Main Menu

Perfection of Spirit Nerf to Top Ten

Started by Gnarlena, September 15, 2004, 12:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnarlena

I was VERY disappointed with what they ended up doing to PoS.  What should be our defining AA has been watered down to the point that it is not really worth the points expended.  It is one of the most important things in our bag of tricks and one of the reasons people like to have a beastlord in their group.

Given the importance of this AA, I would propose that it be placed in our top ten list of issues to be worked.  I would hope that we could at least lobby to have the values returned to what was present during beta.

Your thoughts?

Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
66 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Zentrel

NM....  i just seen them in the other thread.   yes,  sucks.   and her i already bought lvl 1 of it.

Nusa

Here's what lucy says it is now:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=3291&source=Live

You can't really call it a nerf, since we havent lost anything on the live servers, but that doesn't mean you have to be happy with the cost/benefit ratio of what was released.

bham

Paying 5 AA per level for that small an increase is a poor upgrade. Either increase the amount per tick or lower the AA cost. Another alternative would be to lower the re-use timer, say by 1 min with each level as well.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Gudaman

22hp and 10mana for each level for 5aa is kinda steep. Well their goes getting more level's of this aa.

Zentrel

QuoteYou can't really call it a nerf, since we havent lost anything on the live servers, but that doesn't mean you have to be happy with the cost/benefit ratio of what was released

Dunno that lucy link seemed to show it was on live...  unless i am reading it wrong

Graace

Extending the duration would be another option :)  Then SCR3 would affect it even further and the net result would be about the same as pre-test-nerf... Adding two ticks and SCR3 adding another tick would make me happy :)
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Rarrum

I agree something needs done about this.  Our spell line is bad enough, at least keep our aa reasonable.  If they're going to weaken the amount per tick slightly, they need to improved the duration by like 1 tick for each of the last 2 levels.

Oneiromancer

Gah, I just bought it last night too as soon as I dinged 66...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nusa

Quote from: Zentrel
QuoteYou can't really call it a nerf, since we havent lost anything on the live servers, but that doesn't mean you have to be happy with the cost/benefit ratio of what was released

Dunno that lucy link seemed to show it was on live...  unless i am reading it wrong

Yup, that link was to live.  My point was there's never been any better version of Perfection of Spirit on LIVE, so how can it be a nerf? Preliminary data from beta/test is not to be believed until verified.

Eatbugs

Fairly silly change, whether you call it a nerf or not.  5AA for a whole 60 mana and 132hp every 15 minutes?   That's what, 2/5 of FT1  and almost regen1?  But it's for the group!

Whee.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Tastian

Yeah I think point is, even if this isn't a "nerf" in the sense that we lost something we had.  The fact is if perfection of spirit had shown up on beta from day one looking like it is now people would have started talking about it just like they did roar.  We saw it, we said "ok decent boost hope it doesn't cost to much", go through all of beta, finally see 5 per rank go "ok that's a bit much, but worth it".  Then suddenly it changes and honestly I don't even want 1 of the ability for the 5 AA I spent on it.  I went from having points saved for PoS 1-3 to maxing roar instead /boggle.

Grymlok

I'm kinda pissed myself.  I saw the increase on Beta was nice, so when OoW went live, I didn't even think to check; I bought PoS1 as soon as I dinged 66.  Now I wish I'd used it on something more useful.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Urim

Yep, this really sucks. Never thought the upgrade was that stellar during beta but was hoping for a small AA price. At 5 AA it wasn't worth it but since its pretty much our class defining ability went ahead and bought it anyway. Seems kinda shady for them to gimp it as they push it live so nobody can feedback about how very little the small upgrade would actually be worth. Plus with mana pools and hp pools nowadays it just seems that we are getting ripped off.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

jitathab

Bah I bought it too :( another AA with the same use as bestial alignment. I should spent the 5 AA on innate Cha instead.

I wish I could get my AA back, where did I put that receipt :(

edit: OMG awful spelling