Main Menu

Prismatic Weapons

Started by Elrathin, April 23, 2004, 05:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elrathin

Here is what I hate hearing.  Why get one?   Just ask a shaman for Ferine Avatar.  The prismatic weapons from ST proc  a +100 STA, DEX, STR, AGI, and ATK.  The +100 ATK buff alone would help.

Yes, Ferine Avatar give you more ATK, but the plain fact is a Shaman cannot cast it on 50+ melee in a raid.

And if you have WA5, a prismatic weapon is even better.  I switch to my 1h piercer prismatic weapon, proc it in less than 10 seconds, and switch to my regular weapon.  I have also parsed and it DOES make a difference.

So IMHO those that say they have avatar weapons and don't use them.  I say your @#$#@ stupid, unless you have a fantastic shaman that gives you ferine avatar over any other melee that asks for it.

Mindlet

The procced avatar counts towards the 250 atk cap. Shaman casted avatar does not.

Elrathin

Quote from: MindletThe procced avatar counts towards the 250 atk cap. Shaman casted avatar does not.

Yes, but again, like I said, the Shaman casted buff CANNOT be casted on 50 + melee.  So sometimes you have to rely on what you can get yourself.  If you have a shaman that will cast it on you instead of a number of other DPS, then good for you, I understand.  But if you don't and arn't using your avatar, your a fool IMO.

Dakat

QuoteMindlet wrote:
The procced avatar counts towards the 250 atk cap. Shaman casted avatar does not.

What are you talking about this 250 atk cap?

Dumpty

cant have more than +250 added attack from worn item effects. Regular Avatar counts as worn attack and towards the cap.  FA does not.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Mindlet

Almost correct. The procced avatar counts towards the cap but no shaman spells do.

Sorry I should have said the +250 atk cap.

Dakat

So I guess your referring to wearable items that give + to your attack. Such as Vengence gear.

As far as castable / wearable, Ive been able to get my atk up to and over 2k on occasion.  If you get Ranger buffs, Fero, Frenzy, and the aa abilitys its pretty easy to do.  Keeping it there is another question because the short duration on some of the buffs you have.

Dummkopf

Aye, the cap is worn raw atk, 250 will be quite a lot more in real atk but is the cap for atk items like the former vengeance stuff. The procced avatar counts toward this limit and is therefore useless if you have already a pretty high atk or even capped it.

It is no problem to reach 2.5k atk without a bard for capped beastlords.

totania

Quote from: DummkopfAye, the cap is worn raw atk, 250 will be quite a lot more in real atk but is the cap for atk items like the former vengeance stuff. The procced avatar counts toward this limit and is therefore useless if you have already a pretty high atk or even capped it.

It is no problem to reach 2.5k atk without a bard for capped beastlords.

With Vengeance 50 (+250) and 305 unbuffed strength, your max attack is going to be 1561 unbuffed.

Strength of Tunare = +60
Spirit of the Predator = +70
Ferocity = +150
Vallon's Quickening = +41
Ferine Avatar = +140
Frenzy of Spirit = +250 (not sustainable, but for arguments sake)

1561 + 60 + 70 + 150 + 41 + 140 = 2022 (Without FoS)
2022 + 250 = 2272 (With FoS were it sustainable)

How then can it be "no problem" for an attack capped beastlord to hit 2k5 without a bard?  The above is the best case I can come up with and it falls short of 2k5 attack by 228 points.  Even the number of 2272 requires that you have FoS up constantly (which is impossible) and Ferine Avatar (which you cannot rely on having).

Taking those two out of the equation, that leaves you with 1882 as the highest attack reachable without bard, fos, fa, or leadership aa.

Member of Night Eternal

Murkk Dakruul

Well I wouldn't say it's "no problem" but you forgot to apply the 1.35 bonus we get to ATK buffs by being a melee class. That brings it up to 2520 ATK, without a bard.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Elrathin

A lot of people are missing out on the main gripe I had and the reason I posted it.  The person in question did not have his atk buff maxed and did not use his avatar weapon.  His reasoning was that the prismatic weapon  was useless.  

Again, I am not talking about people with atk capped, I am talking about people that say just to rely on shamans to do the buffing.  Yes, I know FA is better than the Avatar proc from the weapon.  But I also know there are times when I can't get a shaman to buff me with it.  Especially if their getting tells for buffs, slowing etc...

My whole point is this person was just ignorant as to the benefits of the prismatic weapon.

Knaw

You are missing

Spirit of Bih'Li: +15 ATK (yeah, outdoor only, but we are looking for the max)

BTW, my highest noticed ATK has been 2127, with only max str, +40 in vengeance, SoP, SV, VQ, Fero and SoF. That is less added ATK than possible, but still more than it should be just from the 210 less vengeance.
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Knaw

Ok, no edit button  :?

Forgot procced Avatar, but still more then to expect from your calculation :)
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Dummkopf

Aye, we get the modifier of roughly 1.35 so we get more atk than you would expect if you add up the raw atk. My max without bard was 2517 (so i miss 3 points somewhere) but i had to revert to SPF to get it.

Anyway, Elrathin is of course right about those who miss a lot of worn atk and still can use the atk from the avatar proc.

Murkk Dakruul

No, proc'd avatar counts towards the +250 worn ATK cap. There is no such thing as a vengeance cap, It is a worn attack cap. Proc'd avatar counts as worn attack.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.