Main Menu

Xegony...

Started by Fionnah, September 15, 2004, 10:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionnah

How hard is this event when compared to Fennin Ro?

Can it be done with a moderately geared guild of 50-60?

My guild keeps messing around with Fire minis while I try to convince them to go after Xegony.  We slaughter the minis in EPs like they're nothing, but we don't have a high member count, so they're hesitant on going after Xegony.  We even end up getting our asses handed to us by the Arbitor because we go full out DPS too late and end up with no mana (basically hesitation because they're nervous).

Thoughts?
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Latang

Xegony isn't that bad really, it's getting the key to her island that takes a lot of screwing around. Once you get it tho, it's really just having the healing power to keep tank alive for 30-40 minutes in a ch chain while the other 2 teams kill the mini's/pops. Oh and then not wiping to the damn spiders near the end too =P

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Tastian

Xegony is one of those PoP fights that's about a script not a fight.  Xegony's slowed dps is pretty low and on most tanks these days you'll be ok with a 6(ish) cleric CH chain.  You need to pick up the add waves, need to not have people eat xeg AE or tank move out of CH range and die.  Need to assist and not bust mez's.  It's an ok fight, but it's really about executing.  It's not like coir where I can say well ya gotta do "X" dps.  You could take twice as long to do xegony as some people if your numbers were down, but if your tank and healers can sustain it and your add wave camps are up to it that's ok.

Kashmiir Battlekat

I believe Primus Exodus on Veeshan killed Xegony with 56. Dont quote me on it, but I do believe they did it with 56 which is a very respectable number considering it all.

Aeshmal

Xegony fight is all about endurance, and not making mistakes. We've done her with 52, but it's tough and nobody can make a mistake. The general idea has already been said; it's about keeping a single tank alive for 45 minutes while you maim her add groups one by one.

Vangetorix

The first time I killed Xegony was with Cypher (a guild that no longer exists on stromm). Most people's gear was nothing spectacular, but we killed her with....51 I believe it was. Later, when we were backflagging her for newer recruits, we ended up having several failures with more people (maybe 60ish or so), simply due to shortbussing (several times we had people not pay attention and run too far out from the edge and aggro the prismatic elementals - /shiver I hate those things :P). We did kill her again, but it was a major headache.
Vangetorix, <Haven's Edge> 65 Beastlord of Stromm
Vandyin, 65 Magician of Stromm (retired)
Yandael, Enchanter of Stromm

If all else fails, outrun the halfling.

Wenian

you need a lot more now for xegony, you cant just tag whole wave anymore, need to have 1 tagger for each of the mobs in wave, my guild was surprised by that when we went to backflag xeg, wiped 3 times before putting it for another day due to that (we got aggro from guardians due to monks being able to pull 1 / 2 to raid and rest going straight to xeg aggroing guardians).

Did anyone fight xegony since oow patch and say how you handled this ? 14 pullers ?
Krakerz Ikmercy - Beastlord
Korriann Havmercy - Druid
< Magus Amicitia - Antonius Bayle >