Main Menu

Epic 1.5 bugs

Started by Rarrum, October 02, 2004, 02:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rarrum

Finished epic the other day and have had a chance to mess with it.  Thought I would list some of the bugs related to the item itself and the quest.

--quest--

Western Wastes Elder that you give note to:  Cons KOS.  The only way to complete this step is to either use sneak and get behind the NPC, or have someone invis you after you open trade window.

Maiden's Eye wolf: Combination of rare spawn and rare drop seems a little silly, not sure if it's intended to be that much of a pain to get.

After you turn in the item to spawn the last fight in Ruined City of Dranik, the hand-in NPC despawns shortly after.  So after killing the discordling animist you have to wait 2 hours to do the hand in, so you can finish the epic.

--item and effect--

If Spirit of Rellic (and I've heard Spirit of Irionu too) is in a buff slot on pet before Savage Wildcallers Blessing, then Savage Wildcallers Blessing does not proc.  Currently the only way around this is to cast junk buffs on pet, cast Spirit of Rellic, then dispell junk buffs on pet so that epic's effect lands in an earlier slot.

When you click epic's effect your target changes to your pet.  However, if you press the "Toggle last 2 targets" key, your target does NOT go back to your previous target (it goes back to the target before your previous target).  This is a bug with all pet spells that change your target also.

Aspro

The Epic clicky is not even workin on Sebilis Server, we kept getting the same message over and over "your target is too far away"

Tastian

The drop rate on beast has gone way up and should go live soon.

The proc is fixed on test to stack properly and should go live soon as well.

The mob despawns from what I've heard to prevent chain doing of the last epic fight.

No word on the KoS mob or on the effect not targetting the pet yet.  Soon as I hear more I'll update.

Oh and epic can be clicked from inventory soon as well.

Caradis

QuoteThe mob despawns from what I've heard to prevent chain doing of the last epic fight.

Its not just the last fight, its the last two fights.

As for preventing chain doing of hte fights, there are much better ways they could have done it.

I would suggest once trigger item is turned in, the mob despawns and respawns as a version who only accepts the drop from the raid mob.  Then despawns upon recieving item drop, or despawns if nothing turned in within 3 hours. (upon hail the triggers could say something about waiting for their beastlord to return so people dont try turning in trigger items during that period.)

I.E.
Turn in cloak to final trigger. She respawns as a version who only accepts totem.  Kill animist within 3 hours, then turn totem in to her to have it wraped. Then the trigger despawns.

Then give them a normal 3 hour spawn time or whatever they want for a range between fights, then the fights could only be done within that period of time once.

Sempai

Wow Tastian, thanks for being right on top of this.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Ekss

The up-for-two-hours, down-for-two-hours thing which the final turn in NPC does is stupid, stupid, stupid. It's even worse than the wolf in ME, in my opinion: the wolf has the potential to waste my time, but if I get a raid together to do the final fight and the NPC despawns before I'm able to do the final hand in, I've just wasted the time of 24 people (or however many come along).

I tried to do my final epic fight on Saturday. I timed the spawn of the turn in NPC in the Ruined City so I knew exactly when I would need to get my raid there.
However, another beastlord turned up and said he wanted to do it first; since we wanted to do other epic raids that night, I agreed to do mine later but asked him to let me know when he did the hand in so I could work out the new spawn time. He got his epic and I was happy for him.

However, when we moved the raid over to do my fight, we had just got to the tunnel when the NPC despawned - either I made a mistake with my timing calculations or the other beastlord told me the wrong hand in time.

The point of this little story is that the NPC despawning just causes a pointless waste of time and frustration. I can't see why it would matter if the NPC spawned regularly (or even randomly if the designers prefer) but then stayed up until the event was spawned (or changed to a different version so the beastlord can do the hand in after beating the last mob as suggested above by Caradis).

I imagine I'll get my epic done, but just as I don't want any other beastlords to suffer that awful ME camp, so I don't want anyone to suffer the frustration I felt on Saturday.
Sorry for the rambling post - my emotions got quite high :)
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Sikkem

I agree even if you turned the Discordant totem into Muada would make it more sensible.

Why do we have to have an epic that cant be chain done? and especially in such a stupid way Ive done 4 clerics one after the other, 5 necros 2 beserkers and the monks tell me they will chain do theres also it appears we are the only ones who suffer this stupidity.

I had to have my necro FD on the spawn spot in DS for over 9 hours the first time and 3 the second to catch Rashara Wruaalla up (he is definately bugged) and now I need him FD at Eranas spawn spot in the hope I can catch her up and get a force together  before she despawns, been trying for her for 2 days now and everytime I manage ot get everyone together (as they are usually finishing some other epic fight) she has despawned.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Moffett

Considering how much easier our epic is for the rest of it (especially once ME becomes more common drop) I think it's a small price to pay. I was looking at the mage one the other day...  /shudder

cougerofeq

Really, a mage friend the other day was telling me their 1.5 was easy and they deserved it as epic 1.0 was hard. ( and it was)

Aspro

Quote from: AsproThe Epic clicky is not even workin on Sebilis Server, we kept getting the same message over and over "your target is too far away"

Fixed since the small patch we got tonight ^^

Zentrel

QuoteThe up-for-two-hours, down-for-two-hours thing which the final turn in NPC does is stupid, stupid, stupid. It's even worse than the wolf in ME, in my opinion: the wolf has the potential to waste my time, but if I get a raid together to do the final fight and the NPC despawns before I'm able to do the final hand in, I've just wasted the time of 24 people (or however many come along).

I agree.   It took me 5 tries to get the DS fight done as the trigger would despawn every time i finally gathered the people there to do it.  very much a real PITA

Nals Picure

One bug i've noticed that applies to the epic is with the title Wildcaller.   If you do not have the epic on you currently, the title is not available.  Means if you are actually using the title, and die, you have to reset it once you loot.  Trivial thing, but still annoying to loose title and have to reset each time you die.
Nals Picure
He who was formerly the Fatestealer

Oneiromancer

That's been brought up elsewhere, and I believe Tastian is aware of it.  Considering they got it right with the titles for Epic 1.0, I'm sure they can fix it for the later ones.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Lesrik

Quote from: OneiromancerThat's been brought up elsewhere, and I believe Tastian is aware of it.  Considering they got it right with the titles for Epic 1.0, I'm sure they can fix it for the later ones.

Game on,

They have?  Last time I died, I lost the title Feralkin becuase I didn't have my epics.  Now I just don't use that one.

The NPC in WW wasn't KoS to me, as a Vah Shir beastlord... so maybe they changed him already too.  I didn't use sneak at all.

Oneiromancer

I keep my epics in the bank...I have since OoW came out...and I have access to the Feralkin title.  Perhaps I assumed that the flag you get for completing the epic was working for 1.0 and 1.5, when in fact the game just checks your inventory and bank and not corpses.  My apologies then.  Man...I am really screwing up these days.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired