Main Menu

Quick update (9/23/04)...

Started by Tastian, September 24, 2004, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

"Coming to Test soon -

Your pets will stay with you even when you are invisible.  I am not sure when it's going to test server and then live but this is something Development is planning on doing."

Deathclaw

Tastian

No no, tell me how you really feel please.  8)

Eatbugs

No more whacking Bards upside the head for playing group invis?

I like it! (but can I still whack Bards?)   :twisted:
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Dorrogtr T`A

sierf

then what is the point of suspend minoin?
Sierf
Son of Cazic

Tastian

Still lets you have a spare pet, with persistent minion at higher levels lets you camp out and keep your pet.  There are still uses for suspend minion even if this change goes live.

Ekss

Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Grymlok

Well, this does make the first 2 levels of suspend minion useless.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Hereki

Not quite - SM2 is still essential if you want to do pet pulling, or have an emergency backup available.  It does drop it way down the list of AAs to get, though.

Kylaz

I WANT that...

Yesterday again, a 66 Drood invised the group and killed my warder I had, with great difficulties (cause I'm a troll and never remember to unsuspend it when zoning) , brought up from PoK to WoS  :cry:
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Lithale

The original concept of SM was to be able to give us a back-up pet.  However, we found that SM is a good way to keep a pet while invis'd.  I am very happy about this change.

-Lith

Eatbugs

I'd have bought SM2 just for the backup pet and pet pulling.  I don't regret those points spent, even if this goes in.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Oneiromancer

Besides, you need SM2 in order to get SM3, which is still very useful.  (Especially if this goes live, then you can have a backup pet ALL the time.)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Siodan

Quote from: EatbugsNo more whacking Bards upside the head for playing group invis?

I like it! (but can I still whack Bards?)   :twisted:

bards and druids now ... lots of bard meat in the frezer at home  :twisted:
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa