Heard word that the trash-mobs in OOW are again mitigating slow on Test

:cry:
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Shadowpaw

They probably should :) The loot and the xp is a little to easy there.
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

kukana

Perhaps, but what I see it doing is simply re-marginalizing our class again, which is already having problems due to poor OOW spells and a buggy epic effect.

Before mitigation was removed, people in WoS or other OOW areas would often tell me "Sorry, waiting for a shammy" when they would OOC looking for a slower.  Since we really can't solo anything in these zones (especially without being able to slow) the whole damn expansion becomes increasingly difficult to participate in.

Sorry if I'm ranting - just frustrated.
Kukana
Feral Lady
--
Magelo Profile

Grymlok

Rofl, those people are idiots.  WoS mobs are easy.  There is no reason we can't fill in for slowing duties. Slow mitigation make the difference between our slows and Enc/Shm even less apparent.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Eatbugs

QuoteBefore mitigation was removed, people in WoS or other OOW areas would often tell me "Sorry, waiting for a shammy" when they would OOC looking for a slower.

This is an excellent sign of a group I don't want to be a part of anyway.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

cougerofeq

LFG for hours isnt such a good thing either.

Zaramak

Well unfortunately I am back to not being able to land a slow til the 4th or 5th cast in WoS, north of wall.  Not so much a problem with mitigation as it is having to wait til the mob is 50% or lower for slow to land with chain casting slow.  I am 69 atm so its not like I am 65 trying to slow level 67 mobs.  So yes its back to sitting lfg for hours.  The last week or so was great being able to land slow first cast and to even offtank thanks to the full slow.  Now I just stand there and look pretty while I draw aggro and get smacked down chain slowing.

Wildblood - Lanys T'Vyl

Eatbugs

QuoteWell unfortunately I am back to not being able to land a slow til the 4th or 5th cast in WoS, north of wall. Not so much a problem with mitigation as it is having to wait til the mob is 50% or lower for slow to land with chain casting slow.

Odd.  I've grouped (as group slower) north of the wall in WoS a great deal, before, during and after the change to slow, and never had this problem.  WoS mobs (even the ones north of the wall) still have much lower MR than mobs in Fire or Earth, in my experience.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Tastian

Yeah, I haven't been today or anything, but I remember noting how nice WoS was compared to spots like KT and earth.  I had a much higher success rate on slows first cast and overall.  This really makes me wish they'd add a new beastlord only DEbuff to our omens spell lineup that made a noteable differance.  It's obvious in spots we simply don't perform well as main slower and it'd be nice to atleast work better with other slowers so that if a group already had a slower they'd still consider us.  *shrugs*  Guess we can get in as dps, but god dang there's a lot of "dps" classes out there.  Sorry mini-rant, but I feel like less and less of a caster and generalist and more and more of a "decent" dps class every day.  8(

Eatbugs

Quote from: TastianSorry mini-rant, but I feel like less and less of a caster and generalist and more and more of a "decent" dps class every day.  8(

I'm feeling that way a bit myself, but I think it's mainly our half-hearted omens spell list.  I'm not usually one for class envy, (and I think it's great Shaman are getting some spells to make them more appreciated) but I've been oohing and aahing over the new omens Shaman buff upgrades, and they make the few minor upgrades we actually got in Omens look pretty pathetic.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

bham

I did Draniks Hollow:Murkglider cavern last night and again today. Last night they did not mitigate slow and today they did. How they managed to change this without patching I have no idea. This is live..not test.

I am not complaining, as exp was also better, and 2 runes and a stick of fury dropped. Both runs were with a 67 leader.

Personally I think there is too much animosity between beastlords and mages. We should be working in pairs as a DPS/debuff/slow combo that will greatly benefit any group once the tank and healer spots are taken. Hard to put into practice unless you know a mage to work with, but highly effective and hopefully attractive to sensible groups.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

cougerofeq

Its a pretty sad state we are in right now - for all the above reasons.

As far as dps - Im not a parser, but the other day a group member who dowes parse noted the warrior was out dpsin me. I though thier ability to tank meant they were supposed to be a pretty low dps class? I had the 68 pet too.

Either way LFG all the time - unless your guildmates add ya - is the suck.

Eatbugs

QuoteIm not a parser, but the other day a group member who dowes parse noted the warrior was out dpsin me. I though thier ability to tank meant they were supposed to be a pretty low dps class?

High end Warriors out-dps most Rangers and Monks, too.  Needless to say, this isn't popular on the Ranger and Monk boards.  (On the other hand, they can't solo much at all, they're the most gear-dependent class in the game, and actually getting to the high end as a Warrior was an exercise in frustration until very recently.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Oneiromancer

The slow re-mitigation was definitely intended, unfortunately.  The earlier removal of the mitigation was a bug.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=38909#M38909

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

kukana

Game on?

More like game over.
Kukana
Feral Lady
--
Magelo Profile