Main Menu

Perfection of Spirit Nerf to Top Ten

Started by Gnarlena, September 15, 2004, 12:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnarlena

I just saw the latest sticky for our "top ten" and was very disappointed that this didnt make the top ten listing.  I guess customized warder names are just sooo much more important than a problem with an AA we use consistently.

*sarcasm off*
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

jitathab

Tastian

Item 9 is GoD AAs, but omens AAs had been covered a lot in the weeks leaindg up to the top 10 list along with spell issues.  I'd sent out several e-mails right before the top 10 list went out and was actually told to leave the spell issues on the top 10.  I swear I somehow need to add every single PM/e-mail and post I make into the top 10 list because if it isn't on the sacred top 10 list then clearly no one is aware of it and nothing is being done.  /boggle

Gnarlena

My comment about top ten was made with a bit of ignorance.  I assumed that the only thing that is worked by SoE is our top ten list.  Based on Tastian's comment, there is obviously more going on behind the scenes due to our representative's diligence.  No criticism was intended, I just wanted to make sure this issue was getting visibility.
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Tastian

It's getting a ton and like I've said before in many threads the truth is the top 10 list is probably the least of the things that go on.  It's very important it's an evolving and changing list that puts many issues together in an easy to read/answer format, but a lot of other things go on and happen.  Fury of combat tribute for instance is currently doing two things from extensive parsings 1) jack 2) schit.  This is passed along.  The iksar warder bugs of size and freezing have been addressed and worked on outside of the top 10 list.  Like I said earlier I've been too busy doing stuff to talk about stuff lol.  Omens dumped a ton of new stats/aa/skills/content and I've been doing as much as I could.  It's good that you bring up things if you think might be moving to the backburner and I'll always respond.

Hereki

At least you can really feel for SOE and their problems with communications, Tastian :).  Unfortunately, you really do need to either post more updates than even you think you need to, or just accept that you'll get anxious enquiries like this one.  I'd go with the latter option myself :).

Of the several class boards I read, you give the most feedback, and accept and understand class issues the best - as far as I can see.  There are two comments about the correspondent role I'd like to raise:

- I have seen at least two other correspondents say that their "job" is to give feedback to SOE only, and that they have no responsibility back to their community; quoted portions of posts from SOE support that.

- I have also seen (at least) one other correspondent say that the top ten list is only for bugs and broken issues, not for wish lists.

You obviously feel differently about both of these, and I'd just like to say that I agree with and support you in both of these decisions.

Tastian

It's what happens when you have a "job" without a clearly stated definition.  It's also what happens when you have "tastian" who also happens to be "corr".  Some people have a hard time seperating the two, but the job of corr isn't to do all the parsing I do or the AA analysis.  It's not to answer all the hunting/equipment/etc questions I do, but it happens.  Some of the updates I do are actually just "tastian" throwing out things I've found or experienced or tested.  

I actually don't mind the questions because the truth is sometimes things slip through the cracks and I don't like that.  The only thing I mind is the tone in doing so.  Seldom do I get "hey any word on XXX yet?" or a PM with a thread link just to make sure I've seen it.  Almost every single time anyone isn't certain something is the way they want it the tone immediatly goes harsh.  *shrugs*  Some do send little PMs with links and that's great, asking is great to.  Latly though I've had it hella rough and my tolerance isn't nearly what it was for some peoples attitudes.  

Long before the corr thing happend I was explaining how I felt communication needed to improve and I'm glad to try and help that atleast some.  I don't always have as many answers as some would like (myself included) and the answers I have aren't always the ones people want either.  

One part of the problem though is people that don't understand what I'm doing.  I mean seriously some people only think I do the top 10 list.  Some others think I must only read my section of the board or something too as they start all sorts of duplicate posts there as if putting it in my face.  I have several regulars that send me a tell in game, to let me know they PM'd me about a post they copied over to these boards that was on the other boards  /boggle.  I literally read every post that hits the beastlord section of the other boards, respond to every tell/PM/email and read close to 80% of the threads on these boards hehe.  Someone else can start a thread with a point, others can comment and I'll pass it along.  I just don't always have the time to pop in and go "tastian was here" lol.  If it's a bigger issue or I feel more information is needed I ask for it, but the amount of time I already spend on boards/pm/e-mail is downright sick imo.

Jzath

Tastian,

I am "young" from the playing the beastlord class, my latest effort is now 31 on the Firiona Vie server and I plan on taking him as far as I can.  I am setting aside my 65 bard for a time.  It is nice to not pull anymore!

Anyway, the reason for this post is to tell you that you are doing a fantastic job.  The past week I have been reading your posts and the way you interact with people.  I can see you have a passion for this game and for the beastlord class in particular.  You have communicate well what you are able to do and not do.

The problem is that you do it too well.  SOE feels like a stone wall when communicating with them.  I understand how that happens as I have worked in customer support/phone support/training, but that does not make it any less frustrating.

You are the focus point of that frustration.  You are doing this of your own time and resources to help this living entity called EQ to not overly screw up the beastlord class.  No matter what you do, you will never please everybody and you know that.

I would encourage you to monitor yourself and not get burned out.  The more you succeed the more people expect from you.  Only you can make sure that you do not over extend yourself on something that is supposed to be entertaining.

I love what I am seeing on these forums and I love this website.

Jzath, Vah Shir beastlord
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Tastian

Thanks, but monitoring myself scares me lol.  I just went and checked the SoE boards.  Here's what it shows...

Date Registered    06-19-2004 08:42 PM    
Date Last Visited    09-29-2004 08:23 AM  
Total Posts  441  
Total Page Views  12702  
Total Messages Read  31126  
Total Board Views  1952  
Total Logins  552  
Total Minutes Online  16663

Also I registered when people asked me to apply so I didn't start posting right away.  Roughly 100 days since I got to those boards though and I've racked up about 4.5 posts a day, logged in over 5 times a day on average and logged over 2 hours a day on average.  

That is kinda scary considering that the SoE boards have much lower traffic.  The PM/e-mails I cover probably take up more time than the SoE boards do and I'm pretty sure my time on these boards here cover even more than that since I'm listed at over 7 posts a day here on average /boggle.

Hereki

Hmm....

Date Registered   03-26-2004 08:45 AM
Date Last Visited   09-30-2004 10:03 AM
Total Posts   366
Total Page Views   18981
Total Messages Read   44818
Total Board Views   4393
Total Logins   95
Total Minutes Online   45009

Incite

Quote from: HerekiHmm....

Date Registered   03-26-2004 08:45 AM
Date Last Visited   09-30-2004 10:03 AM
Total Posts   366
Total Page Views   18981
Total Messages Read   44818
Total Board Views   4393
Total Logins   95
Total Minutes Online   45009

That's just wrong.

As far as things go Tastian all I can recommend is that if someone is giving you grief and being dumb, then be straight with them: tell them they're being dumb.  It works for me online and IRL.   :wink:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Tastian

lol that's usually what I do incite.  Unfortunatly, in our society today it's seen as more acceptable to actually be annoying than to point out that someone else is being annoying.  I honestly find myself staring in disbelief sometimes at the people that get offended and call me names for stating truths about their behavoir or their personality.  Clearly it's much easier to dislike me than to actually admitt you don't like something about yourself /boggle.

Hrann

Well, in fairness, Hereki had twice the time to generate those stats.  Still, combined with activity on this board, you're both nuts. ;)

Incite

Quote from: Tastianlol that's usually what I do incite.  Unfortunatly, in our society today it's seen as more acceptable to actually be annoying than to point out that someone else is being annoying.  I honestly find myself staring in disbelief sometimes at the people that get offended and call me names for stating truths about their behavoir or their personality.  Clearly it's much easier to dislike me than to actually admitt you don't like something about yourself /boggle.

Oh dear.  :(

Well me and Garbage like you.   :D
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Hereki

That's not wrong, it is exactly correct :).  But it is very sad.  And doesn't take into account activity on several other EQ boards, all with similar post counts.

Btw, I may have started the eqlive account a few months ago, but that was just to check on a couple of threads; I only started posting about 2 weeks ago.