Main Menu

OOW Slows re-mitigated

Started by kukana, October 01, 2004, 06:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougerofeq

Tardar

OH OH, but we might get to name our Warders!!  Doesn't that make it all ok?  ROFL!!

Cirth

Well on sebilis (french localized bugged server) i did not see the slow mitigation ends (well this week mobs were still mitigating) i wonders what patch will we get ;)
Elder Cirth - 66  BeastLord - Sebilis - Amethyst Guild.

Zyvox.

In murkgliders, the 68+ missions... its 50/50 for slows to land on first cast.  Some of the PHs take multiple.  The named usally take one cast, the Shrewd Dagorn usually takes 1 cast.  Slow being mitigated is a bummer, but not the end all.  Whats frustrating to me, is, they seemed to have tinkered with the AC of mobs in murkgliders, and they mitigate damage alot better now.

Zy

Essant

Pfft.  Ridiculous.  The fact that ALL omens mobs are wrackable is an INSANE advantage to a necromancer or any group that has one.  Im not complaining, I acutally enjoy it .. makes for some nice fast game play, but you are talking about 'balance' here .. and if you determined slow mitigation based on PC to mob level that would be one thing, but seeing a green mob in DS mitigate slow is just crazy.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Oiingo

Something many folks seem to be missing in this thread is the fact that as Omens zones are unflagged (save for Anguish), it allows all sorts of folks in taht you might not otherwise find in a flagged zone.

For example, I had a monk in my Walls of Slaughter group yesterday who was very proud to have ``finally broken the 3,000 HP unbuffed'' mark that he announced it in OOC.  Most of the monks I tend to group with have over 5,000 HP unbuffed and consider themselves on the ``low end'' powerwise.

It's all relative.  Some are better than others.  This is just how it goes.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Zurash Kittenclaws

Aside from the occasional train factor that occurs in some zones due to people not being able to handle adds etc, it is probably a good thing for the more casual gamers from a fun point of view as they get to see some zones that would perhaps be out of their reach if flagging were required.

The problem I have is that you have to be careful getting replacement tanks these days, depending on where you are fighting. A lot of the time I end up tanking when the level 70 sk/pally/war we just got to replace the last tank joins up and says he/she has 8k hps buffed, if not even less hehe. It can be hard to get a good tank, and its hard not to hurt their feelings when you ask them just to dps and try not to drag agro. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

negrismorte

Quote from: Zurash KittenclawsAside from the occasional train factor that occurs in some zones due to people not being able to handle adds etc, it is probably a good thing for the more casual gamers from a fun point of view as they get to see some zones that would perhaps be out of their reach if flagging were required.
<cut>

I kinda thought the bard speed mobs were a good train-relief device.  If you only have run3, you are pretty much dead anyway. hehe