 5.45 on the SPF, vs 1.36 on the Battle Fists, and 0 on the DoD. Having WA 5 would increase the lead on the SPF a little more since it's DPS is based more on procs, and if Warder's Alacrity/Fury work on the proc'd pets, which Im not sure about, they would help the SPF proc dps also. While SCF would bump up the Battle Fists a tiny bit, while not affecting the SPF, the SPF should still maintain an offhand dps lead.

PS
I just noticed something funny when looking at the spreadsheet - It actually appears that SPF mainhand / Shinai offhand is a (slightly) better dps combination than Shinai mainhand / SPF offhand.

Shinai DPS (according to spreadsheet again):
62.29 primary
47.94 secondary

Adding that to the SPF:
Shinai primary / SPF secondary - 62.29 + 38.21 = 100.50
SPF primary / Shinai secondary - 55.08 + 47.94 = 103.02
Vangetorix, <Haven's Edge> 65 Beastlord of Stromm
Vandyin, 65 Magician of Stromm (retired)
Yandael, Enchanter of Stromm

If all else fails, outrun the halfling.

Hzark

Thanks very much for that, Vangetorix.

Quote from: Vangetorixif Warder's Alacrity/Fury work on the proc'd pets, which Im not sure about

They certainly do, the pets crit and flurry like mad.

Quote from: VangetorixPS
I just noticed something funny when looking at the spreadsheet - It actually appears that SPF mainhand / Shinai offhand is a (slightly) better dps combination than Shinai mainhand / SPF offhand.

Shinai DPS (according to spreadsheet again):
62.29 primary
47.94 secondary

Adding that to the SPF:
Shinai primary / SPF secondary - 62.29 + 38.21 = 100.50
SPF primary / Shinai secondary - 55.08 + 47.94 = 103.02

Well that is very interesting indeed, and gets round the upside down SPF problem too.
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

Bheran

I can't tell y'all how excited I am bout getting this- we killed Sol Ro last night to finish us getting into PoF, so I'll be dragging a many people here for a while.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

Hzark

As I still cannot use Coprolith's spreadsheet (no Excel) I would be very grateful if some kind person would check out the comparison between SPF, Ethereal Destroyer & Dagger of Distraction on the new version of the spreadsheet. (Main hand & Off Hand)

Assuming equal skills - if possible with the following settings:

1760 ATK
310 Dexterity
100% Haste
All 5 levels of Beastial Frenzy AA done
Ambidexterity AA done
Sinister Strikes AA done
5 levels of Weapon Affinity AA done
3 levels Spell Casting Fury AA done
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

Aeshmal

Ethereal Destroyer will crush the other two.

Hzark

Quote from: AeshmalEthereal Destroyer will crush the other two.

The question is, by how much?

Given that the SPF has what amounts (at a conservative estimate) to a 300dd unresistable proc and that the ED has a worse ratio and procs (I think) at a lower rate, the difference may not be as much as you might expect - and possibly not worth the extra aggro except when tanking.

My wildly inaccurate calculations lead me to expect maybe a 4 or 5 DPS advantage over the SPF in main hand, but I would like to see what Coprolith's spreadsheet comes up with if somebody could be kind enough to run the figures through it.
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

Graace

Quote from: Hzark
Quote from: AeshmalEthereal Destroyer will crush the other two.

The question is, by how much?

Given that the SPF has what amounts (at a conservative estimate) to a 300dd unresistable proc and that the ED has a worse ratio and procs (I think) at a lower rate, the difference may not be as much as you might expect - and possibly not worth the extra aggro except when tanking.

My wildly inaccurate calculations lead me to expect maybe a 4 or 5 DPS advantage over the SPF in main hand, but I would like to see what Coprolith's spreadsheet comes up with if somebody could be kind enough to run the figures through it.
[/b]

WAY TOO FUNNY!  "Wildly inaccurate calculations lead me to believe..."
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Aeshmal

SPF proc isn't nearly as reliable as you might think. Against many high-end mobs, the pet won't hit more than two or three times; it's common for me to see less than 200 damage done per proc in Time and GoD. The Destroyer is a guaranteed 750 damage every time -- and it can crit with SCF. The only mob who's ever resisted my Destroyer proc at all is Seru.

Grbage

Gratz on 66 Hzark.

OK, ran the numbers for you and this is what I came up with:

SPF: MH 67.90  OH 47.58
ED:  MH 78.79  OH 51.93
DoD:MH 55.28  OH 43.81

Hope this helps, see you Sunday if you are on when I am.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Hzark

Quote from: GrbageGratz on 66 Hzark.

OK, ran the numbers for you and this is what I came up with:

SPF: MH 67.90  OH 47.58
ED:  MH 78.79  OH 51.93
DoD:MH 55.28  OH 43.81

Hope this helps, see you Sunday if you are on when I am.

Thanks. Hope the store gets OoW back in again soon   :wink:
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr