Main Menu

Common EP Drops?

Started by Oiingo, February 03, 2004, 04:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oiingo

As an aspiring elemental flagged beastlord I read the ``what items in the elemental planes would you drool over'' thread and have a question in relation to it:

If one were entering the EPs with no VT gear, what drops are common enough to consider a resonable goal with a ``you'll see a lot of these and it's not *that* bad of an item, so grab it untiil everyone else has X and you can get it for cheap''?

I ask this because I don't want to spend all my LDoN points on armor when they could be spent on +40 HP augments instead.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

totania

1. Don't aug anything but Dumuls and other items you know you won't upgrade with Time loot.
2. Get your pet focus.  Get affliction extension.
3. Max your FT with augs.
4. Don't bother with vengeance augs because there are many Vengeance items for beastlords, but considerably fewer items with FT that are worth taking over those with Vengeance/focus effects.

Member of Night Eternal

Mallahki

For the most part.  If you are planing extreme long term... the only Dumuls item that isnt REALLY worth upgradin to time gear would prolly be the arms.  The only other time arms for bsts are the protective sleeves, which are only like 30 more hps.  Every other slot has much better time gear.  But if you are just now starting elementals, it will be a while till you upgrade to time loot, so you hafta make a choice if you think it is worth spendin the 1150 points on 40hp augs on gear that you will eventually replace.  There are some items in elementals that can be one grouped.  They are around VT quality, and you dont need to spend raid points on em.

shenker

It may not be something you will use for a long time but try to get the savage platinum fists and they require only 1 grp to get. Depending on how the proc aa from god works out they might end up procing a lot with the aa maxed (no idea what the current proc rate is,sometimes it procs a lot and other times it does not want to). If you don't mind using a 1hb grab a stone etched mallet. Of course once you are at the point of killing xegony try to grab the wraps since they are 1 part of our best duel wield combo (do not know if we will ever fight her again /cry) As was said already the dumuls arms are something to shoot for.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Rhaynne

Just a couple of points:

QuoteGet your pet focus. Get affliction extension.

Both are optional, but Pet Focus is far more useful than affliction extension.  Considering in a raiding environment, we preslow, there is no real needed for extended slows... and most beastlords never dot most mobs.

QuoteThe only other time arms for bsts are the protective sleeves, which are only like 30 more hps.

Protective Sleeves and Dumul's Sleeves of the Brute have the same AC and the same hps.  The time sleeves have more mana and stun resist, and the Dumul's has spell haste.

I never found the need to replace my elemental arms for these and ultimately put a 40hp aug on my Dumul's.

tiggerroo

Elemental armor = common.  Hats are really nice when you are fighting in PoWater :)
The FT back item off of Arbitor = really nice.  We have 3 in guild and have done arbitor maybe 5ish times.  I should have held out for it, but it dropped when I camped my bst to play cleric when all our clerics were camping, so in the end, it was probably a wise choice.
Pet claws are also common on our server, but maybe that's because we have tons of folks who like to xp in fire.
We have 5 Wristbands of the Rathe in 7 attempts and a buttload of Girdles of Earthen Stability (got 8 in 10 attempts, a few times it dropped 2) if you're looking for haste.
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

Frehn Lunarfury

Ring of Algae from wise in PoW is a pretty nice item for beasts imo. We've gotten like 12 of them in probably 12 or less kills.

The Girdles of Earthen Stability have dropped a ton for us as well.

Definitely pick up Leather Arms when you can. <3 Spell Haste.

totania

Quote from: RhaynneBoth are optional, but Pet Focus is far more useful than affliction extension.  Considering in a raiding environment, we preslow, there is no real needed for extended slows... and most beastlords never dot most mobs.

Nobody ever said they were required, and I don't care what most beastlords do.  Most of them suck and are someone's alt because they thought a bst would be cool to play.

I'm a DPS whore.  I don't care if there is an aug that gives me 0.5 more DPS.  I'll get it because in my eyes, more DPS = better.

Plus, when I'm not raiding, they come in handy as well.

Member of Night Eternal

Man0warr

Then don't throw it out as "the norm"
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

totania

Quote from: Man0warrThen don't throw it out as "the norm"

Quote where I said it was the norm.

Member of Night Eternal