Main Menu

Heal changes on lucy...

Started by Tastian, September 03, 2004, 08:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougerofeq

Devil needs no advocate when it comes to BST envy.

Choppin

Its single target, they just closed the last holes left from grp IoS on test.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Hereki

Group IoS was originally much admired; people actually suggested that we get a group IoS before the spell was seen in the GoD beta.  In fact, if it was a PoP spell it would still be very useful.

I'd rather see a stoicism/torpor cross than a direct heal, simply to preserve class diversity.

Snowkittie-Tunare

True... in fact quite some of us had asked for a shaman type HoT for a while... but at the time I obtain this rune I would still prefer a straight heal personally, based on a couple things:

1) most time I cast a heal on others in group /raid is to patch someone up from low hp aggro or similar. Although it's still a fairly small amount, a 1100s crit instant heal seems to work better for me as the effect is immediate. Looks like this new one can crit close to 1500 with healing foci?

2) another spell gem~ although we will have another spell gem from AAs it's still another slot taken  :P

Graace

While I'd have liked the heal a while ago, and looking at the upcoming spells... changing TS to a heal is a mistake as the heal will be replaced in 2 levels and pushed to the back of the book, TS at least would have use from time to time esp for those of us not always grouping with the guildies with maxed stats.  And with level 70 coming up a lot of people are going to be able to get Jelki runes and get TS, chances are they may be level 67 already and have a better heal already.

Too little too late.  Give us TS back.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Rhaynne

What you aren't taking into account is that by giving us the upgraded heal now, the heal at 67 will be upgraded from about the same as the new heal to quite a bit better.

Hereki

Let's wait and see about the possible upgrade.  Logically that would have gone in at the same time, surely? :)

The issue is spell availability - if we assume that GoD stays the raider expansion, to follow after OoW, then TS shouldn't drop there; it should be moved to an easier availability in OoW.  If it stays in GoD for whatever reason, then the spell distribution system there needs to change.  This is all assuming that we can still get TS, of course.  Having a new heal at 65 stuck in GoD doesn't make sense to me.

Graace

Quote from: HerekiLet's wait and see about the possible upgrade.  Logically that would have gone in at the same time, surely? :)

The issue is spell availability - if we assume that GoD stays the raider expansion, to follow after OoW, then TS shouldn't drop there; it should be moved to an easier availability in OoW.  If it stays in GoD for whatever reason, then the spell distribution system there needs to change.  This is all assuming that we can still get TS, of course.  Having a new heal at 65 stuck in GoD doesn't make sense to me.

GOD will continue to have some grouping, Ikk is designed for some grouping tasks/expeditions.  KT is awsome exp, people would be insane not to go there if they had the opportunity... they're not about to move the level 65 heal to OOW... SOE doesn't work like that... the new spell will replace the old and you'll get the new heal in exchange for the jekli rune, existing spellbooks with TS will get replaced with a copy of the heal.

The immediate gratification of "NEW HEAL! YAY!" is more like "what was the point?" when I get level 67 in like a week or so (level 65 exp bar maxed!)and obtain the new heal.  If OOW works anything like POP, level 66/67 spells won't be THAT difficult to obtain.  We just gave up a nice convenience spell that we've been wanting (and I think that stats cap is getting increased post 66 so we won't all have maxed stats anymore) for a spell that will see probably minimal use once you hit 67 and get that spell.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Kromjr

Terrible change, guess I was in the minority of thinking group IOS was better than some piddly heal.
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Eatbugs

QuoteThe issue is spell availability - if we assume that GoD stays the raider expansion, to follow after OoW, then TS shouldn't drop there; it should be moved to an easier availability in OoW. If it stays in GoD for whatever reason, then the spell distribution system there needs to change. This is all assuming that we can still get TS, of course. Having a new heal at 65 stuck in GoD doesn't make sense to me.

That's an interesting take, particularly if you read this weeks Mobhunter article. (http://mobhunter.com/000030.html)  He's got a good point about how the two expansions seem to have been released in reverse order.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Ttony

Tureptean Spirit is useless to every beastlord I know that is doing these upper GoD tiers. The ones that are actually getting the spell. If the spell would have dropped in lower tiers then it would have been usefull to a lot more Beastlords but still useless to raiding Beastlords with maxed stats when GoD was released.

Problem with the heal is it would have been usefull when GoD was first released. Now that OoW will be out in a week the Beastlords that have this spell will be getting better heals thus again making the spell useless.

Lost cause really for those of us on the bleeding edge but maybe we can make it easier for those that follow.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Kivuli

I'm one Tipt away from Kod'Taz, and I'd still use Tureptan Spirit all the damn time. Especially when doing Dungeons.